Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

View Poll Results: RV Dealer Satisfaction Poll
I am extremely satisfied with my RV dealer 173 36.73%
I am satisfied with my RV dealer 102 21.66%
I am somewhat satisfied with my RV dealer 46 9.77%
I am somewhat dissatisfied with my RV dealer 38 8.07%
I am dissatisfied with my RV dealer 31 6.58%
I am very dissatisfied with my RV dealer 34 7.22%
My RV dealer is so bad I would not wish them on my worst enemy 21 4.46%
I have not had enough experience with them yet to form an opinion 26 5.52%
Voters: 471. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2019, 07:41 AM   #121

Bought my unit at Haylett RV in Coldwater, MI which is more than 3 hours away but they had the specific model I wanted (19XUD). I have been very dissatisfied with their service department. I have however had great service from my local Jayco dealer Hamilton RV in Saginaw, MI. I'll be going there if I ever buy again.
barrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:42 AM   #122

Purchased my X23B from Nichols RV in Mesquite, TX. Sold to Camping World. My buying experience was very good with Nichols. Paid cash for TT but RV school sucked. Had to learn via YouTube and other forums. Wife and I decided to trade up so visited Camping World (formerly Nichols). Everything was fine until I said cash deal. Suddenly they lost all interest. From what I've been told, Camping World is in the finance business and not the RV business. haha. Fortunately, I've had no maintenance issues. I dread the day I have to take it in for service.
rdcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:57 AM   #123

I bought my Starcraft Autumn Ridge from Camping World in Mesa, AZ. They were extremely easy to work with and included an extra battery and hitch install for the same quoted price, which was lower than other dealers we shopped. Paid the quoted price in cash with no hassle.

We bought it in 2017 and have had no serious problems since the day we brought it home. I have fixed a few minor issues myself and have had no need to return for the 2 year warranty, which has now expired.
Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:00 AM   #124

Haylett RV, not satisfied. Will not buy there again.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:47 AM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafreeman3 View Post
Researched and ordered our very first RV online and had to travel from Seattle to the Hillsboro, OR Camping World to pick it up. We got the very quick walk-through and were shuffled into the finance office to fill out the extensive paperwork. We were never offered even a cup of water the whole time we were suffering through that ordeal. They gave us $50 to spend in the store and while deciding what we needed (remember, never owned an RV before) they came in and asked us to please move our rig. The salesperson I'd chatted with extensively via email spoke to us once before the paperwork and then we never saw him again, or got an email from him, just total silence.

A guy who drove the forklift to move the rigs around reminded us to watch our tail end when leaving so we wouldn't take out a lamp pole.
All in all, totally bad experience.
Ouch. To have all your excitement about purchasing/owning a new RV (or car, boat, etc.) squashed by a sales department like that, s**ks---to put it mildly. It takes so little effort for folks in a sales department to simply spend a minute or two of their time to offer up some handshakes, smiles, conversation, and goodwill about your new purchase. No doubt this Campingworld is like a lot of other CW's in larger metro areas. Their prices undercut the local competition. Their volume is so high that they sometimes only have time to get the contracts signed---little time for anything else. One can only imagine this same volume process playing out in the service department. I suppose as consumers we're partly responsible for the problem---it's so easy to allow that low price on the internet to blind us to everything else that's important about purchasing an RV. IMO, CW may want to consider raising their prices at their busier dealers, enough to slow sales to the point where they have time to give customers a good sales experience. The increased profit per unit could potentially raise their overall profit margin vs. an all-out volume approach. And . . . give the sales staff more time to spread important goodwill during the purchase process . . . and give their service department time to breath. A win-win-win.

But, who knows, maybe Campingworld has already considered or tried this. It's possible their research shows they make more money selling in higher volume with reduced customer service vs. lower volume and better customer service. Either way, it's important to keep-in-mind, it's we, as consumers, that ultimately decide which process works the best for CW. It is what it is.
CampNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 03:07 PM   #126

Purchased our Jayco 317RLOK from Oakwood Camping World on July 1. The last RV purchase was our Sunset Creek TT in 2006. As I know the family that owned that dealership, I can't honestly compare the two experiences.

That said, the overall experience with Oakwood Camping World was not bad and was not great. I give it a rating of "It could/should have been better".

The sales experience was great - the salesman was pleasant, patient and knowledgeable, I only caught him out on a few issues , and was spent quite a few hours over two days of walking through all trailers we expressed an interested in examining, answered all questions honestly, and looked up, rather than made up, answers he didn't know. He earned that sale. I would recommend him to anyone.

The actual purchase experience was not as good. At the end of the process, my wife and I felt we had be yanked around a little, but not to the point of trashing the dealership. Things happen, it was a busy day, and buying an RV is not the same buying a car. As I went into the process with my eyes open, I wasn't as affected as my wife. The financial side took much longer than anticipated, or even what I think is appropriate. We did close the deal finally, after several hours of waiting with no status of really why it was taking so long, other than the times I hunted people down for information.

When we finally got to the PDI - which interestingly enough we did before we signed the papers - we were both tired and ready to leave so we could get home before dark. Because of me, the PDI was rushed and not as thorough as I had intended, thought I did cover almost all my PDI checkpoints. The PDI technician was great - patient, didn't mind that in addition to everything else, I checked every single AC outlet to ensure all were powered. My wife and I were the ones who kept the PDI short and sweet.

Made it home safely, and the next day spent a few hours at the fairgrounds practicing maneuvering, checking cap/cab clearance w/o engaging the hitch slide, dropping the trailer, leveling, hitching up, etc. All went well.

We have taken the trailer on two shakedown trips. First to my parent's house as additional sleeping for family re-union on July 4 week-end, about 900 mile round trip. All went well. Everythig worked well, figured out how to connect to to 20A circuits from Dad's and was able to run both A/C units without overheating anything. BTW, the Camping World salesman was available for a couple of phone calls when I realized there was a couple of things I forgot. Again, kudos to him!

The second trip was a trip to pick up my youngest daughter who was staying with an older sibling in Arkansas. We met in TN. That was about a 700 mile trip. That went well, except for a minor incident due to me - never knew parked cars traveled so fast! I turned too sharply pulling into an empty! parking lot - one car! And I have towed a trailer as long as this one for the last 10 years!

Looking forward to getting the trailer back and getting on the road again.
2007 Ford F-250 CC - Forcibly Retired
2006 Sunnybrook Sunset Creek 312BHDS - Retired
mbwatson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 07:21 AM   #127

Charlie Obaugh in Staunton Virginia has been the best I have ever dealt with...my salesman J.W. Is the best and most honest salesman I have ever run across....and even today he checks up on us once in a while and has always handled any problems I have had (only 2 so far) with there service dept which has been excellent and the factory which got me immediate response...I could not be happier with my dealer and salesman....so far excellent in every respect....
2018 Pinnacle 36KPTS

Sola123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 02:19 PM   #128

best JAYCO RV dealer

We bought our latest (2021 White Hawk 28RL) at Steve's RV (Lacombe Louisiana) He only has JAYCO's, and performs a special Q/C before you are allowed to pick up your RV. Small details are fixed. They accommodated our wish for a table and chairs (instead of a booth). They also installed a convection microwave to replace a regular one. This is our third JAYCO RV we bought there. We found his dealership after we looked at hundreds of TT's at 10+ dealerships. We narrowed it down to Jayco because of the quality of their cabinets. We are lucky we found Steve's. Sometimes a simple phone call or email is sufficient to fix a minor problem. A 10 rating for them !
robloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 05:02 PM   #129

What if someone is neutral and the last option is not neutral.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 05:07 PM   #130
crl

Hayes RV - Great RV sales and service

Hayes RV is a medium sized RV dealer in East Texas that provides competitive pricing for us. Their trailer prep and walk through at the time of purchase led to us knowing all about our TT with absolutely no problem to date.
crl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 05:11 PM   #131

What if another survey be created that asks "After you have owned your Jayco and the Warranty has now expired" How satisfied are you with your Dealer?

When I first voted, I had little experiences with the dealer and gave a very un-informed evaluation at the time. Now that I have had a few experiences and see them with a better understanding - I would vote much differently.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 06:48 PM   #132

Most RV Dealers will be glad to work on your RV when it is out of Warranty, because the get thier $money from you not the manufacturer.
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 02:47 PM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleheader View Post
Haylett RV, not satisfied. Will not buy there again.
Might I ask why? We are looking at possibly purchasing from them. We are about an hour away from Haylett.
Ninjapants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 08:58 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert RVers View Post
I'll wait to judge our dealer (Richardson's RV-Riverside, CA) until after we take delivery of our new Jayco. So far, in dealing with the sales department, I'm not too impressed.
I found sales to be ok. However, once they had my $$ and I had problems, crickets from them.

Service dept is abysmal...absolutely atrocious...to the point I will NEVER buy from them again.

Richardson's is terrible.
Old 02-24-2024, 07:41 AM   #135

If it wasn’t for the make and floor plan of the travel trailer wouldn’t have dealt with camping world. After the sale, salesman dropped out of sight.
Lonetraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 10:25 AM   #136

Took my 212 QBW back to Camping World Bakersfield for a few warranty issues. The problem issue was the refrigerator would not cool correctly. In the shop for four months, Camping World blamed Jayco, Jayco said they were waiting on Camping World. Never again!
gchaseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 10:51 AM   #137

To quote a recent popular song:
"I wish that I knew what I know now".
My fault. I didn't do my homework. I've owned rv's since the 70's. But the last purchase was more complicated and involved more money.
We love the rv we bought and the memories that we have made will outlast the sting of being taken advantage of.
Our situation has changed and we are fortunate enough to be looking at a substantial upgrade. We will proceed carefully and perform our due diligence.
Jacjayco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 03:00 PM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sola123 View Post
Charlie Obaugh in Staunton Virginia has been the best I have ever dealt with...my salesman J.W. Is the best and most honest salesman I have ever run across....and even today he checks up on us once in a while and has always handled any problems I have had (only 2 so far) with there service dept which has been excellent and the factory which got me immediate response...I could not be happier with my dealer and salesman....so far excellent in every respect....

Amen to that. We stumbled on the dealership and JW, and we agree with all you mentioned. He has handled the few issues we had quickly. We text/talk fairly regularly, and typically , If I have a question about the camper, I call him first. We also try to have dinner with him and his lovely wife whenever we are passing through.