Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-19-2022, 09:11 PM   #1

Stopping for a moment...Thanks to the Jayco Community

The other night we were returning to the TT. It was windy, cold, near freezing, and not the time to be outside. It was dark, as I opened the TT door the wind blew it out of my hand. My DW, the dog and I made it inside. We turned on the lights, the heat, and the stove to make some hot water. We made a quick snack, played some cards, pulled down the murphy bed and hit the sack. The wind howled, the rain pelted the windows, and the trailer moved. We were warm and comfortable inside.
I am grateful to Jayco for the design and quality of the trailer, the Jayco Forum Community for helping educate us about traveling in and maintaining a trailer, and to all of the supporting RV industries and workers who make these trips possible. Yep, and I have to mention the JOF moderators for keeping this site focused.
Once in while it feels great to stop and recognize that what we set out to do when purchasing a trailer is being accomplished. For all those that have helped us, a big thank you!
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 09:29 PM   #2

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
We like our 2017 Jayco NorthPoint 377RLBH and have full timed in it for almost 6 years and 45.7K miles
have experienced the the great five days of below freezing weather down to 3° back in Feb ‘21 and it continues to serve us well during the 5-6 days of teens we’ve experience here in winter ‘22 in Llano Co TX. Be sure to buy Reflectix and cut out for each window in your RV. It is the best defense against extreme cold temps. Only a couple issues of tiny leaks at the house water filter and no leak issues of pex pipes behind the Nautilus water control panel. But having pex crimpers in the rig is a bonus as you may notice factory pex crimps aren’t fully crimped compared to my sharkbite crimper tool I used in another plumbing project. The info you get here is totally invaluable in your journey with you new Jayco. Happy trails!
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 09:31 PM   #3
Site Team

That's a very nice thing to say, thank you so much. It's a good feeling to be able to help out someone here, that has a question, or is looking for a direction to start dealing with an issue that ends up helping them to a solution. I learn things every day about trailers, fivers, and motorhomes on the forum, especially the more technically advanced systems they have, that we don't. Someday we might have one that's fancier, and maybe I'll still be able to remember all the great posts on here. Maybe I should start taking down notes!

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 10:29 PM   #4

[QUOTE=travelingjw;1036002]The other night we were returning to the TT.

Great perspective. Sometimes I forget to be thankful for the things we have. Thank you for the reminder!
1984 gmc k1500 4x4 s/w/b. s/b 350,700r4,373 diff,.restored and upgraded( retired - sold). 2022 Chevy Z-71 Trail Boss 4x4 crew cab s/w/b 6.2 gas a/t. 2018 hummingbird Baja 16mrb,Yamaha ef2400ishc inverter.
Happy wife / happy life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 02:48 AM   #5

Great post, travelingjw! That's where we're all headed - comfortably enjoying our rigs.

And thank you for all the help you have provided in this forum, and I think in other areas as well.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 07:01 AM   #6
Site Team

We have had our Jayco Eagle for 11 years and have had many good times using it with a very minimum of problems. We keep talking about downsizing and keep coming back to the question....Why. As long as it meets our needs and we can meet it's needs we will keep it and use the $$$ we would spend on something else to keep it in first class shape.

This week we had a slideout motor go out. This is the 2nd time we have had a slide issue and the first one was in warranty.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 07:35 AM   #7

I agree with everything you said especially this forum membership and Moderators. This is a great non-judgemental place to grow and learn and it is very different than many other forums out there. Many of us here are also members of a certain "Blue Oval" forum and there is so much disrespect there just for a difference of opinion its ridiculous.

JOF is a great place for new just learning or experienced and still learning to drop in and be welcomed and enjoy the slippery Slope of the RV lifestyle!

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote