Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-04-2017, 06:51 AM   #1

Sea Eagle Products

Does anyone have experience with Sea Eagle inflatable canoes and kayaks? What is the quality of their products? Have you any trouble with either the product or the company? Are their inconveniences to consider - How user friendly are they?
FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 08:39 AM   #2

I own an STS10. It is not a canoe or kayak, but it is a sea eagle inflatable. This is my second sea eagle product. I have had no problems with customer service or ordering process. The boats are great and have performed flawlessly.
Khans Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 01:05 PM   #3

I bought a 420 Explorer kayak in 2012 and found the quality to be excellent and I did like the inflatable part due to its portability. However, I didn't like the fact that it was much slower than fiberglas kayaks and more difficult to control on lakes with any wind. So, I sold it last year for half what I paid for it and it was in "like new" condition so it cost me about $500 for 4 years of limited use. I would suggest that if you plan on purchasing one, make sure you own it for a long time because you don't get much when you go to sell them. I now own a one-man pontoon boat with trolling motor and it fits my lifestyle much better...but that's just me.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 05:48 PM   #4

Sea Eagle

The Sea Eagle product line is a budget product for light recreational use. The main advantage is that they're inflatable vs solid fiberglass or roto-molded kayaks. Inflatables are primarily 'toys' (although there are high priced inflatables for white water use like rafts and rowing style kayaks), since they paddle poorly with minimal glide with each stroke. If you're into somewhat serious/regular paddling I'd invest in solid hull kayaks since they paddle much better, are much more rock resistant, yet still light weight. The prices for shorter, entry level ones are under $200 at large outlets, but can go much higher for upgraded & longer ones with better seats, hatch covered storage bins, and heavier thickness hulls. Solid hulls will last much longer than inflatables, if they are kept out of the sun when stored. Also, if you will be paddling in warmer water and ocean surf, you might look at 'sit-on-tops' that don't require a waist skirt and are self draining. These are very popular for kayak fishing - a very fast growing sport. But again the fancy ones can get high priced. Check out a paddling store for advice, then shop around for price vs quality & features. Happy paddling!
Gypsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 08:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post
I now own a one-man pontoon boat with trolling motor and it fits my lifestyle much better...but that's just me.
X2, I own one too, weighs 60lbs and breaks down easily for transport. Sorry, no experience with Sea Eagle although I've looked at them.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 10:03 PM   #6

My Sea Eagle inflatable must be 20 years old by now and it's been in waters in Idaho ( Clark Fork)Washington , Oragon ( Rogue River)and California and always with my wife and dog on board. It's been over rocks, gravel and fallen trees + plenty of sunshine and it's still going strong. Easy to inflate, fold up and fits in my sky box and would I buy another one if someone stole it, you bet I would!!!
Oh, I forgot to mention that about 5 years ago I lost the inflater attachment and ordered a new one and they said " sorry you lost it and the new one is on us" thank you for choosing Sea Eagle.