Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-15-2019, 11:41 AM   #1

Service issue

Houston area specifically south, what options are available for Jayco warranty service work?
Kdeubner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:58 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdeubner View Post
Houston area specifically south, what options are available for Jayco warranty service work?
You would have to contact the area JAYCO dealers or contact JAYCO about who they use (non dealers). Everything is on a case by case basis.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 07:52 AM   #3

I contacted Jayco direct and waiting on return info. Asked my dealer and did not get anything either. Not sure the incentive the dealer would have to send me elsewhere for service. Money out of there pocket. I’m not happy with service after the sale. Took almost 2 months to get trailer in, now it’s been sitting for 3 weeks. All for stuff that should have been found on make ready.
Kdeubner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 08:24 AM   #4

Quote:
I’m not happy with service after the sale. Took almost 2 months to get trailer in, now it’s been sitting for 3 weeks. All for stuff that should have been found on make ready.
That has been a common complaint. Dealers are swamped servicing all their various brands, both warranty work and after warranty.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 09:11 AM   #5

I believe there is only one Jayco dealer in the Houston area (Big Star RV) and they have 2 stores, one on I45 North and another on I45 South. I’ve not done any business with them or had any service done by them so I have no other guidance. If they are unwilling/unable to provide warranty service to you hopefully Jayco will authorize another shop to help you out.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:30 PM   #6

There’s a new Jayco dealer, Ron Hoover, in Rockport and Corpus Christi
bearkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:42 PM   #7

Check Out Lone Star RV We Bought Ours There And Have Had Great Luck With Service.

We Used The North Houston Location But They Also Have A South Location.

Like I Said We have Had Good Luck with Them.
Blue Ox Sway Pro
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
TxTwoSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 04:32 PM   #8

I purchased my Jayco at Lone Star RV's south location and have been happy with the service department the one time I had it in there.

2016 Jayco 28RBDS
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 Cummins 4x4
DandE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 09:01 PM   #9

why do we as consumers have to wait to have something repaired that we just bought??? I waited a few months to have several things looked at on my camper. Some were fixed beyond my expectations, still dealing with trailer brake issues, as in look at the brake controller and it says NC.. as in not connected!!!!! I guess i'll start to go to the local trade tech school so I can be a competent RV repair guy.... Hey honey hold this beer while I watch a youtube video and then I'll get around to fixing it.. Seriously, we should not have wait for things to get fixed while we are making payments to a RV, whether its an inexpensive trailer or a class A to get **** fixed.
Tree Catcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:40 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree Catcher View Post
why do we as consumers have to wait to have something repaired that we just bought??? I waited a few months to have several things looked at on my camper. Some were fixed beyond my expectations, still dealing with trailer brake issues, as in look at the brake controller and it says NC.. as in not connected!!!!! I guess i'll start to go to the local trade tech school so I can be a competent RV repair guy.... Hey honey hold this beer while I watch a youtube video and then I'll get around to fixing it.. Seriously, we should not have wait for things to get fixed while we are making payments to a RV, whether its an inexpensive trailer or a class A to get **** fixed.
Agree and remember every month it sits at the dealer, that's one month eating into your warranty!!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:51 AM   #11

Quote:
I contacted Jayco direct and waiting on return info. Asked my dealer and did not get anything either. Not sure the incentive the dealer would have to send me elsewhere for service. Money out of there pocket. I’m not happy with service after the sale. Took almost 2 months to get trailer in, now it’s been sitting for 3 weeks. All for stuff that should have been found on make ready.
They would send it elsewhere because they have work that would be more profitable for them to do. I don't know the details but my understanding is the dealers don't get reimbursed as much for warranty work versus jobs they do outside of warranty repairs. Maybe someone with more knowledge of the set-up can comment with greater details.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 08:13 AM   #12

I believe Jayco/Thor has gone to “book time” for most of the warranty labor. My dealer says he sometimes can get more labor but it’s a fight. He says they just don’t give them enough time to fix things right. This goes right back to my belief that some of the blame falls back on us. How hard have we beat down the price and had dealers compete against each other based on price only. Way more attention should be placed on selecting the dealer rather than base the decision on price only. If a dealer had more profit in the deal he might be more likely to put more time into it. Bought my first RV in 82 and have been buying from this same dealer ever since. I made the choice back in 82 not based on price. Just my two cents!
bearkeller is offline   Reply With Quote