Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-10-2016, 04:36 PM   #1

Solution for sliding items in pass-through bay?

I travel with five large tables, the 'lifetime' style from Costco with folding legs. Made of heavy plastic, great tables, maybe six feet long.

Got a new rig with pass-throughs that are significantly wider than these tables, meaning the tables want to slide from side-to-side as I make turns. Not good.

Any solutions out there for this matter? I've thought about bungee cords but afraid they will have too much give. I think it may take some type of brackets, but it would sure save me a lot of engineering if someone else has licked this problem!

Thanks to all!
kevfra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 04:49 PM   #2

If these tables are typically always transported in this area, I would just install some lumber framing they could be stacked into and secured to protect everybody.?

I have not tried this so haven't licked the problem. No other solutions come to mind.
2015 Jayflight 28 BHBE (sold)
2009 Jayflight 26 BH (sold)
hboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 05:21 PM   #3

I have a similar table I carry in the bed of my TV. It needs to stay centered from side to side and restrained from sliding forward; if sliding back due to 'break-neck acceleration' it would contact the tailgate).

Any way, I use 2 bungee cords, one from each side. They are snug, but not stretched very tight. As far as I can tell, the table has never moved.

Unless you are cornering very hard , test your bungee cord method. It seems it would be quick, easy, and inexpensive to give it a try.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 05:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
I have a similar table I carry in the bed of my TV. It needs to stay centered from side to side and restrained from sliding forward; if sliding back due to 'break-neck acceleration' it would contact the tailgate).

Any way, I use 2 bungee cords, one from each side. They are snug, but not stretched very tight. As far as I can tell, the table has never moved.

Unless you are cornering very hard , test your bungee cord method. It seems it would be quick, easy, and inexpensive to give it a try.
Problem is I have five of these stacked, and that's just too much for bungee cords.
kevfra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 05:38 PM   #5

Could you get to a NAPA or other auto parts store and get some ratchet straps?

If you could put eye bolts or some other type of anchor for the ends of the strap on the floor, you could then ratchet the tables from sliding end to end.

I am no artist but hope you get the idea.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 07:45 PM   #6
Lost in the Woods

If you want cheap and easy, buy a role of no slip rug padding that is used for area rugs. Cut it to fit the table surface and stack them. This is assuming your not rippin around corners on two wheels
Gman1372 is offline   Reply With Quote