Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-05-2016, 02:51 PM   #1

Exclamation Seneca 36fk dangerous bed lift fix

Our 2014 Jayco Seneca 36 FKis a great coach with many solid features . But the bedroom plywood frame is not one of them. It is very heavy
and can only be held up with a steel pole. Much like holding the hood of a car up with a detached stick. When getting things out from under the bed, both my wife and I have to do it together; she holds the pole and I lift the bed until the pole can be placed under the bed. She continues to hold the pole until I can get things out. If that pole ever slips when you are under the bed it could cause serious injury to your head or easily break an arm. My RV guy out her in Salinas CA used to build race cars and I have asked to try and custom build a piston system to hold up the bed and make for easy
Lifting. Most good size RV 's have these systems but Jayco's design makes this a difficult engineering feat. He has already gone through several different piston iterations and is just about done. If any one is interested in this fix to a potentially dangerous situation we can make it available
NT
Nethornberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 05:20 PM   #2

I used one of these

RV Bedlift Kits

worked awesome, although it was on a travel trailer
kiknads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 10:38 PM   #3

Fix

Thanks, I will look into this bed lift kit

NT
Nethornberry is offline   Reply With Quote