Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-05-2021, 08:11 PM   #1

Stowing Things

Newbie here, just took delivery on our new SLX7 195RB. We are starting to accumulate all of the 'stuff' needed and I was wondering how folks store their sewer hose so as to keep any residual odors out of the rest of the trailer. Is there any particular type of bin folks use? I want to get a Rhino hose kit and the dealer said it will not fit inside the rear bumper. Thanks
RallyAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 08:17 PM   #2

If it were me I would look into a different brand of hose that would fit. Even in a closed tub I wouldn't want that stinky thing inside my trailer. You could also make a hose holder out of a PVC pipe and mount it below the bumper.
Old 04-05-2021, 08:21 PM   #3

I made the rhino hose fit in my bumper. It was a tight fit, and the tabs had to be in the corners.
If it doesn’t, you can do a couple things.
1. Never let chunks food into your gray tanks. Scrape dishes in the trash before washing. This will mean the gray contains mostly water, soap, and a little dirt/oil from your body.
2. Always dump black, then flush black, then dump gray. If what is going down the hose last is mostly soapy water, there won’t be much to left to make it have a bad odor.
3. Keep the hose in a Rubbermaid bin.
2x Honda 2K
NewBlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 08:18 AM   #4

I bought a Valterra EZ Hose Adjustable Hose Carrier that mounts under the trailer. After I priced out the PVC post option many people have used, I found this to be cheaper and easier than building my own.

2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Crew Cab 3.0L Duramax 4WD
2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 298BH
2013 Jayco Jay 1206 (Sold)
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 08:36 AM   #5

Many people use the square PVC fence posts from Home Depot or Lowes mounted beneath the trailer. Search the forum and you'll find lots of solutions.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:18 AM   #6

I keep our stinky slinky in a Rubbermaid bin, but I cap the ends. Also, I agree that if you rinse thoroughly, there isn't much stink. And if you keep your seals good (carry extras), the hose caps will keep any smell that DOES pop up to a minimum. I keep our primary hose and fittings in the Rubbermaid container in my utility bay along with our water hoses and such, but I keep an "emergency backup" stinky slinky in the bumper.

The ONLY other way I would store it is in a PVC fence post (or similar) mounted under my rig. And I would still cap it. I thought about doing that a couple times, but it keeps moving down on the ol' list.

I will say that even if your slinky fits in your bumper, that's not exactly the best place to store it. The inside of my bumper is not smooth, and it has accumulated a little rust. This can tear the hose and put little holes in it as you push it into and pull it out of the bumper. That's one reason I went with an alternative storage method for my "primary" hose.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 08:41 PM   #7

I have the post hose carrier and a valterra premade.
Biggest difference the valterra is less than 8 feet long
I have awning poles in the bumper sitting in a 4 inch eaves trough. Use to support awning when I use ratchet straps to tie down. Good for the Florida breezes but not major wind event
Sewer hoses in the post cover and valterra.
No smell no possible issues with waste inside trailer.
Just how we do it.

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 08:55 AM   #8

I keep mine in a plastic tub with lid and end caps.No oder.
Old 04-13-2021, 05:23 PM   #9

Check this thread - https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tml#post739921 I have the same issue. Sure you can put them in a bin that seals well, but then they take up room in the storage bay. And we only have one of those. So I saw this solution and bought the bin at Walmart. DH will be buying the u-bolts and the 1/2 square tubing. The bumper can work for the hose, but not the other fittings. This looks like a neat solution and rigger4343 has been using it this way for 2 years. Good luck.

Was 2018 Nissan Pathfinder - too close for comfort
CGLaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 08:02 PM   #10

I replaced the caps on the ends of the bumper and keep my original cheapo hose on the far end and my better hose with the clear see through ends that I regularly use in the end near the valves. Three years and no problems. A little rust dust but no reason to change at this point.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 07:51 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyAce View Post
Newbie here, just took delivery on our new SLX7 195RB. We are starting to accumulate all of the 'stuff' needed and I was wondering how folks store their sewer hose so as to keep any residual odors out of the rest of the trailer. Is there any particular type of bin folks use? I want to get a Rhino hose kit and the dealer said it will not fit inside the rear bumper. Thanks
Our TT has 2 black tanks and 2 grey tanks, so 4 dump valves and 2 sewer gates. We have lots of sewer hose. We have RhinoFlex sewer hoses. The RhinoFlex comes with caps for each hose end. We do camp seasonally, so only store the hoses when we leave for the season. We collapse the hoses as much as possible while connected to the site's sewer inlet to eliminate as much liquid as possible (after flushing the tanks and hoses really well) from the hoses. Then we cap the hoses. We have a large, 100 quart I think, Rubbermaid tote to store the hoses and all the fittings. Never had a problem with odor.

-Michael
michael.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 12:07 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyAce View Post
I went to Lowes and bought a 5"x5" plastic fence post. I wire tied it on top of my bumper, I capped one end and utilized a cap with hinges on the other end. My Rhino hose slides nice and easy into it and since it is plastic there is zero chance of it getting damaged like it would in a rear bumper.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 02:49 PM   #13

Our hose I think is the rhino and it does fit. Otherwise as for storage? I use plastic bins to keep everything organized unless it is chairs or something that is bulky. As for the pantry? I have baskets and utensils to keep things organized.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 04:55 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGLaz View Post
Check this thread - https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tml#post739921 I have the same issue. Sure you can put them in a bin that seals well, but then they take up room in the storage bay. And we only have one of those. So I saw this solution and bought the bin at Walmart. DH will be buying the u-bolts and the 1/2 square tubing. The bumper can work for the hose, but not the other fittings. This looks like a neat solution and rigger4343 has been using it this way for 2 years. Good luck.
I use the same box mounted to the rear bumper. Works great for storing hose and fittings along with my safety triangles. Not worried about the weight since these items are light but bulky. Sure beats having them in the storage compartment!
mrmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 05:03 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokurt View Post
I keep mine in a plastic tub with lid and end caps.No oder.
Same thing I do and never had a odor problem in 25+ years.
Old 04-27-2021, 05:38 AM   #16
SUP

I have the 212qb and if your tt has the same bumper as mine the rhino hose will fit. That is what I have been using.
SUP is offline   Reply With Quote