Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-31-2018, 02:47 PM   #41

It is 59, I was thinking of another. Fixed.

Also, the Predator is 3000 running and 3500 starting watts vs. 3500 and 4000 on the Champion. So a little more kick.

ROOF REPLACEMENT

PARTIAL FLOOR REPLACEMENT
Scott91370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:41 PM   #42

I recently purchased a Champion 3100/3400 watt inverter, (model #100233)and so far so good! Very quiet, starts on the first pull most every time, and more than enough power to run my 15,000 AC unit. Only about 15 hours on it to date, so only time will tell if it holds up. For the money, so far I am extremely pleased. Just an FYI, look into a company called SuperGen Products in Newark, New York. They are an authorized Champion retailer and service center, and sell both new and refurbished Champion models with heavy discounts on the refurbed models. Many of the refurbished models have little to no hours on them, with many being simply shipping damage returns that are repaired by SuperGen and then re-sold as refurbished with a warranty. My inverter looked brand new upon arrival, and has had no issues to date. And I saved quite a few $$$$ over the brand new price. Their refurbished stock changes weekly. A great company to deal with and excellent customer service. Just a thought if you are looking to save a buck ......
2015 EZ-GO TXT Golf Cart
South Jersey
K9Nardu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 05:05 PM   #43

I bought a refurbished Champion 3100 remote start from SuperGen cheap. You have to call them at the NY number to find out if they have one in stock, or simply get on a waiting list. What a real deal.....
Old 01-31-2018, 08:49 PM   #44

I'm a Honda guy but it's because when I bought my first Honda, an EU2000i, there weren't any Champions, or Predators, or what not. Just Hondas and Yamahas. I got a 2K model just because I could lift it. I would not have been able to move the EU3000i genny around, and certainly couldn't have lifted out of and put back in the truck.

I got a 2nd Honda to match the first one, when I got a TT and needed to run the AC.

If in today's world and I needed two gennys to run my TT AC, I probably would be looking at Champions, or other similar generators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono View Post
I am trying to understand the reasons why people are supporting Hondas that much. Sorry, I am newbie...

Champion is quieter than Honda (either as 3100W model or as 2 2000W units) and significantly cheaper. Is it about reliability of Hondas? What about Champion - I did not see any terrible reviews of Champion.

BTW - this is a common standard to measure the noise from 7 meters, so Champion and Honda db number are comparable (i.e. Champion is quieter).

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:20 PM   #45

We have the 2 Honda Gen set. One Honda generator would run the A/C in the driveway (@ 4200') but not where we camp most of the time. We bought the second to make sure we could run the A/C anywhere we wanted. One would keep the batteries charged, run microwave and TV. I bought Honda because of their proven long life. I am about 8 years away from my retire date. I do not want to have to buy generators again.
Duke4857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:15 PM   #46

We did have a 3000/3500 watt Champion generator. The loud one that was not the inverter type. It did very good for us quality wise, but it was heavy and loud. My son now has it to run his power tools when he does odd jobs. That generator has served well for about 7 years. Change the oil, new spark plugs and be nice to it. They will last! Please do not use ethanol gas if you can find the good stuff. It saves of fuel lines and keeps gas from jelling so fast. Always use a fuel stabilizer or drain the tank and carb when storing the generator.
Duke4857 is offline   Reply With Quote