Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-08-2016, 06:25 PM   #1

She's home!

Went today and picked it up. Process was painless, with less up sell than I expected. Mentioned the extended warranty, but no push whatsoever to buy it. Almost everything was done before we got there except a couple small things that were quickly taken care of.

Now it's time to start reading the manual to figure out how it works. It's a lot different than the last one!
Attached Thumbnails
20160308_181655.jpg  

Old 03-08-2016, 07:16 PM   #2

Congrats on the new memory maker. That's one big awning.

Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 07:20 PM   #3

Nice looking trailer with a good layout. Congrats.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 09:38 AM   #4

Congrats on the new camper we just picked ours up last Friday. I am a little jealous of the auto leveling I didn't get that on mine.
2003 Silverado 1500hd, 6.0, 4x4
Camping_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 11:43 AM   #5

I'm still reading up on that one (Automatic Leveling). They showed us how to use it, but I wanted a bit more, so downloaded the LCI App and reading the manual. The certainly did not show me all the features. I learn better by doing it this way anyway.

The other thing I'll comment on is the Moreryde Pin box. Coming home took me across a few concrete stretches of highway that on my previous rig had me chucking away, to the point of being uncomfortable. With the Moreryde pin box, there was no more chucking, it was only the vertical bounce from the road and a much more comfortable ride!!

Also trying to figure out what to upgrade the vents to - Fantastic fans, or something else

And Batteries. I could fit 2 6 volts in the battery area if I didn't need them in a box. The T-105's would just barely fit by themselves. So not sure if I'll move them, or figure out something different. Too bad they don't make giant sized, commercial grade ziploc bags with vent hoses for batteries.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:54 AM   #6

I was contemplating on the Moreryde pin box, I went with the reese revolution so I didn't have to get a slider hitch, (I already had a hitch from previous FW) After pulling the camper home I have to make a pretty sharp turn to get turned around in my yard and I could have gotten away without the Reese pin box but it was to close for comfort so I am glad I got the revolution.

I agree with the batteries I would like to upgrade to 2 6 volts as well. I know you plan on doing a full solar hookup, looking forward to see how that turns out. All of the trips we have planned this year have electric on site so I should be good for at least this year with what I have.
Old 03-09-2016, 12:43 PM   #7

I already had the Pullrite from our previous 5th wheel. Pullrite makes a special capture plate that bolts right onto the Moreryde pin box (much easier installation over the previous one) and installed pretty easy. I had no reason to change hitches. I looked at the revolution, but couldn't justify getting it and having to get a new hitch when mine was just fine.

We usually get ourselves into jams where the auto slider has been worth it's weight in gold.

I may try to price out 2 6V AGM's to see if I can stick with the stock battery location. We'll see.

We typically have a 2 week summer trip, that usually is in a National Park, so no electricity. We have a generator, however solar working while we are not at the site would be so much more convenient!!

I still need to get up on the roof. I want to take the roof mounted solar connector apart and see if the installed wiring through the wall is loose. If so, I think i'll lean towards 12 volt panels with PWM controller and just use the factory wire to pull the larger wire up through the walls to the roof top connector. But I also want to do some measuring to figure out what wattage I ultimately could install. I want to make sure that I can expand up to around 600 watts in case I go bigger.
Old 03-09-2016, 01:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdash View Post
I already had the Pullrite from our previous 5th wheel. Pullrite makes a special capture plate that bolts right onto the Moreryde pin box (much easier installation over the previous one) and installed pretty easy. I had no reason to change hitches. I looked at the revolution, but couldn't justify getting it and having to get a new hitch when mine was just fine.

We usually get ourselves into jams where the auto slider has been worth it's weight in gold.

I may try to price out 2 6V AGM's to see if I can stick with the stock battery location. We'll see.

We typically have a 2 week summer trip, that usually is in a National Park, so no electricity. We have a generator, however solar working while we are not at the site would be so much more convenient!!

I still need to get up on the roof. I want to take the roof mounted solar connector apart and see if the installed wiring through the wall is loose. If so, I think i'll lean towards 12 volt panels with PWM controller and just use the factory wire to pull the larger wire up through the walls to the roof top connector. But I also want to do some measuring to figure out what wattage I ultimately could install. I want to make sure that I can expand up to around 600 watts in case I go bigger.
Very nice will look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Old 03-09-2016, 01:54 PM   #9

Congratulations. Shes a beauty.
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
8'x12' BMCM Stake Bed, Cabin Chassis, 2WD
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 05:40 PM   #10

That's a beauty, we ordered the same one! We got the leveling system also, hope it works. Are you level when towing with a 350? Did you drop the axles to the lower hole? Thanks

FoxRed is offline   Reply With Quote