Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-10-2016, 06:44 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Milford
Posts: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxRed View Post
That's a beauty, we ordered the same one! We got the leveling system also, hope it works. Are you level when towing with a 350? Did you drop the axles to the lower hole? Thanks
Towing with F-350. Pretty close to level, close enough I wouldn't modify anything to make it better. Sits a touch noise high, but I've got good clearance over the rails. Yes, springs are in the lowest hole and I upgraded to the 16" wheels.

Leveling system is good so far. If you have an Android Phone or Tablet, Lippert has an App called "My LCI" that has the user manual and guides. I learned a few things that the PDI guy apparently didn't know. I think I'll be happy with it. My only complaint so far is how far down those back jacks hang. They sure look susceptible to damage.
__________________

__________________
2016 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHDS (ordered 12/30/15, delivered 3/8/16)
2015 F-350 crew cab, short bed, 6.7L PSD, Pullrite Superglide 3300 hitch
Cdash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:11 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Aero_Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Boston
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdash View Post
Towing with F-350. Pretty close to level, close enough I wouldn't modify anything to make it better. Sits a touch noise high, but I've got good clearance over the rails. Yes, springs are in the lowest hole and I upgraded to the 16" wheels.
OK, now I'm really confused. I've read Many 3/4 ton truck owners having issues getting the HT's level. How can you be that close with a F-350? Can you tell me how high is your bed from the ground and what is your Hitch-Height as well? I'm getting ready (in 2-weeks) to go 900 miles to get mine and I'm worried about being level with my TV.

Thanks,
Dave...
__________________

__________________
2013 Ram 2500, 6.7 CTD, CCLB 4x4 in True Blue.
B&W Turnover Ball, Andersen Ultimate Hitch (v2)

2016 Eagle HT 29.5 BHDS Picked-up 4/1/16
2007 Rockwood ROO 21SS - SOLD
Aero_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:42 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Milford
Posts: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero_Dave View Post
OK, now I'm really confused. I've read Many 3/4 ton truck owners having issues getting the HT's level. How can you be that close with a F-350? Can you tell me how high is your bed from the ground and what is your Hitch-Height as well? I'm getting ready (in 2-weeks) to go 900 miles to get mine and I'm worried about being level with my TV.

Thanks,
Dave...

I'll measure this afternoon/tonight. I'd ask them to make sure that the suspension components are all in the lowest hole on the hangers before you get there. Mine were not upon delivery. But we did our PDI a few days before pickup and put a list of things together for them to address.

You really have your delivery scheduled for April Fools day??? I'd be on your toes!
__________________
2016 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHDS (ordered 12/30/15, delivered 3/8/16)
2015 F-350 crew cab, short bed, 6.7L PSD, Pullrite Superglide 3300 hitch
Cdash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:51 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Aero_Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Boston
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdash View Post
I'll measure this afternoon/tonight. I'd ask them to make sure that the suspension components are all in the lowest hole on the hangers before you get there. Mine were not upon delivery. But we did our PDI a few days before pickup and put a list of things together for them to address.

You really have your delivery scheduled for April Fools day??? I'd be on your toes!
Yep, I've already had this conversation with the dealer. I will be sending them my Exact measurements of the bed & hitch height so they can try to get the 5ver setup correctly, Before we get there. Yeah, April's Fools day seems like a good day for a PDI, right

Dave...
__________________
2013 Ram 2500, 6.7 CTD, CCLB 4x4 in True Blue.
B&W Turnover Ball, Andersen Ultimate Hitch (v2)

2016 Eagle HT 29.5 BHDS Picked-up 4/1/16
2007 Rockwood ROO 21SS - SOLD
Aero_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 10:50 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
tularockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Queen Creek
Posts: 347
From what I've seen (eyeballing) there is a height difference between a 3/4 ton single axle and a 1-ton dually axle. It seems that the overall height of the one ton is lower. But, doing an actual measuring would reveal the real truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero_Dave View Post
Yep, I've already had this conversation with the dealer. I will be sending them my Exact measurements of the bed & hitch height so they can try to get the 5ver setup correctly, Before we get there. Yeah, April's Fools day seems like a good day for a PDI, right

Dave...
__________________
U.S. Air Force (1979 to 1994)
2016 Jayco 29.5BHDS
2015 Ram 2500 (6.7L Cummins Diesel)
Queen Creek, Arizona
tularockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 10:51 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
tularockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Queen Creek
Posts: 347
Very nice Rig! Congratulations! It's nice to see another 29.5 on JOF!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdash View Post
Went today and picked it up. Process was painless, with less up sell than I expected. Mentioned the extended warranty, but no push whatsoever to buy it. Almost everything was done before we got there except a couple small things that were quickly taken care of.

Now it's time to start reading the manual to figure out how it works. It's a lot different than the last one!
__________________
U.S. Air Force (1979 to 1994)
2016 Jayco 29.5BHDS
2015 Ram 2500 (6.7L Cummins Diesel)
Queen Creek, Arizona
tularockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 11:42 AM   #17
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Canton
Posts: 37
Cdash we went with the 16" upgrade too. Ours is in but we wont be picking her up until April, the rear jacks were covered in mud from the ride out here from factory either that or the store them in mud at Jayco. I'm going to keep an eye on them, for wear and damage. I'm going to have them drop to the lower hole before pick up.
FoxRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 01:09 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Milford
Posts: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by tularockstar View Post
From what I've seen (eyeballing) there is a height difference between a 3/4 ton single axle and a 1-ton dually axle. It seems that the overall height of the one ton is lower. But, doing an actual measuring would reveal the real truth.
Who said I had a dually???

I know most that have 350's have dually's, but mine is a single rear wheel, shortbox crew cab, 4x4.
__________________
2016 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHDS (ordered 12/30/15, delivered 3/8/16)
2015 F-350 crew cab, short bed, 6.7L PSD, Pullrite Superglide 3300 hitch
Cdash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 01:10 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Milford
Posts: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxRed View Post
Cdash we went with the 16" upgrade too. Ours is in but we wont be picking her up until April, the rear jacks were covered in mud from the ride out here from factory either that or the store them in mud at Jayco. I'm going to keep an eye on them, for wear and damage. I'm going to have them drop to the lower hole before pick up.
Most of their lots, outside of the concrete pad at the doorway are indeed dirt.
__________________
2016 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHDS (ordered 12/30/15, delivered 3/8/16)
2015 F-350 crew cab, short bed, 6.7L PSD, Pullrite Superglide 3300 hitch
Cdash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 02:15 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Milford
Posts: 629
Ok - here goes - measurements taken with no tailgate, fifth wheel box with miscellaneous stuff in it (not heavy), back rack, pullrite hitch installed and tires inflated.

Bed rail height at rear of bed 56.75"
Bed rail at center of axle 56.25"
Top of hitch plate 52.5"
__________________

__________________
2016 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHDS (ordered 12/30/15, delivered 3/8/16)
2015 F-350 crew cab, short bed, 6.7L PSD, Pullrite Superglide 3300 hitch
Cdash is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.