Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-09-2022, 11:55 AM   #21

Senior moments

Best one ever will be hubby driving out of parking lot of fast food and my saying where are you going !!! Eye roll to get on hwy to …. My reply to the eye roll - well you left your daughter in the washroom at Harvey’s **** !!! 15 yrs later we still remind him. Might even be a song there 🙄
Sunshine67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 12:12 PM   #22

I hate to admit this, especially since it has happened more than once. My wife called me at home on my cell phone to ask about a list she had texted me. After walking around the house for a couple of minutes, I told her I couldn't find my phone... she is still laughing ����
dcdutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 01:11 PM   #23

Mid-seventies and more "Senior Moments" than I can remember, but so far grace has kept me alive and mostly well. Well, mostly - my wife reminded me that in two days it will be our 52nd Anniversary, but for the life of me I can't remember anniversary of what.
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 02:16 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
Well seeing all your ages I guess I'm safe from senior moments at least for a while as I just turned 61...

I was thinking of it the other way ... "all of these people are saying they're 70+ ... does that mean I have to hold it together for 9+ years before I can use this excuse? Say it ain't so!

Thanks Norty for the candor and humor. Glad it didn't cause any harm, and we can all enjoy a humorous thread.
Old 07-09-2022, 02:30 PM   #25

Drove 560 miles, even stopped for gas, left trailer in driveway at home, i gave up the laughing lettuce that day
bheisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 09:13 AM   #26

If you get down on floor, there needs to be a plan to get back up on your feet.
Duke4857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 01:47 PM   #27

These have truly made my (Sunday) afternoon. I just finished putting final touches on tonight's sermon, my DW is in her recliner next to me, and I had to literally bite my tongue to keep from laughing out loud and waking her (now that would make a story).
Now for my senior moment(s):
In the pulpit, I have often looked over to our piano player to introduce her and her musical special and for the life of me could not recall her name (I've only been the pastor for 20+ years and she was here before I came.)
BroRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 02:14 PM   #28

Being new to popups but not trailers I simply forgot to put chocks. Took off chains before I raised off the ball. And away it went.

Hit a fence about 30 feet down and stopped with no damage. Quite a few neighbors came over and helped push it back up to my site and I learned never to take off the chains before it off and ball, and chock it!
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 03:28 PM   #29

Last summer i thought i had a very incredible senior moment, actually turned into an incredible practical joke. After traveling about 200 miles to our favorite lake spot, one of my buddies radioed to me, "Kirk,,,check whats on your back trailer bumper the second you stop".. i got out too check, low-and-behold, my favorite coffee mug is still sitting on that bumper after 200 miles.. .. How is that possible. I went to grab it,, took quite a tug to pull it off. My buddies waded up a piece of EternoBond tape to the bottom.. For a few seconds, i was pretty damn impressed about my smooth driving.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 04:07 PM   #30

I'm only about 6 months north of 60 but I had my senior moment after our 2nd camping trip out this spring. Instead of paying the outrageous fee of $15 to dump my sewer tanks at the lake campground, I pulled the trailer into the side yard and dumped my tanks in my sewer clean out. I've done this once before and I'm still working out how to do what to make sure everything is done as easily and smoothly as possible. Anyway, I got home from the campground and it wedas a little warm outside, I was hungry so before I got started on my dump procedures, I decided to have a bite to eat. Since everything for lunch was already in the camper, I put the MorRyde steps out went inside and made a sandwich, got some chips and a Coke. Got done eating and went about my tasks. Got everything dumped, flushed, and equipment stowed. Everything gets stowed on the drivers side of the trailer. Jumped in the truck and started to back out of the yard. Heard this terrible noise, and thought to myself, that hitch has never made that noise before as I jumped on the brakes. Got stopped, sat there and thought for a moment when it dawned on me, THE STEPS! I got out, ran to the back of the trailer and saw it. The steps were still out, had drug across the yard, smacked a large decorative rock and bent the snot out of them, After turning the air blue with a string that would have made my sailor Dad smile, I tried to close the steps. Yep, they were bent to the point they would not go in the door. I twisted them some until I got them stowed, moved the trailer to its normal parking spot and took a closer look. They are still usable, I just needed to get a pair of pliers and adjust/persuade the one foot back into shape. If I hadn't been able to straighten them, it would have been about a $400 oops. This incident just reinforced the idea, before you move the trailer, walk around the entire rig and make SURE, it's ready to roll.
2021 Keystone Cougar 27SABWE
Bandit12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 04:42 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS225 View Post
What....you haven't yet stepped out of the grocery store and had to stop for a minute to remember where you parked it?

Roger
Been doing that so long I'm afraid to call it a senior moment!
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 06:30 AM   #32

Went camping at Four Seasons Camp Ground on Long Lake ,Naples Me, over the fourth, for 10 days, been camping since the mid 80's so we are pro's right!!!!!!! WRONG!!!!!!!!!!. Went to set up the Easy Up and found out we left the cover at home 2hrs away. Yup ,drove the 2 hrs back & fourth as any PRO would do.
Old 07-11-2022, 02:43 PM   #33

I am going to call it a senior moment as I have not yet reached the age of 60.
We were traveling from near Reno NV to my dad's place. We stopped in Fallon Nv for a few supplies and then down the road to a gas station for gas. We have a Class C, so I got out from the drivers door to fuel up and then climbed in to depart. I never checked to see if the DW had gotten out to get anything from inside the gas station convenience store. I was 60 miles down the road to the shoe tree when I realized that she was no longer riding along with me. I could not call her either as she had left her phone in the RV.
Lesson learned, that we communicate intentions and do a verbal check prior to departing locations that we are all loaded up and ready for the road again.

It was a long ride to my dad's that day from Fallon.
Todd Ockert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 02:51 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Ockert View Post
I am going to call it a senior moment as I have not yet reached the age of 60.
We were traveling from near Reno NV to my dad's place. We stopped in Fallon Nv for a few supplies and then down the road to a gas station for gas. We have a Class C, so I got out from the drivers door to fuel up and then climbed in to depart. I never checked to see if the DW had gotten out to get anything from inside the gas station convenience store. I was 60 miles down the road to the shoe tree when I realized that she was no longer riding along with me. I could not call her either as she had left her phone in the RV.
Lesson learned, that we communicate intentions and do a verbal check prior to departing locations that we are all loaded up and ready for the road again.

It was a long ride to my dad's that day from Fallon.
60 Miles WITHOUT realizing you left the DW behind???? She is a keeper because I would have noticed the peace and serenity the moment my front tires crossed the curb! You win the prize in my book sir!!!

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 04:32 PM   #35

Lesson number 1. Have a pre-trip check off list that includes checking the pressure on all tires . Oh yea, that's if you don't forget your check off list.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 06:53 AM   #36

My motorhome senior moment of the week.

We've been fitting out and stocking our new Greyhawk 30 for our first trip.
I had a brilliant solution for a dirty clothes hamper.
There are a bunch of lockers with outside access so I picked one out just under a closet where I could put a hinged hole in the floor to act as a laundry chute. That way the washing would be readily accessible from outside for the trip to the laundry.

Fortunately I came to my senses before cutting holes.

The closet was in the slide-out DUH.
Ann-Marie is offline   Reply With Quote