Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-02-2012, 05:35 AM   #1

Second trip.

Well this weekend is our second weekend owning the Jayco and our second weekend camping. Great weekend. A little cold at night (40s) and a little rain but not bad. It was also my first time towing it up the mountains. Several miles of double digit grades. We haven't towed it off the mountain yet as DW is headed back up today and I will be back after working this week. I just installed a P2 brake controller after the tow up so hopefully it will be better than my old timed job. I am still having a few issues dealer has to look at. Door is VERY hard to latch have to slam it or push with all your might. I loosened the screws on the latch and pulled it out as far as possible but it barely helped. Also my tanks were always reading empty. I crawled underneath and found several screw heads broke off. All of the ground wires for the tank probes were loose so I put them back in the same holes using self tapping screws. In the rear I found the cable that goes between the brakes hanging loose. I was afraid this would snag but I was unable to use the same hole so I drilled a small hole in the frame and resecured the clamp using a self tapping screw. I don't see any reason why this would be an issue do you?

2014 Whitehawk 27DSRL Summit Edition "The Doghouse III"
2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax
BriBoy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:34 AM   #2

door on our new 184 was also very hard to open and sticking. tried moving the screws as you did to no avail. finally figured out the exterior door on the trailer was catching on the screen door latch. lowered screen door latch slightly and door works fine.
bayleightucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:43 PM   #3

Its not interfering with the screen door latch. It opens fine but it is hard to close.

2014 Whitehawk 27DSRL Summit Edition "The Doghouse III"
2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax
BriBoy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #4

It sounds like a trip to the dealer is in order. The door on our trailer wouldn't stay shut when we got the trailer. The only thing that kept it shut in transit was the hand rail.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote