Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-29-2021, 01:41 PM   #1

Schwintec bedroom slide water leak.

So last year my FW spent 8 months in shop for two weeks of repairs. Under my extended warranty the side slide seals were replaced(torn by slide rails). Another sorry repair. Seal to short at top and bottom cut around track pathetic. So now I have a water leak and it is from slide when open. Water is running into my basement below the left side track shaft. I am gonna replace seals but discovered this. Each side of schwintec has a plastic pan to catch water and direct it out so I should not be having a leak. It appears the factory jammed the lower pan seal up under the schwintec column at bottom causing a dam. Has anyone removed the side star screws that hold the schwintec column to RV wall? I cannot get the bottom seal out from under the column unless I cut it or loosen the column. The seal is also lifted from the water pan and I believe is the leak point. All I can do is try and build up a silicone bead as far back under the column as I can. I attacked several pics of the garbage work by factory and repair shop. I found the pan pics on line and my bottom seal is not connected but laying on top of the bottom of pan. It appears only way to fix properly would be to remove slide.
Attached Thumbnails
3DB567EC-8B68-439D-B983-F023818F7CDD.jpg   CD091BB9-7755-4E33-B62D-E688319563D9.jpg   287994DD-A6FB-4DCF-9F9E-8AC9AA17BA0C.jpg   358C1632-9891-4518-965C-32CC7E56D44B.jpg   5A03BF27-354C-4FD8-9C7E-8D389DFA39B4.jpg  

2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 04:47 PM   #2

Well think I figured out the fix. After loosening all the screws got the seal guide strip out from under the schwintec column. Cut the top of the guide so it is flush with the plastic pan. Went to service center today and am very happy. New service manager and tech who worked on my rig is no longer employed. Had choice to bring it in for new side seals but decided to install new ones myself that they cut for me. I have a year of extended warranty left and will give them another chance.
Just to be sure the plastic pan is sealed good I am adding an adhesive sealant bead behind the column shaft and out past the pan to edge wall. Using a caulking gun with a six inch hose extension to be able to get way back into the corners. Kinda like putting up a dam wall as a precaution incase water is leaking around the seal where it attaches to the pan. Will do that before side seal install. Not happy with the mess the factory did installing the pan and lower seal which is a hugh job to replace. They had to know it was not right before they installed the slide but did not fix.
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote