Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-22-2016, 06:09 AM   #1

Slide topper

I posted this question on another forum but have received no response, Folks here have always been very helpful so here is the story. Since leaving the Jayco family, I know, (boo, hiss), our new TT is aluminum framed with fiberglass sides. I want to have a slide topper installed but here is my problem. When we took delivery of our NEW TT we wanted a larger "helper handle" installed because we both have bad knees. Well the tech ran the mounting screws through the interior wall !! They did cut them off after. Now I want a slide topper but I DO NOT want any "Oh sorry" moments. There is a Camping World near us but they do not sell our brand and not sure I can trust their techs either. So what would you do. Am I just being overly concerned or is the answer so simple that I just can,t see it ? Thanks in advance for your help, Dave
Lolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 06:48 AM   #2

Check some reviews of your local dealers via Google or Yelp. Stop by ask for the service/parts manager. Chat with them for a few, probably mid morning or day during the week when they are not to busy. See if they have the product you are interested in, tell them your last installation dilema and see how they do on a price quote. Go by 2-3 places then roll the dice on the one your gut told you. I like the guys I work with, but I am a couple of thousand miles away from you. Pretty sure there are some good ones there.
A2Z_Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 09:11 AM   #3

Most likely your TT had a header above the slide so there should be no "oops" when installing the topper.
I had all three of mine installed at the factory. I wouldn't be without them.

Happy Camping......and there's no shame in owning another brand. Ya buy what works best fer ya!

2016 Eagle 321RSTS. MorRyde pin box. 12cu ft refer. Slide toppers and second awning.

2014 Silverado Duramax. Crew cab short box. Reese Titan 16K slider. Air bags.
Camping Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote