Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #1

rv direct anyone use them?

hello, we are looking at upgrading our present 2011 23fb and we are looking at another jayco. we are unable to get a price that we think is reasonable on the new unit. i do have a quote from rv direct that is more than reasonable. has anyone purchased a unit from them or heard anything good or bad about them? pros or cons ? we are considering a jayco eagle 257rbs or the eagle 266rks.

thanks,

max
Old 08-27-2012, 11:31 AM   #2

There are a number of members here that have mentioned actually making the purchase straight through RVDirect. I can't think of one that I read where they were unhappy. Hopefully one of those members will see this thread and share their positive experiences

Another thought...we used RVDirect as a resource for price quotes on rv's we were considering. We wound up contacting the internet manager of a 'local' dealer who was willing to honor the RVDirect quote. Hope this helps. Happy shopping!!
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by max2bob View Post
hello, we are looking at upgrading our present 2011 23fb and we are looking at another jayco. we are unable to get a price that we think is reasonable on the new unit. i do have a quote from rv direct that is more than reasonable. has anyone purchased a unit from them or heard anything good or bad about them? pros or cons ? we are considering a jayco eagle 257rbs or the eagle 266rks.

thanks,

max
[I] don't kno where u r located but I drove out to OK(860 mi each way) to but a Jayco 154BH from Camperland of OK. Saved some big bucks and the service was all first class. Jodi is the gal I dealt with, real honest young lady. Might be worth a call? Good luck.
Salty(of the ALR) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:51 AM   #4

thank you, those are both good ideas. 3 trailers ago we travelled 1200 miles one way to save a lot of money on the rig we wanted. the amount we are talking here is 7000.00 dollars but that does not include the expense of picking it up which fuel would account for 600 dollars plus then the camping on the way back and other incidentals.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:16 PM   #5
Site Team

We bought from RVDirect, the Albany facility. The unit was ready when and as promised. No surprise or hidden fees, the quote is what you pay. I tried a few closer by dealers and got the run around. The only downside I see is when you order one you pay for it or arrange financing before it arrives, so if there was a major issue the trailer is yours. . Of course if you buy from inventory you could view the unit first. But ours was all good when we picked it up. We tried it out for a night in a nearby CG and everything was peachy. I say if you can save 6 grand go for it.....
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:23 PM   #6

We bought our first TT (X23B) from RVD. The only negative in the whole experience was the person I dealt with in their finance dept who was not very helpful or friendly. We drove about 930 miles one way to pick up our new toy and while the planning was a bit stressful everything went without a hitch. We planned our first night close to the dealer in case there was a problem. The next morning we hit the road and spent 3 more nights working our way back to the Houston area. In total we spent 2 nights in hotels and 4 nights in campgrounds.
About the pre-pickup stress: I made a collection of "stuff" that I knew I needed, thought I needed and just might come in handy and just worried about the things that could go wrong. We picked Orlando as our pick up location knowing the road was all Interstate and pretty flat (and they had the unit I wanted). The dealer installed and adjusted my hitch, we bought a few things from their shop, did the walk thru and headed out. There was some construction on the I-12 that goes around New Orleans that left me a bit white-knuckled but outside of that the trip home was totally uneventful (except we were having a ball).
I've not had the need to visit a local dealer for warranty work (yet) so I don't know how that might go.
Would I buy that way again? Absolutely!

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:08 PM   #7

I bought from RV Direct, Orlando Facility. I was happy with my experience and thought we got a good price.
Grunge Grown Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #8

We bought our Pinnacle from RV Direct in Orlando also.

The agreed price is what we paid and PDI was done well.

They spent all the time needed at delivery to go over all systems and answer all my questions.

We would buy from them again.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:27 PM   #9

thank you for everyones input. so far it looks like everyone has had a pretty positive experience .
Old 08-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #10

We bought and picked up at Albany. Very easy to deal with, pricing was more than fair and everything went according to the schedule they outlined from the original purchase agreement. I tried to take my RVD pricing locally and they did not budge. I would do it again when we look to change. That's off in the distant future though, very happy with my rig.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:14 PM   #11

We bought our last 2 units, a 2011 Eagle 365BHS and a 2012 Eagle 365BHS from RVDirect (picked up in Des Moines.) I've recommended them to many others and would buy from them again without question. Although I took there quote to several local dealers, none were able to get even close to the price we paid for wither of our units.
Garyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #12

I saved a boatload of cash buying our 26BH from RV Direct, even after figuring the costs associated with traveling from St.Louis to Des Moines to pick up the unit. My only complaints stemmed from their installation of my WD hitch. But then again, how often are people actually happy about the dealer WD hitch installations...
TheRevJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #13

Bought our 28 BHS from the Buffalo facility. Easy to deal with and saved a lot of money. Tried dealing local but they didn't come close. Also, picked up the camper and stayed at Niagra Falls for a few days. Kind of a bonus .
Old 08-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #14

I got a Jayco dealer to come within $1500 of the RVDirect direct quote I had. I figured it would cost me about $1000 in gas to pick it up since I am not near a RVDirect facility. I bought locally. I think RVDirect's prices are reasonable and think most dealers can come pretty close to matching the RVDirect price. (If the dealer is "hungry" enough.)
Jay Flight 26BH - traded for Greyhawk
MichaelD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:08 PM   #15

We bought our Melbourne 26a from RVDirect two years ago. I had two minor problems with them, one the warranty registration was not sent back to Jayco until I inquired about it, the second was that I was told the motorhome didn't have a propane gauge at delivery. I later learned it had the sending unit and should have had the gauge. Jayco sent me one when I inquired about it. I would definitely buy from them again.

2010 Melbourne 26A
2010 Honda CRV
Mikebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:44 AM   #16

thank you so much for everyones input. our local dealer still will not budge off his price. looks like we may be taking a trip next spring/summer to Des Moines Iowa as that is the closest to montana. we are gone most of this fall with this camper so probably will sell it early spring. might wait for the 2014's and see if they make the luggage compartment doors bigger, jayco just did it on the whitehawks.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:35 AM   #17

We bought ours in Des Moines from RV One which is also part of RV Direct. Great Price and service so far. I would recommend them.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #18

Add one more positive review for RVDirect. Although I have not yet picked up my Melbourne 28F down in Orlando, their price couldn't be beat. The Knoxville based dealer I attempted to negotiate with would not return my messages - even after offering them $1850 over RVD quote. The Tennessee RV (Actual Name) Dealership needs to hire some thicker skinned and honest salespeople.
knoxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:59 AM   #19

The only other issue to consider is service after the sale. "If" you can get your local dealer to come close to rvdirect, I would chose
the local dealer. I bought locally as I had some concerns about showing up with my new tt needing warranty work and I bought it eleswhere. The level of service is sometimes better when you take it back to where you bought the tt. Anyhow, that was my concern and I think it's something that everyone has to weigh. You went to your local dealer and couldn't cut a deal. In the future, you may have to visit the same dealership for service. Depending on the dealership's memory and mindset, that may or may not go well.
I had our local dealership's service manager tell me that they will work on a customer's tt first before one that was bought elsewhere.
Just some food for thought. Good luck with your purchase.
1 Wife
....and empty pockets
nitrohorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:51 AM   #20

Since we fulltime and travel around quite a bit, the local dealer service issue did not come into play as much for us in our decsision to buy from RV Direct.
When we need service we find a dealer close to where we are currently located, same with our GMC Truck if it needs dealer support / service.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote