Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-14-2022, 06:14 PM   #1

Smart water valve

While camping we always turn off the water to our camper whenever we leave. I’m pretty good at remembering this when leaving, but not so good at remembering when we return and frequently have to run back outside (not handy when you have already stepped into the shower!). Has anyone found a smart valve that has simple on/off function without a timer?
Thanks
Bill
1973 IH 1210 CC
1975 IH Travelall
1979 IH Scout II
[SIGPIC]
bstannard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 06:25 PM   #2
CAG

In 30+ years of camping I have never had a problem develop from leaving the water on when leaving. I do turn it off if it is going to be more that a day but for a few hours no. If your pressure regulator is set and working that seems redundant not to mention inconvenient.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 06:28 PM   #3

You could get something like this and install some water hose fittings on it. Although I suspect that someone would steal it depending on where you are camping.

I also turn my water off when leaving, the last time I forgot to turn it back on I was all prepped to take my shower and dirty clothes put away, fresh clothes waiting and no water. Interestingly enough, I have never forgot to turn the water back on since then. ~CA
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG  
Old 04-14-2022, 06:30 PM   #4

Why not just turn on the water pump? Turning the water off is a good idea, we always do the same.
Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 06:47 PM   #5

We always turn the water off when leaving the camper for any extended period of time. Anything more than just a walk around the park. I ALWAYS forget to turn it back on! I like the bluetooth water valve that Craig posted and I might install that but just inside where my city water connection is. That way it's theft proof...

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 06:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 Traveler View Post
Why not just turn on the water pump? Turning the water off is a good idea, we always do the same.
Lol, reminds me that I have done this (use the tank and pump) and I have forgotten to refill the tank before it ran out. A great invention would be a chime water level device that would alert me that the tank was getting low and then that would work well for me and lots of others I suspect. ~CA
Old 04-15-2022, 12:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 Traveler View Post
Exactly what I was thinking. We always keep some water in the holding tank because we've been to sites that have had issues with their water supply.

The CGs usually get the problem fixed fairly quickly, but we have enough water to shower, flush, etc. because these things always seem to happen in the morning when everybody else is using water too.

Although in OP's case, he would still have to go outside to set his valves to dry camping, so he might as well turn on the spigot.
2019 Jayco Jayflight 28RLS (New York)
The latest government survey finds that 3 out of 4 people account for 75% of the total population.
JB13502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 05:27 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB13502 View Post
Exactly what I was thinking. We always keep some water in the holding tank because we've been to sites that have had issues with their water supply.

The CGs usually get the problem fixed fairly quickly, but we have enough water to shower, flush, etc. because these things always seem to happen in the morning when everybody else is using water too.

Although in OP's case, he would still have to go outside to set his valves to dry camping, so he might as well turn on the spigot.
Likewise, I always have 10 or 20 gallons of water on board. When we stop for lunch or a nature break, It's nice to be able to flush the toilet or wash hands. It also came in handy when I found the pressure regulator was set too low to allow the on demand hot water heater to function correctly. I've since bumped the pressure up a bit but it was a head scratcher for a bit.

I've never had on demand HW before. I'm still learning.
AverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 07:55 AM   #9
RPR

Their are wifi controlled valves
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote