Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-27-2016, 09:27 AM   #1

Screen Door - Outside Door Question

silly question but ....when you open your camper door does your screen door stay attached to the main door or do you have to manually open the screen door afterwards?

My screen door on my 29.5 BHDS did at one point stay attached to the main door but it always seemed to be catching/jamming on bottom of kick plate walking in and i was afraid of breaking something.

They no longer stay together since i made an adjustment and I am wondering if this is how they should be or if they can open together.

Cheers!
GiddiYup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 09:46 AM   #2

All of my units the screen stayed attached and opened with the main door. Have to unlatch it from door to have just screen closed.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 09:51 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
All of my units the screen stayed attached and opened with the main door. Have to unlatch it from door to have just screen closed.
i thought so! ok...good to know. Thx
GiddiYup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 12:32 PM   #4

They should open together. There should be a latch on the main hard door that pushes the screen door handle up so it doesn't catch on the frame. It could be that the latch on yours is broken or not up high enough to push the screen door handle up enough. As for the door catching on the bottom - mine did that at first. I just pushed up on the screen door to get it off so it doesn't catch anymore. Basically just bent the top up a little with minimal force.

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L Powerstroke 4x4
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 11:46 AM   #5

Update on this thread. I had the same issue, the doors used to open together. What I found was that the latch on the screen door had actually loosened. Once I repositioned it and tightened it, the doors open and closed together once again.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote