Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-01-2020, 08:59 PM   #1
crl

Santa Fe NM RV Park Recommendations

Well, not unusual, but our granddaughters have changed our spring travel plans. The group gave us some great RV park recommendations for the Smoky Mountains, but based on the needs of our family, we are now headed to Santa Fe NM in mid May. It has been many years since we traveled that direction. Anyone been there recently and have a good recommendation for an RV Park in the Santa Fe / Taos area? Ya’lls recommendations have always proven true. Any feedback is appreciated.
crl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 09:50 AM   #2

We stayed at the KOA near Santa Fe last year. Nice park, friendly staff, and close to town.
Lots of tree's and the ability to have a camp fire if so desired.

We would go back if in the area.
Texas is currently home
Tockert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 10:37 AM   #3

We have stayed at Rancheros in a tent, in a pop up, and our TT and have never been disappointed. I should mention we prefer state and national parks and rarely stay at a commercial park. Rancheros is rustic but with a pool, laundry, TV area, nice staff and close to several good local restaurants. The sites are not paved but mostly level.

We found it first when we needed a road stop with a laundromat, showers, and the pool was a nice bonus. We stayed an extra day while exploring Santa Fe.

Coincidentally later I needed to make multiple trips to the area while researching a book I was writing. It has become one of my all time favorite cities and we have always stayed there.

Of course I do want to emphasize it's not a RV resort. The landscaping is natural not planted.

While in the area take a drive to Ojo Caliente, The Original Fountain of Youth and enjoy the various mineral and mud baths along with nice food and drink.
Old 01-03-2020, 10:43 AM   #4

Don't miss Meow Wolf and the Farmers Market in Santa Fe!
Taos is an interesting town
We stayed at the Santa Fe KOA too . It is a Journeys campground so amenities are limited ( as well as WiFi ) but we base camped and went to Taos and SF easily. Staff was friendly ( and the laundromat was needed!) This is desert so landscaping is natural.

There are many National Forest and State campgrounds nearby that accept RV's but facilities there are even more sparse.

Bandelier National Monument nearby is incredible.. Saw bobcats!

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 03:06 PM   #5
crl

Very good information. So much appreciated. We are certainly looking forward to the trip. Hope to book our spot early next week after we do a bit more research. We were there 30 years ago and enjoyed the short stay, so we are looking to spend a bit more time exploring the area.
Old 01-06-2020, 12:31 PM   #6

Alot depends on what you are looking for, we have stayed at the Santa Fe KOA a couple of times, nice people decent park.
Poppyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 02:15 PM   #7

If you want rural, try Villanueva State Park south of Las Vegas, NM. I mean RURAL.
https://www.rvparky.com/location/villanueva-state-park
2014 Seneca 37FS
2015 Wrangler Sport toad
red-headed wife
RoWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 07:55 PM   #8

We stayed three nights at Santa Fe Skies RV Park and recommend it highly. Full hookups, showers, laundromat, pull-through sites, wi-fi, easy access to I-25 and beautiful views. Was completely full all three days, so suggest booking early
Daniel3359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 04:11 PM   #9

We also stayed in and enjoyed Rancheros (twice). We also tend to avoid commercial parking lot style campgrounds and liked the more rustic feel of Rancheros. Depends on what you're looking for.
Old 01-10-2020, 06:22 PM   #10
crl

Great info and much appreciated. We made reservations yesterday and are making a list of things to do and see while we are there. Looking forward to the trip for sure. Hurry up spring!
Old 01-12-2020, 12:22 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel3359 View Post
We stayed three nights at Santa Fe Skies RV Park and recommend it highly. Full hookups, showers, laundromat, pull-through sites, wi-fi, easy access to I-25 and beautiful views. Was completely full all three days, so suggest booking early
Santa Fe Skies is a great place to stay. We have been there both directions when visiting Colorado from Texas in summers past. Nice 360 degree views, long sites and quite clean.

Also has quite a bit of industrial art around the place from local artisans. Very interesting stuff. Oh yeah, and a dog park!
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
--
Click_here is offline   Reply With Quote