Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-01-2019, 09:34 AM   #21

Where can I get the State Stickers and Map?
william1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 09:49 AM   #22

My 2 cents

This maps are somewhat of a badge of experience IMO. Yes, your map your rules is the rule but these maps are really fun when folks and family ask you about them. Do you want to respond "These are the states we drove thru." or "These are the states we've camped in"?
Moving Along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 04:50 PM   #23

Whatever you want it to mean.
I personnally assume its is a State you have visited. Visited could mean simply driving thru.
If you drove through Ohio, and someone asks you if you’ve ever been to Ohio , you’re going to say yes, because you’ve been here.
2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab, Traded in
Bluegill1
bluegill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 06:58 PM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by william1908 View Post
Most rv supply stores have them, also online at Amazon, etc.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 08:27 PM   #25

Camped In??? Heck I thought those stickers were for states that I drank in!!! Guess I better go update the map

I say do whatever you want.....this is America!!!!

Rob
Old 12-01-2019, 11:47 PM   #26
Site Team

I'm gonna get a map, and put one sticker on Maine, and one on California. That should make some folks scratch their head!

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:55 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnati Kid View Post
I think we will have to impanel a federal commission to tax, regulate, and verify these state stickers.
NOOOOOOO!
parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 04:51 PM   #28

So here is food for thought. We are talking about USA map. What about the Canadian map? If you visit or spend the nite there does it count? For us either works. This includes before we met years before. We are trying to make things count. At this point we have pretty much covered the US and still need to complete the one in Hawaii and Alaska. Alaska I am looking at spending some time there. So for Hawaii.....sink or swim?
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 04:54 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by william1908 View Post

Since we have gone thru several trailers and had to do it over and over again hoping this is the final trailer here is where to get them. Camping World sells the USA and the Canadian map. We have both. We have done Canada and want to try to complete all sections which might happen since I am planning a trip to Alaska.

Happy Trails.
Old 12-02-2019, 04:58 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
I threw mine away when I lost the stickers!

Since we had to buy a new map for the new trailer we have several sheets of map stickers. We can always mail em to you.
Old 12-03-2019, 05:45 PM   #31

I am hard on myself. We Have to be there at least 24 hours. Have completed 34 states so far.

Paul & Chris 2018 Jayco 30X
2018 JEEP Sahara Flat tow
Psamual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 01:02 PM   #32

ditto

We always used the "Camped in" rule - but after reading this thread - and after traveling through the N.E. this fall I think I'm going to change our family policy to "visited" where the definition is: "Camped in, or partook of an activity." Some New England states are so small you can drive through them while you blink - and frankly there are very few places to camp in, for example, Delaware (no offense to those who live there!). But we did visit some really cool museums and other attractions in those smaller states - so I'm going to count them.
But if I just drive through - nope.

The other question not asked but refered to by several people is:
Does the map apply to the RV it's attached to? Or the owner/driver.
Since I started camping with my Family in the 1960's, I've camped in every state in the union except Hawaii (kinda expensive to get the old RV out there :-) ). My family camped for many years in a tent and covered about 1/2 the U.S. But my current map just shows what the wife and I have done with our RV's AC (after children moved out).
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:18 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyRay View Post
We always used the "Camped in" rule - but after reading this thread - and after traveling through the N.E. this fall I think I'm going to change our family policy to "visited" where the definition is: "Camped in, or partook of an activity." Some New England states are so small you can drive through them while you blink - and frankly there are very few places to camp in, for example, Delaware (no offense to those who live there!). But we did visit some really cool museums and other attractions in those smaller states - so I'm going to count them.
But if I just drive through - nope.

The other question not asked but refered to by several people is:
Does the map apply to the RV it's attached to? Or the owner/driver.
Since I started camping with my Family in the 1960's, I've camped in every state in the union except Hawaii (kinda expensive to get the old RV out there :-) ). My family camped for many years in a tent and covered about 1/2 the U.S. But my current map just shows what the wife and I have done with our RV's AC (after children moved out).
Our map is specifically so that we can track which states our son has visited. In that spirit, I've not added the states I've visited, nor the ones DW visited both before we were married or before our son came along. He just turned 5, and we intend for him to visit all 50 states by the time he's 18.

Our rule for "visiting" a state is similar to yours. We need to have stayed the night there. For the smaller states, as you've said, we need to have a "meaningful activity". There's no way we can get the RV to all the lower 48, so we make an exception for that; we "count" the ones we fly/hotel to that we can't reach with our camper. And we DO count the states we visited in our TT and add them to the states we've visited in our MH.

Like I said, it's our son's life/experiences that determine which boxes get color...

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 08:16 AM   #34

@Camper_Bob
Now that's some family action there. Nice.

For us, it is all about the breweries we have visited. We used to keep a ton of stickers on our family van, but it has moved on. Guess we'll just have to visit those tap houses all over again! Darn!
PoulsboJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote