Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-30-2015, 12:24 AM   #11

Well, we went to the show. I finally got to set foot in a White Hawk. Unfortunately it wasn't the floorplan I'm looking for. However it was a really nice looking rig. But we did find a Wildwood (is that blasphemous on here)that we really liked with a pretty good show price. Came home and researched it and thinking hard about it. Price is good for 2 weeks. It had every feature we want except the outdoor kitchen. I couldn't find any other rig laid out like that anywhere near the price. Looked at the show and when we got home I looked online at most decent sized dealers in NC. So now we are debating buy new for a really good price but not exactly like we want (but really close) or find a used one exactly like we want which has proven to be very hard for a much higher price. New is completely out of our price range. Think we are going to risk the "Show Price" until after I visit Hershey next month. Today was a good selection but it wasn't Hershey.

tugboat95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 12:39 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugboat95 View Post
But we did find a Wildwood (is that blasphemous on here)that we really liked with a pretty good show price.
No, that's not blasphemous, Forrest River makes a good product too, Wildwood is one of their brands, and in my opinion is one of their better products, no matter, once a member here on JOF, you are always welcome no matter what rig you own. In fact, Janet H and her husband own this website and also the Forrest river forums too, so the layout on the forum is nearly identical, you will also find several members on both forums as they often have owned different brands of trailers.

So, if the shoe fits, wear it!

2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 297 BHS
Flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 07:24 AM   #13

My DH and I went to Hershey last year to see what was out there and get ideas. We made a list of what we wanted in a RV. Took camera and notepad. Went back to motel that night and made more notes and had figures to work with. Attended show Sunday morning before heading home. He was ready to pull trigger in a Rockwood but being 1st timers I did not. Did not want to travel 5 hours for warranty work as have heard other dealers will put you on back burner if you did not buy from them. Had a good time and would actually like to go back. There are deals there. Jayco actually did not have that great of pricing. Came back and a couple of months later brought trailer had been looking at. Got a great deal from a good local dealer. No problems so far. We were also looking at Wildwood in NC 2 hours away. It was second on the list. Have fun at Hershey and wear walking shoes.
BigdaddyandNannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:14 AM   #14

The Hershey show is staffed by local rv dealers who also then act as agents for the manufacturer. In my case, I negotiated a deal at the show and then my local dealer who is not too far from Hershey honored the deal. So, i didn't have to buy the unit at the show. Worked well for both my local dealer and myself.
Bucko06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 03:20 PM   #15

We have decided to buy one. The wife has seen what she likes and has told me the features it needs to have for her. I know where the Wildwood is. Matter of fact he has several and told me they try to keep them in stock. We decided to sell ours and then buy. I'm going to Hershey but by myself. My Dad might join me if I stay til Friday. (He went to Raleigh and decided he wants a Pinnacle). I'm planning to go Wednesday afternoon and Thursday. I'm going to try and beat the Wildwood deal. If so I'm coming home with one. This close to Hershey I gotta look! Just don't want to buy until I've seen everything. Luckily I own my current TT so I won't have to worry about making extra payments.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:39 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugboat95 View Post
I'm going to an RV show next week and possibly the one in Hershey, Pa next month. Has anybody purchased a unit at a show? In years past I've attended boat shows and made a purchase at one. I still think I got a good deal. Do Rv dealers offer "Show specials" and are they really specials? That boat I had looked at a month before and he wanted it gone. My main interest in going is I'm looking floor plans and features and quality of different brands. What kind of possible purchase experiences have others had at these shows? I'm not necessarily looking to buy but I also want to be prepared. Will dealers be trying to move 2015's at these shows or are they pushing the newer stuff? Basically what can I expect as I've never been to one of these.
If you go to the show, it would be my suggestion to narrow down your search to just the type RV that you are interested in. Hershey is such a HUGE show that if you try to look at everything, you will come away from there more confused then when you went. You can easily go into overload with all the makes and models. If you really think that you need to see it all, its a multi day affair!!
Ela1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:36 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ela1948 View Post
If you go to the show, it would be my suggestion to narrow down your search to just the type RV that you are interested in. Hershey is such a HUGE show that if you try to look at everything, you will come away from there more confused then when you went. You can easily go into overload with all the makes and models. If you really think that you need to see it all, its a multi day affair!!
Oh yeah, I know exactly what I'm looking for now. Already found it just trying to beat it. But if my parents decide to go I'll spend a day with them just looking at 5th wheels that are out of my league
Old 09-01-2015, 07:42 AM   #18

We bought our TT two months after a winter show and negotiated a better deal that the price they had on the same TT at the show. Do you research and bring an price from another dealer on the same unit (or as close as you can find) to make sure the show price is really a good deal.
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:56 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqvet05 View Post
We bought our TT two months after a winter show and negotiated a better deal that the price they had on the same TT at the show. Do you research and bring an price from another dealer on the same unit (or as close as you can find) to make sure the show price is really a good deal.
Sat down last night with the wife and wrote down required items and certain layout preferences. (Bathroom must be away from master bed and a bunkhouse model. Have preferences for galley layout but all can be sacrificed for counter space). Categorized them into mandatory and preferable. Then added options we would like. Got our ducks in a row. Got my marching orders from the wife on how much money I can spend and where to get it. My organizing, spread sheet making wife made a spread sheet for me to check off the items and their importance. Leaving today to work 2 weeks offshore.