Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-19-2019, 09:36 PM   #21

The beauty of living in Arizona is; in the summer you go up to the white mountains, Fool Hollow, Grand Canyon, etc, etc. Then in the winter you go to Buck Skin, Patagonia, Catalina State Park, Kartchner Caverns, Roper Lake etc, etc. Arizona is a camping Mecca.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:37 PM   #22

So from the communist state in the Southwest and the nice winter weather, come one and all here to camp.....don’t need a trailer or motor home. Just a tent and shopping cart, you can get around faster.

Understand the neighbors......

Gone Fishing!
SIGPIC
Nathan S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 01:11 PM   #23

Who says you need to stop camping?

ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 01:13 PM   #24

This is my first Jayco. I’m living in it throughout the winter in Alaska . Crazy I know .
One family has lived in there’s 9 years . Hope I survive .
It’s a learning experience , I’m sure
Jeff chavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 01:18 PM   #25

to cover or not cover the 5th wheel is the question. And what brand cover do you recommend? Iowa snow.
Joetker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 01:36 PM   #26

Jaco flight 34 rmbs TT
Jeff chavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 04:12 PM   #27

Average Temps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff chavez View Post
This is my first Jayco. I’m living in it throughout the winter in Alaska . Crazy I know .
One family has lived in there’s 9 years . Hope I survive .
It’s a learning experience , I’m sure

Your "average" temps are about 9 degrees colder than Chicago. Just be mindful of whatever water you have on board and have one heck of a LP supply. Insulate the floor to keep the wind and cold off of the floor and you probably stand a good chance of making it through the winter in one piece. Condensation will be a problem and you may wind up with ice on the interior walls. Good luck. Hope it works out for you.
Jack N Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 05:15 PM   #28

When you retire, there is no need to hang tough and shovel snow, it will come faster than you think.
I have the best of both worlds, Northern Michigan in the summer, and Florida in the winter.

I live back in the woods in Mich, don't have or need A/C.

Kenelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 11:53 AM   #29

We do a finally weekend of camping in the RV at our local KOA that does Halloween weekend. When we bring the rig home we realize we need to winterize it. Which means cleaning it out and getting the pink stuff in the pipes. This also means using some bleach solution to clean out and prevent mold in the refrigerator. Then it is on the roof to clean it off and clean the awning if it is not raining. Then make a list of repairs for next April that camping world will have to fix. Our 3 week trip found a few problems. Now that I look out the kitchen window I see a camper all covered up for a long winters nap. Sigh. Is it is summer yet? We made three rsvp for next summer. The 4th, labor day and a Halloween weekend. Sigh. I am so ready to pull out the awning, a nice chair and cool drink with my audio book and lounging the summer away.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 08:16 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
It's strange, seeing the rig parked outside now, all covered and tucked in, nice and warm, for the Winter. Now I have to look at it and dream, waiting for Spring to get here....

On the other hand, it went down to the lower 20's last night, so that's not the temps I like camping in, so being in the warm house was better...

Worse situation, now I have no projects to attack on the rig, and have spare time. Got to be really careful, wifey will be looking to start projects for me to complete!!
My sad tale is getting my new to me toyhauler home the last of Oct. then flying out to Seattle for a week to visit my Son. Figured I might have some nice fall weather late for my inaugural trip. Got back and rain rain rain. Then cold. TH sets on a nice pad behind the barn, through the yard, I live on top of a hill and it all slopes away. Now the back yard is muddy... Oh well, I camped this year, just not in this one. Yet...
1973-1977 HT-2 "R" Division
2007 Work and Play 18 LT (retired)
Rednight55 is offline   Reply With Quote