Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-13-2016, 03:05 PM   #1

Sani-Con Turbo Waste Management System

Hello,

The Sani-Con Turbo Waste Management System is an option we can add on to our new 5er we're ordering. Does anyone have any experience with this system? Any feedback? We're trying to figure out if we should order it. Thanks!

~Lisa

ETA: For example, in looking at this video, which is possibly an older system, it makes us wonder if it will be more trouble than it's worth and just something else to break down. Just the first couple minutes show he's having a problem. The rest of the video is commentary on the campgroun.

Campin'_Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 04:49 PM   #2

I was thinking about getting the portable one to just hook up to my drain when I want to use it. I sort of like the idea.

I don't know how Jayco has integrated the system to the 2017's, but if there was no way to bypass it, then I would pass on it.
If it broke down, or you had electrical problems, then what?

I love built in gizmos, and if it is built in, easy to use, and gave the option to bypass it and drain normally then I, personally, would be all over it.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 09:43 AM   #3

Thanks, Klassic. We've been given a price, but there is no literature about it, to speak of, anywhere! While all of these gadgets can be fun, we're beginning to think it's probably just something else to possibly tear up and not sure it'll be worth it.
Campin'_Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 11:36 AM   #4

RV macerator

I have a conventional dump and wanted to be able to super-clean at home and pump uphill to our septic tank. I put in an additional clean-out and it worked great until we moved up to a 37' Seneca and don't have the room to get close. The 100' hose at 3/4" diameter from Harbor Freight (lowest cost) pushes the stuff up a 4 foot rise to the clean-out. I had a similar hard-piped macerator in our boat for dumping the stuff 3 miles off-shore and it quit once. No more hard-piped poop-wrangling after that. FloJet RV Waste Pump Kit.
2014 Seneca 37FS
2015 Wrangler Sport toad
red-headed wife
RoWest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 06:12 AM   #5

We are looking at a new 2018 Whitehawk with the Sanicon and been digging through the forums/Interwebs for info so thought I’d update this thread a little.

The system that Jayco appears to have put on their Travel Trails still has the regular dump caps (at least on the Whitehawk we looked at). So if the Sanicon fails to work, you can still dump with the regular 3” hose method (thankfully).

We’re still on the fence about it but since it includes the regular method, I can’t see why we won’t add it, use may not use it.

We use more rigid and expandable Rhino hoses that have end caps and never had an issue (we don’t use those horrible factory slinky hoses). Once the black and grey are dumped the Rhino hose is flushed out quite nicely (always making sure we have a full grey to wash it out) and once you put the end caps on it no smell or water gets out at all. A good rinse and toss em in the storage tote. Quick and no issue.

However the ability to possibly dump “uphill” or to a neighbors site (been to camp grounds where the dump at our site turns out to have issues and didn’t catch it till the next day) would be nice. Possibly the ability to do it at home for washing out the tank would be handy too.

Since there is so little info and details on the system Jayco uses, if we pick up the trailer I’ll take a ton of pics and model numbers etc and start a thread (if I can’t find one).

Cheers
Tim
Thorvald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 06:15 AM   #6

Yikes, thanks for posting this. Wife has long hair and competes with the Cat for fur balls lol. Currently shower drain is typically covered in hair after a shower so we’ll have to take that into consideration on the new trailer.

Between my inherited genes and Army hair cuts, I don’t have to worry about mine lol.
Thorvald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 11:52 AM   #7

Our 2017 Pinnacle came with a Sanicon system. It works, and is helpful for uphill pumping. You have to be careful not to continue to run it when the liquid runs out or the pump will overheat. This can damage the pump, although there is a breaker which will trip. There is a bypass with a conventional 3" fitting. the valve handles to select which system to use are fairly inconvenient in their locations. Additionally, when it comes time to winterize, it is necessary to run antifreeze through the pump. This requires pouring a gallon of antifreeze into one of the holding tanks and pumping it through the Sanicon. It's a handy option, but one more thing to deal with. Don't know if I would spend the money to add one.

Jim
Old 10-29-2017, 05:52 PM   #8

Information and videos are far and few.
Question, is the pump after the black tank gate?
If so, so its possible that toilet paper and waste could still clog the gate opening and never get to the pump?
If the pump is mounted inside the black tank then that would make more sense. Takes waste in, breaks it all up and pumps it out.
Some explanation would be helpful.
2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab, Traded in
Bluegill1
bluegill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 07:29 AM   #9

I have the san-con system on our 29reks. It has a regular dump valve as well as the pump. So far I am happy with the system.
jkelly3919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:28 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegill1 View Post
Question, is the pump after the black tank gate?
If so, so its possible that toilet paper and waste could still clog the gate opening and never get to the pump?
The Sanicon is plumbed downstream of both outlets of the black and grey tanks. There is also a T-fitting between the outlets and the Sanicon to divert either flow to the traditional slinky hose gravity disposal method.
Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 05:31 AM   #11

Happy with mine, added 5 minutes to winterizing and an extra gallon of antifreeze, but even with crawling underneath to open / close the extra shutoff it is a good setup.
Old 11-02-2017, 12:13 AM   #12

I think the unit works great. I don’t have any set up time with trying to get the hoses sloped correctly. I can add 25-100 ft of hose to discharge up hill if needed.
You do have to warm people not to discharge non sanitary items in the toilet and we put screens in the shower to catch hair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:41 AM   #13

I considered a Sanicon system when we ordered our 2017 but decided against it, mainly because I already had a Flojet portable macerator that I was using to dump at home with our previous trailer. We are also basically seasonal campers vs. hopping from one site to another, so gravity dumping works well, saved me a few bucks and we don't have to worry so much about what goes in the black tank that might clog the thing up. But I can see where an onboard one would be "handy" if you move around a lot.