Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-02-2022, 11:30 AM   #21

Patience and persistence

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWP723 View Post
Just had a fella from Texas buy a truck from us. Drove here. 1500 miles...for a truck.
August of 2020 I flew my old man and I to Michigan to buy a new 3500HD Duramax for $49k (saved me $22k at that moment), and we then drove it to Bozeman to purchase this 2020 Jayfeather 25rb for $28k (Saved me $8-10k at least). Getting out of Oregon for that weekend was awesome.
Oregon to Michigan to Montana and back to Oregon for a truck and TT. I will be selling this setup soon as I only needed it during Covid. I’m certain to make a decent profit.
dustyww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 09:17 PM   #22

Back in 2005 a summer of a disastrous tent camping experience we bought a pop up 8 box. Went to Montana with it and that was an adventure. Then we sold it privately 2 years later for a bigger pop up with a lot of electrical issues and 2 years later sold that at a dealership for what we paid for 2 years earlier. Weird. Bought a travel trailer and realized it was too small for what we needed did not get the price we wanted but went ahead and bought a second travel trailer with bunks. Great trip out west with it. Now? Wish I could go back to the small trailer. I am the only one who lives out it except for when the family comes visiting. So who knows. My mother was the one who loved camping. Now that she is gone I am going to do maybe another 10 year last hurrah sell and settle down with 10 dogs in my backyard. I loved it but my daughter is like ok with it. So I guess end of an era with mother daughter granddaughter camping trips. Good luck.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 10:50 AM   #23
Lost in the Woods

I'm rushing to get my '07 Trailmanor on the market before interest rates put the skids on everything. As it stands it's worth more than I paid for it in 2018, hope that holds up.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 09:11 AM   #24

Some of you folks are talking about getting what you paid for your older units. Here in Calif i'm seeing tons of RV's on the used market and they are not marked even close to what they sold for new. Either this is a regional issue or some of you are blowing smoke bombs. I was at an RV show last weekend and the dealers were willing to wheel and deal a lot lower than when i purchased my 2019. I also notice the newer units are made with cheaper materials and overall quality is not what they used to be.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 09:53 AM   #25
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkelli View Post
Some of you folks are talking about getting what you paid for your older units. Here in Calif i'm seeing tons of RV's on the used market and they are not marked even close to what they sold for new. Either this is a regional issue or some of you are blowing smoke bombs. I was at an RV show last weekend and the dealers were willing to wheel and deal a lot lower than when i purchased my 2019. I also notice the newer units are made with cheaper materials and overall quality is not what they used to be.
I bought mine used in 2018 and book on it now is almost 20% more than I paid then. How long this market will last however is who knows.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 10:37 AM   #26

The camping world in Detroit tried buy my 2015 Eagle RSTS for 19K.Salesman claimed the stocked their inventory during the pandemic! Still have the Eagle Thanks
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote