Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-05-2019, 04:16 PM   #21

We live in ontario canada ...I have tank heaters but I dont know if that's enough for the first few days till I get far enough south to use the water and sewer without freezing..
Any thoughts ?
Jacyko rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 04:18 PM   #22

P.s. the trip will start in february
Jacyko rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 05:38 PM   #23

We stayed at a rv park on the American side. I think it was rainbow. Off beaton path. But close to everything. Very nice.
Lindac63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 07:13 AM   #24

We JUST made that trip - last week! DO NOT take I-94 to I-69 and over to Ontario route. That road is BAD will shake your RV. You're better off - road wize - to take the Indiana toll road to Ohio, and up to Buffalo to Niagara.

-Rich
RPM45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 08:13 PM   #25

We just got home today. We arrived at the Niagara Falls KOA Holiday on Memorial Day (5-31-19) and stayed 4 nights. We had a ball. We went on on-line and bought an Adventure Plus pass for me and 2 grandsons ($208.00 Canadian) It gave all the attractions at the falls and unlimited bus pass for 48 hours. The bus stopped in front of the KOA and was on a 15 minute schedule and we could ride to all the attractions around the falls. Once I parked my truck it left the KOA 1 time for a trip to the grocery that was 2 blocks away. No problems coming or going at the border. Going into Canada questions; when did you leave home, where have you been since then, do you have a firearm, do you have alcohol, have a good day sir!! Coming into the states; do you have any fruits or vegetables purchased in Canada, have you been fishing or hunting in Canada, where are you headed, have a good day sir!!! We really enjoyed the falls and all the Canadian Parks attractions. Enjoy the trip back west. We had a great trip out west in 2017.
1998 HitchHiker II 31 RLBG (Sold 2012)
2002 Ford F350 7.3L Turbo, Crew Cab, DRW, 4:10 (Mint, Garage Queen)
TnHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 08:49 PM   #26

Fyi the exchange rate is .74 right now so you get a pretty good saving. Also food in Canada is expensive compared to the states.
1998 HitchHiker II 31 RLBG (Sold 2012)
2002 Ford F350 7.3L Turbo, Crew Cab, DRW, 4:10 (Mint, Garage Queen)
TnHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 09:06 PM   #27

Be prepared, do a good turn daily!
larryrebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:11 PM   #28

so just a little update. We are coming to an end of the vacation. We have 1000 miles left and it is headed home. This has been an outstanding / awesome vacation. Niagra Falls was phenomenal- we went to the Canadian side and American side. What a terrific spot. We arrived to Mt. Rushmore on the 17th of June and went on the 18th. The weather was perfect. It was blue skies and warm until we got to the truck and then it started to rain. Perfect timing. LOL We head for home tomorrow. Thanks for all the responses. It's greatly appreciated.
jcrammell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:50 PM   #29
Site Team

Glad to hear you had a great time (sorry for the rain, it's New York state for ya'). You were only a little over 100 miles from us, so we experienced the same weather. Our campfire ring was under water, at the park we went to.
Niagara Falls is truly a spectacular sight to see. Been there on my honeymoon....twice!
Safe travels home.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 04:11 AM   #30

Glad all went well for you. We are on mile 2,730 of a two month trip from Washington to New York to help my kids move back to the West Coast. Next week we continue the adventure more in Tourist than Travel mode (did the first leg in 9 days, so no sight seeing). Casualties.....microwave falling off the wall (fixed by re-mounting wall bracket) and leveling jacks failure (part should be here tomorrow to fix it). The motorhome drove great towing the jeep and overall fuel economy at this point is about 8 mpg.

Interesting that I am discovering capacities of my tanks too. We can get about 8 days on black water capacity, but only 4 or so on grey. We are in a Water/Electric site, so the tank capacity thing is kind of a pain, but oh well.
jd99336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 04:59 PM   #31

We were there about the same time and it rained at night. It was 51 degrees which was cold for Floridians. Mt. Rushmore was cool but Custer State park was incredible. Bison antelope burros deer and prairie dogs.
2017 195rb
Toyota Tacoma crew cab 4wd w/tow pkg
Wife and Gracie the wonder dog
larryrebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 04:55 PM   #32

Well we finished this trip sadly. We had an absolute blast. We went a total of 6800 miles in 30 days. Niagra Falls was Phenomenal. We went to the Canadian side and enjoyed every minute of it. We had lots of rain, always a head wind or horrible cross wind and always going up hill. Lol not sure how you do that but I managed. But over all the entire family had a blast and we would and will be doing it again.

We only had one minor hiccup in Nashville when the A/C compressor went out in the truck. Oh well wasn’t to bad.
jcrammell is offline   Reply With Quote