Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-13-2019, 09:48 AM   #1
Lost in the Woods

Unhappy Sad Day - All Tucked in for the Winter

It's strange, seeing the rig parked outside now, all covered and tucked in, nice and warm, for the Winter. Now I have to look at it and dream, waiting for Spring to get here....

On the other hand, it went down to the lower 20's last night, so that's not the temps I like camping in, so being in the warm house was better...

Worse situation, now I have no projects to attack on the rig, and have spare time. Got to be really careful, wifey will be looking to start projects for me to complete!!
Attached Thumbnails
cover2.jpg  
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 02:48 PM   #2

Unfortunately a necessary evil for those that have a camping season that doesn't include 12 months . Feel your pain.

What state is Ocean County?

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 05:07 PM   #3
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2edgesword View Post
Unfortunately a necessary evil for those that have a camping season that doesn't include 12 months . Feel your pain.
That's what I get for living in "paradise"...

Quote:
What state is Ocean County?
The communist state of New Jersey (we're neighbors, so you'll understand)
Old 11-18-2019, 05:18 PM   #4

Reading this makes me so glad we live in AZ. It's 77 here today in bright sun; wearing shorts and T-shirts. Next week we leave for a trip to Quartzsite for 4 days over Thanksgiving to visit friends, and the weather there is even better than here. We will probably be taking the RV out most of the winter, going to Yuma in late December.

Stay by the fire and stay warm.....
Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 06:04 PM   #5

In Az, 85 today. Our next camping trip is dec 26th.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:22 PM   #6

About 84 in the Casa Grande area today. Nice but Tuesday, Wednsday and Thursday supposed to get some bad weather. Down in the 60's. Need to get out our heavy coats lol
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 10:10 PM   #7
Site Team

Ha! I kinda feel sorry for all you folks that live where there's no O* temperatures, or snow to plow, shovel, or snow blow. Having frozen fingers and toes, or the wonderful feeling of a runny nose freezing to your upper lip! You just don't know what you're missing. Gosh, I Heart NY! Really....I think...

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 10:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
Ha! I kinda feel sorry for all you folks that live where there's no O* temperatures, or snow to plow, shovel, or snow blow. Having frozen fingers and toes, or the wonderful feeling of a runny nose freezing to your upper lip! You just don't know what you're missing. Gosh, I Heart NY! Really....I think...
All depends on how you look at it. In summer I spend days driving to get out of the heat, getting north or high. Camping for us is not spending the days in the trailer AC or floating in a river to stay cool. When it’s 115 outside and waiting for the sun to go down, not cooking and eating cold cuts just doesn’t work like the snow doesn’t. This is the time we can really enjoy the local outdoors without driving for 2 days. IMO it’s just a season flop. It’s like you headed south for a trip. I’ll give you the one difference, we don’t have to winterize our trailers and then dig them out to head south. 😀

Gone Fishing!
SIGPIC
Nathan S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 10:41 PM   #9
Site Team

I really do understand. Our summers get into the 90's a few times if we're lucky, and I think we ran the A/C in the TT maybe three times or so. It all averages out, your winter's the best time to camp, as is our summer...your summer's spent trying to stay cool, and our winter it's trying to stay warm. That's because we're so far Northeast of SoCal! Ha!

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
Old 11-18-2019, 10:44 PM   #10
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 Traveler View Post
Reading this makes me so glad we live in AZ. It's 77 here today in bright sun; wearing shorts and T-shirts. Next week we leave for a trip to Quartzsite for 4 days over Thanksgiving to visit friends, and the weather there is even better than here. We will probably be taking the RV out most of the winter, going to Yuma in late December.

Real nice, just rub it in and twist the knife a few times...

It was 41 with a cold rain all day today, going down to 35 overnight....

The worst part is having to take poochie out in this stuff...
Old 11-18-2019, 11:21 PM   #11

Oh no, not the cover, yeah I know what you mean the wife was saying the other day that it's too bad we can take out the RV out, and the weather here is really not bad but we holding back because we might be going out of town soon for a funeral.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 07:45 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
Real nice, just rub it in and twist the knife a few times...

It was 41 with a cold rain all day today, going down to 35 overnight....

The worst part is having to take poochie out in this stuff...

Actually our weather is predicted to rain for the next 3 days, so my clean, uncovered RV is going to wet and dirty. We are sorely in need of some rain so I can't complain. Just hope it clears up for Turkey day and doesn't spoil our planned trip. I did but a cover for ours when we bought it, but have never used it because we always seem to be on the move....
Old 11-19-2019, 08:49 AM   #13
RPR

We are so lucky being from lower Alabama. Our method of winterizing is taking the short sleeve shirts and shorts out of the MH and putting long sleeve shirts and long pants in.
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 10:05 AM   #14
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
I did but a cover for ours when we bought it, but have never used it because we always seem to be on the move....
I originally wasn't going to go the cover route, and just let it sit for the months over the Winter, but with the custom vinyl wrap I did on the exterior, I figured I would try and keep the sun from baking it during the time we weren't using it. We'll see if that plan helps the vinyl.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:11 AM   #15

Don't feel too bad.. We camp about 90 nights at our seasonal site from May-Oct on Cape Cod.. By the time mid October comes around, I've had enough for the season. I find ZERO enjoyment camping once daytime temps drop below 50... Looking forward to May now!
Old 11-19-2019, 10:44 AM   #16

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_Trailer_Newbe View Post
In Az, 85 today. Our next camping trip is dec 26th.
Ha ha! Those are summer temps here.

Much as I'd love to camp year round, I could not deal with your 120 in the summer for weeks at a crack. I don't care what they say about dry heat, that's still crazy hot! That's the other extreme. Not for me.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 01:56 PM   #17

We are at 3500' where I live, so we only get a few days a little above 100 degrees. I lived for 10 years in Quartzsite and there it got as high as 122 one summer, averaged 110-115 most of the summer. That's why we finally got tired of it and moved here. We were told it seldom snowed here, but last February we got almost 18 inches of that stuff!
Attached Thumbnails
Snow 3.jpg  
Old 11-19-2019, 03:46 PM   #18

Quote:
We are at 3500' where I live, so we only get a few days a little above 100 degrees. I lived for 10 years in Quartzsite and there it got as high as 122 one summer, averaged 110-115 most of the summer. That's why we finally got tired of it and moved here. We were told it seldom snowed here, but last February we got almost 18 inches of that stuff!
I think someone from here may have sent it to you!
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 03:50 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
That's what I get for living in "paradise"...

The communist state of New Jersey (we're neighbors, so you'll understand)
Oh, I definitely understand

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 06:15 PM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Where I used to live, that would be considered a 'flurry'. After going through the '77 blizzard, with over 100" of snow, and 20' to 30' snow drifts, I got out of Dodge, and moved to the southern side of Lake Ontario. The east side's a killer for winter conditions.

Now, here 18" is a bad storm. Go figure!

2012 Jay Flight 19RD