Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #1

Sewer Hose Suggestions

We are looking to upgrade our sewer hose. Any suggestions for brand and make/model to purchase? We tend to camp in areas where we need a decent amount of hose length. Thanks in advance.

Number of Nights Camping - 2013 26RKS
2014 - 18, 2013 - 11, 2012 - 11
Number of Nights Camping - 2012 17Z
2012 - 10, 2011 - 13

Countless nights as kids and young adults in a pop-up, hardside TT and several tents!
campingdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:06 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Rhino Brand seems to be a good product. We have one and are very satisfied with it.
Look on Amazon.com you'll see plenty of options.
Check with Tweetys.com, they sponsor our Forum

Best regards,
Doug

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:18 PM   #3

Rhino seem's to be the best out there, had ours for 2 years and really like the fittings.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #4

I have been using the Sewer Solution (water propelled macerator) for the past couple years and like it a lot. Look for the video on the operation. I have pumped 30 feet with it and supposedly it can go much farther than that. Tweety's also sells it.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:06 AM   #5

I have a Dominator hose it is 15' and I bought a 10' extension hose to dump at home as it is 24' from my dump valve.

66 nights in 2016
61 nights in 2015
Derek700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:06 AM   #6

X3 on the RhinoFlex.....

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthrea...ight=rhinoflex
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:11 AM   #7

http://www.sewersolution.com/howto.htm

Not that anyone asked...

That Sewer "Solution" seems like a real waste of potable water for doing what mean old mister gravity will do for nothing. Venturi type pumps are very inefficient when it comes to water usage.

There is real environmental overhead for every gallon of potable water which we use. There is the energy to pump the water to the treatment facility. There is energy needed to pump the water around during treatment. There is energy and raw materials used to make and add the chemicals used during treatment. Then there is the energy needed to pump the water up to pressure to distribute it in the water system for your use. In this case it gets even worse. The "Solution" is dumping extra perfectly clean water into the system which then needs to be treated as wastewater. Treating wastewater to discharge into the waterways has all the energy consumption I mentioned earlier for treating potable water.

I'm not a green nut, but I do try to minimize my wasting of our resources.

As to it being able to flush out a black water tank better... How clean does it need to be? It's always used to hold the same old sh*t. It's not like you are going to eat out of it.

Sorry to go on. vic
Old 05-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicS1950 View Post

Not that anyone asked...

That Sewer "Solution" seems like a real waste of potable water for doing what mean old mister gravity will do for nothing. Venturi type pumps are very inefficient when it comes to water usage.

There is real environmental overhead for every gallon of potable water which we use. There is the energy to pump the water to the treatment facility. There is energy needed to pump the water around during treatment. There is energy and raw materials used to make and add the chemicals used during treatment. Then there is the energy needed to pump the water up to pressure to distribute it in the water system for your use. In this case it gets even worse. The "Solution" is dumping extra perfectly clean water into the system which then needs to be treated as wastewater. Treating wastewater to discharge into the waterways has all the energy consumption I mentioned earlier for treating potable water.

As to it being able to flush out a black water tank better... How clean does it need to be? It's always used to hold the same old sh*t. It's not like you are going to eat out of it.

Sorry to go on. vic
That's what I love about America...we can all have a different opinion and that's o.k.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #9

Quote:

Not that anyone asked...

Sorry to go on. vic
Interesting analysis. My local water company brags about it only costing .01/gallon to deliver water to my tap. As per your analysis I would have thought it would have been much more expensive. BTW I do have a sewer solution but I haven't used it in several years since I moved from where my sewer drain was just a tap into the cleanout trap at the S&B.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrumfield View Post
... My local water company brags about it only costing .01/gallon to deliver water to my tap. As per your analysis I would have thought it would have been much more expensive. ...
Gallons (cubic feet) of water all add up.

My point was the overall impact, not just the money. Does their cost analysis include the sewer charges which are included in most every water bill? The billing theory is that what comes in must go out through the sewer system and needs treatment. I wonder how the campground feels about supplying extra water and more sewer charges for their dump station use?

Another observation is that many of us camp in areas where drought is a real problem. We use their local resources and drive away so I guess it's not our problem then? Cost isn't always the only factor.

The purpose of posting my use analysis on the "Solution" was to provide information to those who may have a concern. As was mentioned above, anyone can do whatever they want in the good old U.S. of A.

vic
Old 05-11-2013, 09:58 AM   #11

I can understand water concerns if you live in an arid area. Most of the small campgrounds I frequent and at my house I use a septic system. Effluent goes to a tank.solids settle out and water is slowly leached into the ground. I flush, two weeks later folks in the neighboring towns a pumping it out of the lakes and drinking it.
I have Rhino hose, only problem is hose does not fit in the bumper.
Pitch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Gallons (cubic feet) of water all add up.

My point was the overall impact, not just the money. Does their cost analysis include the sewer charges which are included in most every water bill? The billing theory is that what comes in must go out through the sewer system and needs treatment. I wonder how the campground feels about supplying extra water and more sewer charges for their dump station use?

Another observation is that many of us camp in areas where drought is a real problem. We use their local resources and drive away so I guess it's not our problem then? Cost isn't always the only factor.

The purpose of posting my use analysis on the "Solution" was to provide information to those who may have a concern. As was mentioned above, anyone can do whatever they want in the good old U.S. of A.

vic
No sewer charges. Have a septic system.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:25 PM   #13

Re: Sewer Hose Suggestions

+1 more for Rhino. I also have the super slinky that came with the TT as a backup/extension but have not needed to use it yet.
Power247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #14
Site Team

Ditto on the Rhino. They collapse to a manageable size and can be extended easily. I carry a 15' and a 5'. They are easy to find too, most Walmarts carry them.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:41 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch1 View Post
I have Rhino hose, only problem is hose does not fit in the bumper.
I don't have Rhino Hose, but have considered buying it. One of it's advertising points is that it does fit into a standard 4" bumper. What part of it does not fit yours? Is it too long, or do the fittings not fit? Or something else?
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVhiker View Post
I don't have Rhino Hose, but have considered buying it. One of it's advertising points is that it does fit into a standard 4" bumper. What part of it does not fit yours? Is it too long, or do the fittings not fit? Or something else?
I beleive this is something that has been corrected with later offerings. Earlier offerings can be "corrected" through shaving down the connector. I purchased mine last season and it fits the 4" bumper perfect....(except for the sewer adapter). I simply cut my adapter down to fit so I could keep everything together in the bumper......(see following link)

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthrea...ight=rhinoflex
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #17

X3 on the Rhino. Fits in my bumper just fine. To the OP the Rhinos are "stiffer". You have to "pull" them out to length or anywhere in between. If you be using a hose support don't get the "slinky" kind. They won't stay in the support properly. They sag between the gaps in the support and are just a pain in the rear. This is where the Rhino style excels. No sagging.

2010 Jayflight 29RLS
2006 Ford F-250 Superduty 6.0 diesel
Equalizer hitch

Recondite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #18

Thanks everyone for your advice. Good to know Recondite about the supports and slinky type. Husband is taking a look now at the Rhino options.

Number of Nights Camping - 2013 26RKS
2014 - 18, 2013 - 11, 2012 - 11
Number of Nights Camping - 2012 17Z
2012 - 10, 2011 - 13

Countless nights as kids and young adults in a pop-up, hardside TT and several tents!
campingdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #19

I just bought a 15ft "Viper" hose kit with 10ft extension. Haven't used it yet, but it looks very sturdy. I'm not sure it will fit into a 4 inch bumper, but my Jay Feather doesn't have a storage bumper anyway. I mounted a 5 inch PVC fence post to my rear bumper, and it fits nicely into that.
WoodLark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #20

We picked up our 184BH from the dealer yesterday (so excited!) and went with the Rhino hose because of this thread. The dealer didn't push it because of the cost over the standard pipe but when I asked he agreed it was a good upgrade.
oobedoob is offline   Reply With Quote