Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-12-2021, 02:32 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Roseville
Posts: 37
Service department

We recently bought a new Eagle 5th Wheel. The dealer was about an hour and 1/2 from our house. The Closest Dealer would not guarantee us 2021 pricing on our order and their service department is horrible. The next closest had zero inventory for us to go see so thus we purchased from the further dealer.



I called the 2nd dealer today for a service issue on our water heater, it will not turn on at all, gas or electric. He asked If I bought it there and I explained no you had no inventory when we purchased it. He advised they could not work on mine because they were booked on rvs they had sold and maybe could squeeze me in in about 3 months. Does this seem right? Has anyone else had this experience?
__________________

Michael Duncan



2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
2022 F350 CC SB 6.7 Power Stroke
H20mike6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 03:10 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Topperace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: On The Move
Posts: 1,014
Yes, and we hear the same as we drive around the US, I have even called JAYCO and they just sent me a link that shows all the JAYCO approved dealer/service centers around the US...so sometimes can get them to allow a certified Mobile RV
tech to do warranty work, but they don't cover the labor cost, just the parts/repair materials... lot of RV sold, and manufacturing was not "optimal" or quality across the board.... most service centers are flooded with warranty work on latest models....
__________________
S&T
2019 Entegra Insignia 37MB
2022 JEEP Wrangler 4xe (chase and touring vehicle)
(2019 NP 383FKWS)
(2019 RAM 3500 DRW Big Horn)
Topperace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 03:26 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Southwest Florida, 250 due N of Havana
Posts: 1,126
That's the norm, and it stinks. ... been that way for decades.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 03:41 PM   #4
CAG
Senior Member
 
CAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 3,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20mike6 View Post
We recently bought a new Eagle 5th Wheel. The dealer was about an hour and 1/2 from our house. The Closest Dealer would not guarantee us 2021 pricing on our order and their service department is horrible. The next closest had zero inventory for us to go see so thus we purchased from the further dealer.



I called the 2nd dealer today for a service issue on our water heater, it will not turn on at all, gas or electric. He asked If I bought it there and I explained no you had no inventory when we purchased it. He advised they could not work on mine because they were booked on rvs they had sold and maybe could squeeze me in in about 3 months. Does this seem right? Has anyone else had this experience?

That is a normal response and nothing new. Few RV Dealers will work on units not sold by them unless they have an opening. They have too many units sold by them that need service and give that service to their customers. Actually, I think that is only fair if I bought there. I would not want to wait while they fix rigs from some other dealer.



Call or email Jayco and see if you can get authorization for have a local shop do the work. Many times they will do that but you need to pay and then receive a check from Jayco.



The other thing to keep in mind is that most everything in your rig has a warranty that is not supplied by Jayco. Calling Lippert for a repair on their product will probably get you a local shop that can repair under warranty.
__________________
2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MVP
2019 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
2011 Cyclone 3010 Toy Hauler- Sold
2014 Chevy Silverado Duramax LML -Sold
CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 04:40 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
RogerR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Mapleton
Posts: 3,750
Call the manufacturer of your water heater. Ask if they could give you a self troubleshoot list. Call back for assistance, remember, they got paid for it and you have a warranty. Ask after the stuff you can do it they will pay for warranty via a mobile mechanic of a non-Jayco servicer. After all, it is the furnace and not the Jayco that would be worked on.

Don't know what brand or model you have but if you post it you might get some trouble shooting advice from owners of that specific model.

Also, look up some youtubes for how to fix a water heater with your model in the query.
__________________
2017 SLX 195RB
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit L 5.7L V8
Andersen WDH hitch, Renogy 100 AH Lithium &
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 06:16 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Spring
Posts: 928
The RV dealers are not like car dealers like GM, if you buy a GM vehicle, you can take it to any GM dealer for service/warranty work. The RV dealers have so many problems with the manufacturers product that they have too much work just with the units they sell.
__________________
2016 Starcraft AR One 18QB
2016 Colorado LT 3.6L V6 Ext. Cab
16WhiteColly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 07:16 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Where ever the boss says we're going.
Posts: 13,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16WhiteColly View Post
The RV dealers are not like car dealers like GM, if you buy a GM vehicle, you can take it to any GM dealer for service/warranty work. The RV dealers have so many problems with the manufacturers product that they have too much work just with the units they sell.
It's not only warranty work, there are still many RV owners who will do nothing on their own, they go back to the dealer for everything including winterizing.
__________________
DISNEY LOVERS
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 11:20 AM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Roseville
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
That is a normal response and nothing new. Few RV Dealers will work on units not sold by them unless they have an opening. They have too many units sold by them that need service and give that service to their customers. Actually, I think that is only fair if I bought there. I would not want to wait while they fix rigs from some other dealer.



Call or email Jayco and see if you can get authorization for have a local shop do the work. Many times they will do that but you need to pay and then receive a check from Jayco.



The other thing to keep in mind is that most everything in your rig has a warranty that is not supplied by Jayco. Calling Lippert for a repair on their product will probably get you a local shop that can repair under warranty.

Thanks, Jayco was zero help, I will grab my model number and give Dometic a call.
__________________

Michael Duncan



2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
2022 F350 CC SB 6.7 Power Stroke
H20mike6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 11:23 AM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Roseville
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
Call the manufacturer of your water heater. Ask if they could give you a self troubleshoot list. Call back for assistance, remember, they got paid for it and you have a warranty. Ask after the stuff you can do it they will pay for warranty via a mobile mechanic of a non-Jayco servicer. After all, it is the furnace and not the Jayco that would be worked on.

Don't know what brand or model you have but if you post it you might get some trouble shooting advice from owners of that specific model.

Also, look up some youtubes for how to fix a water heater with your model in the query.
I did check youtube and I'm guessing its either the motherboard or the thermal couple based on what I've seen, the problem is I have one additional piece in the mix that I haven't seen yet and thats the Jaycommand part. I am not sure how to check that its even working with the water heater at all.
__________________

Michael Duncan



2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
2022 F350 CC SB 6.7 Power Stroke
H20mike6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.