Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-05-2019, 05:38 PM   #1

RV Direct (RV One) Iowa

Hi All-

I did a search to try to find out if any here have had experiences with RVdirect.com? They are also known as RV One. After buying local with another brand 9 years ago, the experience and service I received did not justify the increased cost and when we began our search for our new unit I found RVdirect.com. They are one of those high volume dealers that offer upfront pricing and at a pretty severe discount over the local dealer. I did a price comparison between our local guys and RVdirect and it was over 4K difference. I essentially gave them the RVdirect quote and whiteout blinking told me they couldn’t touch it....and that was for a 18’ on their lot.
It looks like I will be moving on a new 19 Jayflight 32BHDS with all the bells and whistles. I just have to drive 5 hours to get it. I am somewhat concerned about the local dealer not servicing my unit if it needs it, however I didn’t use my last dealer once for any warranty service. Most if any things that went wrong with it if handled myself. I just couldn’t justify the time and fuel to take it to the dealer for a .50 clip or broken this or that. I know I am taking a chance, but it in my estimate will be worth the risk to pay over 4,000 less for the same trailer.

Anyone ever deal with this group. They push the sale pretty hard, but its a pretty seamless process with no hidden fee’s. any feedback is helpful.
Ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:00 PM   #2

Never dealt with them but I can tell you all Jayco dealers are required by Jayco to honor and do warranty work. I wouldn't be concerned about being 5 hours away. My last unit (non Jayco) I purchased about 14 hours away. I had a couple warranty issues but they were with LCI parts and I had a dealer that rebuilds RV's about 30 miles from me take care of those. They dealt with LCI and not Jayco, I just had to show proof of purchase.
mghill77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:53 PM   #3

We drove all the way from Houston Texas to Iowa to pick up our Jayce Eagle ,
big savings to drive that far ...
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:53 PM   #4

Thumbs up for saving money

We are on our second travel trailer and purchased both brand new out of state. I bought the first one from RV Wholesalers in OH which is about 1200 miles from my home in CO. It was a Keystone product and I didn’t have to take it in for any warranty work. I saved just under $8,000 by driving back east. CO is a hot RV market and these guys out here know it.

I just purchased our new Jayco from, dare I say it, a Camping World about 500 miles from home in UT (closer to the ID factory). I wanted a few specific options and could only find a few exact trailers out there. There were a few trailers closer to me, but I kept going back and forth with the dealers and CW finally said yes to the deal I wanted. I saved a few grand and couldn’t be happier. There were two problems with the trailer that we noted during the PDI and it is now at my local CW for the warranty work.

Long story short I have been very pleased with my long distance purchases. Sure I would like to stay local and deal with a mom and pop, but I saved over $10,000 by driving and that’s real money to me. We all know how these things are built. We do most of the fixes ourselves so the local service advantage just doesn’t add up to me.

2018 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 6.4L
TonyCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:50 PM   #5

Not RV one but...
I ordered a new TT from Indiana RV Connection. It was a 3,600mi round trip to pick up my TT, but I saved A LOT; way more than it cost me to travel there and back.
There is a Jayco dealer not far from me in AZ and they have been GREAT on the few warranty repairs that mine needed. But their sales department was worse than terrible.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 11:56 AM   #6

I ordered my 2018 322RLOK from rvdirect they beat haylett RV’s price (which is usually fair) of an instock unit. This way I was able to get it fully loaded the way I wanted.

My price was about 23k off list or about 33% discount. I then financed it for list to cover my loss on trading in my 10 year old trailer that had some delam issues, and I had enough to cover saletax and adding in BB batteries, Washer/Dryer, Solar, Generator, EMS 50, RVlock, etc. etc.

Keep in mind if you live close to one of their dealers they attempt to redirect you to their local dealer web site - PM me if you want to learn how to get around this like I did (they were a little frosty with me when I was picking it up - I suspect it was because I only live about 5 miles away ; ) ).
Gizmopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 01:26 PM   #7

I would not plan on getting service from your local dealer. Its common in RV industry for dealers to only do service on their own customers. Most dealers customers can keep them busy. You could call your local dealer to find out.
mia389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:41 AM   #8

RV one purchase.

Purchased a 2019 321 RSTS in November from RV one..great trade in on our Cougar and we feel we got a great price overall. Took off early January, rolled 4300 miles and 8 states, no problems at all. Didn't feel pressured at all to buy here. Also we only live 4 miles from the dealer, so pretty nice if service is needed.
mikensue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:52 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mghill77 View Post
Never dealt with them but I can tell you all Jayco dealers are required by Jayco to honor and do warranty work.
No they are not. If you bought it from another dealer your local dealer is not required to service it. RV dealers are all independent, unlike automotive franchises.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:31 AM   #10

X2

I just picked mine up from service and Buffalo RV told me the same thing that they will only service campers purchased from them - in my case RV-direct /RVone is part of the same organization. (I figured I would ask while there)
Old 02-13-2019, 12:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
No they are not. If you bought it from another dealer your local dealer is not required to service it. RV dealers are all independent, unlike automotive franchises.
This may not be true in practice, but according to Jayco, you can take warranty work to any authorized Jayco repair center regardless of where you buy your trailer. I don't know if all Jayco sellers are authorized repair centers.
morleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 01:09 PM   #12

You ate both correct - Jayco allows any Jayco authorized dealer to do the repairs not all dealers are willing to do the work if they didn’t sell it.
Old 02-13-2019, 01:13 PM   #13

[QUOTEIf you bought it from another dealer your local dealer is not required to service it.][/QUOTE]

So Jayco offers a two year warranty, but nobody can service the RV in-state if bought out-of state? I understand that if you buy it from a different dealer, the local dealer may blow you off and say they don't have time. Or give you a longer time frame than preferred customers. But Camping World is an authorized Jayco repair dealer. Wouldn't Jayco be forced to approve CW to fix, if local dealer wouldn't?

This may be my scenario, cause I bought my TT 600 miles away in another state.
Old 02-13-2019, 01:22 PM   #14

I asked Buffalo RV exactly that question

I said what if I’m traveling and need service what do I do?

They said sometimes Jayco has even called on behalf of a customer requesting service and they have still denied the request.

It is at the dealers discretion if the unit wasn’t purchased from them if they want to perform the service or not.

It would seem that Jayco would need to be contacted to get permission for whom ever can be found to do the work if your dear is not available