Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-15-2016, 09:22 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: winnipeg
Posts: 255
That really sucks! Very different experience here. Yesterday I was in putting on new drop hitch for my WDH and I used hours of there time. Couple different techs helped do some things, some warranty work, some just helping me out. When I went to go to the scales I realized I didn't have my battery. Without asking one of the guys ran in to get me one. My only complaint is that we didn't have a case of beer or a bottle! Otherwise I would have stayed all day and hung out.
__________________

__________________
2015 29QBS
2015 Sierra 2500 6.0l
2009 Silverado (gone and missed!)
canadiankid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 09:30 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: MD
Posts: 3,091
Shocked at my RV dealer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiankid View Post
That really sucks! Very different experience here. Yesterday I was in putting on new drop hitch for my WDH and I used hours of there time. Couple different techs helped do some things, some warranty work, some just helping me out. When I went to go to the scales I realized I didn't have my battery. Without asking one of the guys ran in to get me one. My only complaint is that we didn't have a case of beer or a bottle! Otherwise I would have stayed all day and hung out.


Couple of hours on hitch work at the dealer? Glad my Blue Ox is so easy I don't need more than 15 minutes with no help to adjust its height. When I upgraded my trucks receiver I dropped the height of my shank setup in minutes...

At least they helped which is great but that's a lot of time lol.....
__________________

__________________
2017 JayFlight 28BHBE
2014 JayFlight Swift 264BH (Sold)
2007 GMC 2500 Sierra Classic Crew Cab LBZ Duramax / 6spd Allison
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 09:39 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: winnipeg
Posts: 255
Not all that time was on the hitch! Although it did take a bit cause we where fine tuning height and set it up and took it off twice. Then had to lengthen the chains. It's a blue ox too, super easy I agree. The only reason I did that there is because I store my trailer at the dealership for the winter. We also changed out the hydrolic lift for the master bed. Changed out the outdoor kitchen fridge and removed a faucet so I can have replacements ready for the first trip.
__________________
2015 29QBS
2015 Sierra 2500 6.0l
2009 Silverado (gone and missed!)
canadiankid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 09:55 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: MD
Posts: 3,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiankid View Post
Not all that time was on the hitch! Although it did take a bit cause we where fine tuning height and set it up and took it off twice. Then had to lengthen the chains. It's a blue ox too, super easy I agree. The only reason I did that there is because I store my trailer at the dealership for the winter. We also changed out the hydrolic lift for the master bed. Changed out the outdoor kitchen fridge and removed a faucet so I can have replacements ready for the first trip.


__________________
2017 JayFlight 28BHBE
2014 JayFlight Swift 264BH (Sold)
2007 GMC 2500 Sierra Classic Crew Cab LBZ Duramax / 6spd Allison
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 09:24 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
StevL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 125
Yep, I thought this was crazy too!

I'm very handy with tools, worked with my hands my entire life, other than warranty work looks like I'll be taking care of her.

We did get an excellent price IMO, based on all the 30 to 35% off MSRP we did very well.

But, being our first RV ever I really wanted to buy from a large chain. IMO I figured being a complete newbie to the RV world it's nice to have dealers all over the country.

I can't even imagine taking our new home into this dealer and it not be purchased from their chain..... that service could be really crazy and wait forever. The good news is they are 10 minutes away.

Live and learn, thx for the comments.

Steve
StevL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 11:04 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Elizabethtown, PA
Posts: 1,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevL View Post
No names here, this is a large chain store.
Steve
You should say the name of that dealership (AKA Stealership) So others can avoid them. Yes labor rates are high but things like that are just way overcharged.
__________________
2004 Jay Feather 25E
2001 Ford Expedition 4X4 EB 5.4 3.55 rear
2004 Ford Expedition 4X4 EB 5.4 3.73 rear
bedrck46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 12:58 PM   #17
Site Team
 
Crabman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia`s Eastern Shore
Posts: 14,655
66 bucks to check tire pressure and add if needed? I need to open up an air station.
__________________
2017 Coachmen Catalina 283RKS
2004 Chevy 2500 HD CC 6.0l
2010 Jayflight 28BHS (sold)
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 01:01 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Edd505's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Elephant Butte, NM
Posts: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
66 bucks to check tire pressure and add if needed? I need to open up an air station.
Have compressor will travel
__________________
2017 Durango G353KRT 2006 F350SD 6.0 LB Crew
2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 LB Extended Cab Air Bags
2014 Eagle 30.5BHLT (sold)
2007 Layton 245LF (sold)

Learn from others mistakes, you'll never live long enough to make them all yourself. Eleanor Roosevelt
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 01:24 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
StevL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 125
Honestly my wife and I discussed opening a RV store and repair facility.

Not selling RVs, service and accessories only, the local RV center here obviously doesn't excel at either. I have been in customer service and repairs for years, I have a pretty good idea of how the public likes to be treated.

Steve
StevL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 01:34 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: winnipeg
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevL View Post
Honestly my wife and I discussed opening a RV store and repair facility.

Not selling RVs, service and accessories only, the local RV center here obviously doesn't excel at either. I have been in customer service and repairs for years, I have a pretty good idea of how the public likes to be treated.

Steve
I would love to visit such a store! Aftermarket items, not necessarily "made for RV's".
__________________

__________________
2015 29QBS
2015 Sierra 2500 6.0l
2009 Silverado (gone and missed!)
canadiankid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.