Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-28-2021, 01:55 PM   #1

Sanitizing water tank QUESTION

Is there a trick I don't know about how to actually get the bleach-water solution into the fresh water system of the RV?
What I have done in the past is pour the mixture into 50 feet of hose, which I have screwed onto the inlet in the water closet. Then I turn on the hose, which is connected to the water spigot at the house.
It would be easier, I believe, if I could directly pour the bleach-water solution into the RV inlet, then chase it with hose water. Preventing that, I suspect, is that is some sort of pressure valve behind the filter and washer that lives inside the inlet valve in the water closet.
Thank you.....!
thirdktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 02:03 PM   #2

I take water filter out, pour bleach in filter canister and install and fill fresh water tank. Then pump water thru all fixtures until you smell bleach.

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 06:13 PM   #3

I don't get the issue. The owner's manual tells all. Why do you need a 50' hose...LOL.

You have a fresh water tank. Open the cap, stick in a funnel, add x gal of water and y quarts of bleach. Let sit Z hours, then flush the system using the pump and hot and cold water faucets. Then fill back up with clean water using the funnel.
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote