Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #11

Travis

Looks like you have a WFCO Converter like me. It is curious that you can remove the the "reverse polarity" fuse and the converter fan will run a short time. My converter fan cycles when I restore power to it. The Owners manual notes that my WFCO converter has "Electronic Current Limiting" feature that "automatically shuts down the converter upon a power overload or short-circuit condition"....then "automatically returns to normal operation after conditions are corrected".

Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:28 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threebutchers View Post
Travis

Looks like you have a WFCO Converter like me. It is curious that you can remove the the "reverse polarity" fuse and the converter fan will run a short time. My converter fan cycles when I restore power to it. The Owners manual notes that my WFCO converter has "Electronic Current Limiting" feature that "automatically shuts down the converter upon a power overload or short-circuit condition"....then "automatically returns to normal operation after conditions are corrected".
Yep, I have a WFCO. The fan cycles after I remove the fuse then reinstall so it seems its able to "reset" itself? Maybe fine just shut down and wasn't able to automatically return, maybe the breaker itself is bad? I'm looking into WFCO's warranty since its a 2 year parts and labor warranty and I don't think it says anything about voiding it after the 1st buyer.

Flickr pictures

2012 Jayco Swift SLX 154BH

2008 F350 King Ranch - A few fun things, Newton 2-1/2" leveling kit, HID headlights and fogs, 325/60 Hankook Dynapro ATM2's on stock 20" wheels, Firestone ride rite air bags, Air Lift wireless air controller, B&W gooseneck
Build Thread

2005 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon - with some stuff
Build thread
bigt2317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #13

I'm taking it in to a local dealer I know tomorrow morning to try to get WFCO to warranty it. They will confirm the issue and file a claim with WFCO, no where in WFCO warranty writing does it say first time owners only so hopefully this shouldn't be an issue. I'll post an update with the outcome

Thanks for everyone's help

Travis

Flickr pictures

2008 F350 King Ranch - A few fun things, Newton 2-1/2" leveling kit, HID headlights and fogs, 325/60 Hankook Dynapro ATM2's on stock 20" wheels, Firestone ride rite air bags, Air Lift wireless air controller, B&W gooseneck
Build Thread

Build thread
Old 07-25-2013, 08:43 AM   #14

Well, it turns out the converter is bad. WFCO's warranty paperwork that came with the trailer doesn't mention anything about only applying to the first owner but after looking the wording up on their site it does say "original owner". That was kinda misleading since I believe it should be on all paperwork if that's their policy. With having a young soon and a long honeydo list I opted to have the dealer replace it for me. Now at least I have a warranty on the new converter and a labor warranty if they mess up installing it. I would have liked to tackle it myself and put the new one in but too many other things took precedent.

We are suppose to be getting it back tomorrow so hopefully it all works!

Flickr pictures

Build Thread

Build thread
Old 08-03-2013, 12:38 PM   #15

Update, I picked it up from the dealer and everything works fine now. I assume that I overloaded the circuit when trying to power up the large a/c from a sketchy shower power source. Lesson learned and I went ahead and picked up a Honda EU3000is generator as backup so I should be good to go now. Thanks for everyone's help on this!!

Flickr pictures

Build Thread

Build thread
Old 08-03-2013, 01:24 PM   #16

Thanks for the update! Everybody learns when we get the happy ending....

Happy Camping / Wheelin'

Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote