Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-28-2014, 04:56 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVhiker View Post
The biggest part of the problem of amplified music that is too loud is thoughtless or inconsiderate people. But I believe another part of the problem is the trend of so many trailer manufacturers to make exterior speakers standard. If at all, I think those should be an extra cost option. And the default setting of exterior speakers should be off, so that folks can't accidentally have them on.
Not only exterior speakers but many offer exterior entertainment centers. The last thing I want is someone sitting out on their patio right next to my bedroom window watching late night television.

2012 321RLTS Eagle
2011 F350 CC SB
dzwiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:07 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzwiss View Post
Not only exterior speakers but many offer exterior entertainment centers. The last thing I want is someone sitting out on their patio right next to my bedroom window watching late night television.
See, this is something I don't understand... I get it for tailgating, but that's about it. Beyond that it seems to me to be a whole bunch of extra weight. If I want to watch TV outside my RV (like if I were tailgating), I have a coax outlet on the curb side of my RV. I can just hook a TV in and put it wherever I want. Seems to me like those outside entertainment centers are a pretty narrow market... But then my neighbor has one on his 5er and loves it... I dunno, I guess I just don't get that either...

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:43 PM   #33

On the flipside of this story, my wife and I once stayed in a CG and watched a young family back their trailer into the spot next to us. I walked over and helped watch the rear of the rig to help guide him in. After they had gotten all the connections made and the jacks down, they came over and said hi. The Dad instructed the kids not to walk through our campsite and they were the most courteous neighbors. As I told the Mrs, there may be hope for this country after all!

2003 Ford F-250 XLT Lariat
6.0L Powerstroke V8
2013 Jayco JayFlight 24FBS
Equal-i-zer hitch
Tekonsha P3
BlueHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:46 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHaul View Post
On the flipside of this story, my wife and I once stayed in a CG and watched a young family back their trailer into the spot next to us. I walked over and helped watch the rear of the rig to help guide him in. After they had gotten all the connections made and the jacks down, they came over and said hi. The Dad instructed the kids not to walk through our campsite and they were the most courteous neighbors. As I told the Mrs, there may be hope for this country after all!
Excellent point! There are still a lot of decent people out there...

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:40 PM   #35
Site Team

^^Yes the experience the OP had is the exception and not the rule. In all facets of life we have to deal with the occasional *******. I have been fortunate to have very few rowdy neighbors while camping over the years, even in the "big holidays". For the most part, you will not find better folks anywhere then in the RV community. But like I said, there`s always a few exceptions..
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:42 PM   #36

We were at a state park 2 weeks ago, our neighbor has just finished packing up everything and locked his keys in his car. It was just him and his young son. His cell phone was out of power so I loaned him mine. His wife was in church at the time. She called me back and I walked back over to him and they were able to give her directions, etc. We were away from the park for a few hours and when we got back they were gone. Anyway an hour or so later I got a text message from them (since they of course had my number). thanking me very much for the help. It was nice they took the extra few minutes to thank me. I didn't need or expect it, but it was nice. Hopefully some day he will have the chance to pay it back...

Last year we were also next to a young father and son. It was their very first time out and everything they brought was borrowed (tent camping) by the way... Anyway.. next morning we were bringing coffee, snacks, etc. over as they had forgotten all of that.. Once again very appreciative of us and thanked us profusely. As always it was our pleasure to help out...

If your ever camping next to us and need anything, come on over.. All are welcome...

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.
Tex1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:44 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywendolyn View Post
We have also learned to go to the campground office to complain rather than take people on ourselves. Better they are told by the officials to turn it down or leave.. than have them mad at us.
X2 - common sense always prevails.
Z71 Extended Cab w/Longbed, 5.3 ltr

Coleman Tent, Flagstaff Pop-Up, Jayco Eagle, Flagstaff Pop-Up, RPM Toy Hauler, Jayco White Hawk - Our camping evolution
stjohneyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:53 PM   #38

I always try to pick a spot taking full consideration of the sites around me and the possibility that noisy neighbors may be arriving at any time. This usualy prompts me to pick a very very remote area. Fortunately we really only had one really bad experience with 2 drunk campers that pulled in at 10 pm. They were very obscene in their language and challenging/confrontational to all their neighbors. It was one of the campgrounds with no rangers and a locked gate at 11 pm. We were trapped like rats. Still, most people are very decent and a pleasure to talk to.
Z71 Extended Cab w/Longbed, 5.3 ltr

Coleman Tent, Flagstaff Pop-Up, Jayco Eagle, Flagstaff Pop-Up, RPM Toy Hauler, Jayco White Hawk - Our camping evolution
stjohneyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:51 PM   #39

We were in a KOA in Owen Sound in late summer and when we returned to the 5er after touring the area there was a sound that was annoying and seemed to be close to us and it had a cadence that seemed deliberate. After ruling out wind or some other naturally occurring phenomenon we walked the cc to tell whoever it was, to stop it. There were few people in the cc. I started to picture some kid with a stick hitting something like a can or metal sign. After about 20 minutes we asked a seasonal occupant what the heck the noise was. They explained that it was bells on the cattle in the field about a half mile down the long road into the cc. The owners are Swiss and in Switzerland they use the bells on the cattle to keep the coyotes and wolves away. Depending on the wind direction, you may or may not hear it. I guess the wind changed direction as the sun went down and it solved the problem.
4" Magnaflow, Banks Air Intake
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs
DMRGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:57 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHaul View Post
The Dad instructed the kids not to walk through our campsite
People who walk through other campers sites is one of my bigger pet peeves, and unfortunately it seems to be a behavior that many must think is fine based on how often I notice it.

sirrealone is offline   Reply With Quote