Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-28-2022, 01:28 PM   #1

Stacy Stewart power recliner "NOT WORKING"

We have a 2021 Jayco Pinnacle with duel power, heat and massage recliners. As your facing the recliners, the one on the right is not working and has no power to it. The one on the left is working fine.
We checked to make sure they are both plugged in, which they are. Can anyone advise how to troubleshoot this? Where would the fuse be located for the chairs? Please let me know when you can.
Jalunk79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 01:36 PM   #2

I do not have your chairs so no direct help.

When we were at a dealer looking at new campers, we tried the chairs and one did not work. the dealer stated sometimes this happens and they have to disconnect the cord at the chair itself, and not the wall. I suspect it is a loose connection issue. May also want to swap power supplies at the same time, to verify if it is the chair or the power supply unit. FYI, the chairs we saw, had what looked like laptop power supplies.

Hope this helps

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 06:25 PM   #3

I would tell you to raise the leg rest and look where the power supply connects to the control box on the inside of the chair to make sure it is connect. But that would be difficult since the chair doesn't have power. I agree with Jagiven about swapping power supplies. The can go bad.
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 07:31 PM   #4

Sometime between when my trailer was ordered in December 2020 and when it was built in February 2021 Jayco dropped the heat and massage function because of so many failures. Now they just ship the recliners. Try to find aftermarket replacement parts online if you can't get it through Jayco. It's possible that they will warrant existing failed units, at least until they run out of them. I believe that the chairs are built in-house so good luck finding the necessary parts.