Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

View Poll Results: RV Dealer Satisfaction Poll
I am extremely satisfied with my RV dealer 173 36.73%
I am satisfied with my RV dealer 102 21.66%
I am somewhat satisfied with my RV dealer 46 9.77%
I am somewhat dissatisfied with my RV dealer 38 8.07%
I am dissatisfied with my RV dealer 31 6.58%
I am very dissatisfied with my RV dealer 34 7.22%
My RV dealer is so bad I would not wish them on my worst enemy 21 4.46%
I have not had enough experience with them yet to form an opinion 26 5.52%
Voters: 471. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2016, 07:26 PM   #81

The only good thing I have to say about our dealer us that they're in the same town as we are.
The sales experience was a nightmare, the PDI was a joke and the warranty service is worse.
4 weeks to accomplish a few small tasks that totaled 6 house of labor and then two trips out to my place for them to fix things they fixed wrong.
I've now had to call an independent service shop who happens to be an authorized Norcold shop because my dealer won't return my calls and as it turns out they're not even authorized by Norcold to work on the refrigerator in the unit they sold to me.
All of the issues were minor but they just couldn't understand that brakes need to work properly, awnings and slide toppers shouldn't bang into each other, slides need to be centered in the sidewall to keep from peeling window trim off, and gray tank valves should close, and they shouldn't give a coach back with two stone dead batteries and non working levelers.

Warranty issues are not to be unexpected nor should good service.

But we really like the coach...and are glad we bought it.

2016 Eagle 321RSTS. MorRyde pin box. 12cu ft refer. Slide toppers and second awning.

2014 Silverado Duramax. Crew cab short box. Reese Titan 16K slider. Air bags.
Camping Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 08:36 PM   #82

I purchased from Baydos RV in Chehalis, WA. Have done business with them for twenty years and they continue to provide great service both before, during and after the sale. They have a great staff, competent service tech's and a nice supply shop that's competitive on price for supples. They also sell propane cheaper than anyone else in town and have an easy access dump station.
Old 08-01-2016, 11:48 AM   #83

Southern RV in Richmond, VA has been a good dealer for us so far. The sales experience was not high pressure, but more of a "let me help you find what you are looking for." The closing went well, and their service department has been great in taking care of the warranty items that surfaced from our first trip. They are a family owned dealer, seem to be focused on customer service, and we would not only buy from them again, but also recommend them to others. We bought a Jayco from them in early June of 2016. Our first prior RV was from Bill Plemmons RV in Winston Salem, NC and we were overall pleased with them also.
Road Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 04:10 PM   #84

This is a great post! I'd love to see more responses dedicated to naming specific dealers and satisfaction ratings. I think specifically rating dealers would go far towards furture dealer satisfaction and dealers being forced to increase customer service satisfaction.

We have not picked up our 5er yet and we're less than thrilled with dealer CS. When they bend over backwards to answer your questions before they get your down payment, but then you have to beg them to answer a question AFTER they have your DP....Let's just say we're not very happy right now.
Campin'_Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 09:28 PM   #85

This is good to hear. Just ordered a NP 375BHFS from them. Their price was quite a bit lower than Happy Trails in GP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cariboocreek View Post
RV City in Morinville Alberta (suburb of Edmonton). The salesman John did a good job and the service department was adequate. Service screwed up installing the 7 way plug in my pickup's box, but they fixed the problem with no argument. Price was best in Alberta.
RockSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 06:37 PM   #86
Moderator Emeritus

Took delivery on my ordered 2018 Jay Flight 24RBS on September 13 from Tradewinds RV located in Clio, Michigan. My salesperson was Brian Amato and he was very accommodating during my dealership visits, phone conversations, e-mail correspondence, etc...., both before and after the sale.

The dealership prep of the TT prior to the PDI was well done, and the 2 hour PDI went very well with only one item noted for warranty attention. The entry door was very difficult to close and it was determined that the door and/door frame was bowed. Tradewinds has a new door/door frame on order with expected delivery of October 10th. The screen door was removed to make the main door more user friendly for the short term.

During my first week of camping with the new TT I noticed that the top outside horizontal slide seal wasn't seated/mounted properly to the TT outer wall. I sent pics to the Tradewinds RV warranty claims advisor and she has a new one on order...., the seal R&R will be scheduled with the door replacement.

The dealership was aware of my annual early November departure South since I initially ordered the TT, and they worked with Jayco insuring the TT delivery timeframe wouldn't compromise my November departure.

Thus far I'm very pleased with my experience with Tradewinds RV and their staff..., highly recommend them.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 06:44 AM   #87

First, we full time so are not anywhere near our original dealer. We did have one service done by them, but, it was minor. Service department was good.

Purchasing was what I considered 'normal'. We got a decent deal but it was clear that the salesman knew little about RV's and did not look at our trailer after we decided to buy it. His involvement 'stopped' when we said 'yes'. The 'finance' guy is who did the paperwork and tried to sell us every extra they could think of. Usual stuff. The PDI was done with a couple of people who also knew less about the RV than we did. We basically did the PDI ourselves. Luckily we didn't find anything out of the ordinary.

So, overall I considered it a 'normal' experience. Yes, my 'bar' for dealer performance is based on car and RV dealers I have been to over the years and is set very low. I never expect any of the sales team to know anything about what they are selling.

Small rant. In the old days service managers were mechanics who showed aptitude for directing a group of mechanics and a parts department. Now days service managers are just folks off the street who seem to know little about vehicles and are more salesmen for unnecessary services.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 06:55 AM   #88

Dunlap RV in Bowling Green, KY are good people.

We've had very good experiences with them over the past year.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ome-41831.html
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:57 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tundra View Post
Dunlap RV in Bowling Green, KY are good people.

We've had very good experiences with them over the past year.
Purchased our 317RLOK from Dunlap in Lebannon in April, so far so good.
bender88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:35 PM   #90

Great Dealer in Southern Ontario - Niagara Trailers

Niagara Trailers in York Ontario, Canada, near Niagara-on-the-Lake is the best! Although they don't sell new Jayco, they sell used Jayco's (we purchased our 145 RB here) and service all makes. Great pre and post purchase service. John, the owner is a caring, honest individual who really ensures his staff look after his customers.
Tiguan Tow r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:19 PM   #91

RV Dealer satisfaction poll

LoneStar RV in north Houston has been good to deal with. My salesman Curtis has been great to deal with and we even still text jokes and stuff to each other. Service is always difficult for me to give high ratings as I am very picky, this is my second trailer and 2nd dealer. While yes the service dept will in many cases do a good job as in my latest repair of my stress crack. I always find that service depts try to get out of doing something’s, like when I asked the tech if the awning fabric and arm seemed like they were okay since the fabric was all bunched up as you can see from the picture and the arm bends sideways a bit when extending and retracting. He proceeded to tell me that was normal, so I did not agree and I contacted Carefree directly and provided pictures and they replied to me saying that the awning should not look like that and it was not normal. Of course this causes me a bit of trouble trusting what the service group says when they say something is normal. So I now go by the rule “Trust but verify”

2017 NorthPoint 377RLBH
2017 F350 FX4 DRW 6.7 PSD
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGW...jCx2yKWbNHxFpQ
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:28 PM   #92

Haylett RV in Coldwater MI. We bought our RV there last hear and couldn’t have asked for a better experience. Gave us a great price (we were shopping 3 dealers and they were the best). Service and support after the sale has been outstanding. They have been extremely responsive and quick to fix any issues as well as being flexible with getting the TT in for service. I highly recommend them.
Centerline WDH
Hazman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:36 PM   #93

Also a Lone Star RV customer here in North Houston. Can't say enough good things about them. Everyone has been helpful and friendly throughout the sale last Nov. and the several visits I have made to them since. Curtis was great to deal with as well as everyone in the service dept.
GD5015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 07:59 AM   #94

Extremely satisfied with the dealer I bought from. RV One Albany NY via rvdirect.com.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 06:26 PM   #95
Site Team

Bump
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:25 PM   #96

I added my rating of "somewhat satisfied". This is the first unit I've bought new, and I didn't have particularly high requirement for a dealership. Needed one that would make the deal over email, which mine did. The day I picked it up was a little slower than I would have preferred, as I was forced to spend 30 minutes in the "business office" while I declined all the coverage and extra crap. I was paying with bank draft, so I didn't need any financing. That part could have been faster.

Hope I'm never back for service, but we shall see.
GrumpyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:32 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Bump
I haven't seen anyone do the Bump in 30 years or more!

Roger

P.S. Sorry. Just a little. Had to do that.

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:55 AM   #98

Call of the Wild Oxford ME
PDI took three hours. They didn’t just show us they taught us to use the various systems and do it
On the road the water heater wouldn’t light a call to them solved the problem with their advice and it was prompt
Took it in for some minor work. The antenna wouldn’t work. Fixed on the spot ( was gunned up with sap and acorns)
Took in Dec for bearing repack. They pointed out the axle was bent. ( probably from Alaska permafrost heave) and the unit still under warranty
They got the authorization from Jayco the next day and the part in three days
A week later all fixed.
They were kind enough to keep the trailer for another two weeks as our driveway had turned into a horror show of ice and solid snow
Also the Jayco dealer in Albany GA
We had the window lever snap off and going down the road with the window emergency exit flapping not a good idea
They freed up a service tech and had the part right away
We could have done the fixit our self if we had remembered the rivet tool duh.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 08:11 AM   #99

RV one Best purchase I have ever made ! Des Moines Iowa
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 08:52 AM   #100
Site Team

The poll suggests most voters are somewhat satisfied or better with their dealer. As with our unit quality polls the majority seems to go against what is posted in the forum, likely because most folks do not post when they are satisfied, but more so when they are displeased making it appear on the surface those with negative experiences are in the majority when in fact the opposite is true.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote