Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-17-2016, 05:23 PM   #11

Norty, Would it help securing those bolts by using some blue loc-tite? It may also be a good idea to either have a shop manual or contacting the actual manufacturer of the slide components and asking what the torque values are for those bolts.

(2) Yamaha EF2000is Inverter Generators
House of Harview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 03:40 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Harview View Post
Norty, Would it help securing those bolts by using some blue loc-tite? It may also be a good idea to either have a shop manual or contacting the actual manufacturer of the slide components and asking what the torque values are for those bolts.
I was thinking the same thing when I saw a torque value on the non-nylon bolts. It was 120 fp. I am planning on checking that out. I bought a few more spares at a local hardware yesterday, along with washers and std. lock washers.

I read another opinion that lock washers should not be reused when replacing grade 8 bolts. The ones originally on there had nylon locknuts and I reused them.

One time I thought that Jayco just did not tighten them up but after going thru this 2 years ago, I know they were tight and loosened up on their own.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 04:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
You're actually supposed to hold the button for 3-5 seconds at the END of each travel (in or out); this keeps the motors in sync. So holding onto the button too long isn't a bad thing, its actually recommended.

X2.
I was told that by Jayco when I called them asking about a wiring schematic (which they e-mailed to me within a few minutes)

I also asked if it is ok to put the slide out a little when loading and bring it back in. They said as long as you don't put it out more than 8 - 10 inches, you can bring it back in. Otherwise, either put it all the way out or all the way in. They also said to let it ratchet for like 2 seconds when opening or closing.

So far every time I called Jayco, they were very helpful.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Surge Guard 34830
2012 26BH (Traded)
2002 Prowler Lynx (totaled from tire blowout)
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote