Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-26-2018, 01:24 PM   #1

Sirus Radio and options

Okay so i have the IRv32 head unit and want to see what I can do to add Sirus Radio to this. I already pay for it I'm my cars and can do the same for a small fee for another unit, but not sure what or how to install. Has anyone done this? Ive search this in here and haven't found anything. All ideas welcomed. Thanks
soonerfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 02:26 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerfan1 View Post
Okay so i have the IRv32 head unit and want to see what I can do to add Sirus Radio to this. I already pay for it I'm my cars and can do the same for a small fee for another unit, but not sure what or how to install. Has anyone done this? Ive search this in here and haven't found anything. All ideas welcomed. Thanks
Not a head unit replacement, but we currently use the blue tooth on the existing Furrion head unit to stream XM/Sirius via an app on our phones. Of course that requires cell signal, but its a quick and easy solution until I decide what unit I want to purchase to replace the Furrion.
2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4, 7.3 PSTD, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (1503)
topshelfredlabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 03:10 PM   #3

I bought this radio kit and five vehicle kits and take the radio to my cars,boat, camper, tractor,etc. And only pay one monthly fee. The radio will brodcast to you existing unit on a channel of your choice or you can hook it up with a 3.5 aux cable if your radio has one.
https://www.amazon.com/SiriusXM-SSV7.../dp/B00DESFE6A
Been doing this for 10 years.
hyperactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 05:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperactive View Post
I bought this radio kit and five vehicle kits and take the radio to my cars,boat, camper, tractor,etc. And only pay one monthly fee. The radio will brodcast to you existing unit on a channel of your choice or you can hook it up with a 3.5 aux cable if your radio has one.
https://www.amazon.com/SiriusXM-SSV7.../dp/B00DESFE6A
Been doing this for 10 years.
So what is your annual cost for their service with this rig?
Old 06-26-2018, 06:02 PM   #5

I pay by the monthb
$11-12 dollars. Could possibly get a better deal if you pay by the year. I look at it this way, why pay for a subscription for every vehicle if you can only be in on at a time.
hyperactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 06:32 PM   #6

SiriusXM offers several options for add on to your head unit. My GF’S radio quit accepting xm radio, they gave her the aftermarket unit that links with an unused channel. If they want your money they can provide the unit that works for you.

Now regarding $$/month. I never allow them to have my CC on file. I call every 6 months and haggle over the cost. I remind them about the options to XM Radio, that are either free or significantly cheaper. I’ve paid $25/ 6 months for the last 3 years plus.