Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-05-2020, 04:38 AM   #41

The old standby Victor mouse trap in the basement. One may get it but "wack" done.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 10:40 AM   #42

Made several T shaped 1 1/2 inch plastic tubes. I put bait blocks held on a piece of coat hanger down the top and the mice go in to eat but pets can't get at them. Similar to this picture (anyone know how to shrink a picture so it will fit better on this site???)

200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 11:58 AM   #43

The best thing, I have found after trying all the above. Was hooking up a timer to spot lights under my camper. They come on before dark and shut off after the sun starts to rise. Unless your vigilante with replacing all the other stuff, it’s useless.
Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 05:51 AM   #44

Yes- Irish spring has worked for us. We break a few Bars in half and place them everywhere on a piece of Aluminum Foil. Have not had a rodent problem at all.
MoreSmoresPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 08:28 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreSmorePlease View Post
Yes- Irish spring has worked for us. We break a few Bars in half and place them everywhere on a piece of Aluminum Foil. Have not had a rodent problem at all.
I have had the opposite luck. I put some in a 5 gallon bucket. Mice jumped in, nibbled on it, but could not get back out. One winter I caught something like 7 mice that way in my old garage. I only had the one bucket setup.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 10:38 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreSmorePlease View Post
The one and only time we had mice was when we put a bar of Irish Spring in and they ate the bar! We tried it in only one place and that ended up being the only spot in the rv showing any signs of mice. Bounce has always worked very well for us and allows us to tuck into small holes and behind walls in the storage areas. We are also trying the Fresh Cab this year as well based on other recommendations.
Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi
BLTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 03:14 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimp View Post
Wife just read the myth (?) about Irish Spring Soap repelling rodents last night. Not tried it but have heard/read it several times.
Mice ate it in our sons trailer. We’ve had good luck with Fresh Cab pouches over the years. And yes, foam the holes!
Gfharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 05:53 PM   #48

I will say this one more time. Bobcat pee on scent tags around ur RV. Went from mice and turds on everything outside to not a thing. And this is at my mountain camp for a three month period. I also use a big bait trap I fill with the mice kill blocks but have it about 100 ft from my RV. U can get it at tractor supply. The holes are big enough for squirrels but I put a cinder block on each side by the holes and one on top to keep the dog from flipping it over. The bobcat pee keeps them away from the Rv and the mice eat all the blocks. Got to fill it in a month than it will last till I lv. I guess the first month kills most of them and there are no signs of turds on my outside Rv stuff.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 08:06 PM   #49

Scotchbrite pads will also work, a animal control business used them to stop mice around a rarely used basement access, as mentioned before clean good after every use, including mopping floors, if they smell the smallest crumb they will get in
rarobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 09:04 PM   #50

Bobcat pee will keep them away from ur RV. Try it
Old 11-12-2020, 05:10 AM   #51
Site Team

You could always hire one of these guys...lol

Someone abandoned this cat on our place some time ago. We tried to bring him indoors with no real luck in transition. He wants nothing to do with being indoors. He mostly hangs out on our porch or in the barn and is a rodent hunting machine.

In all seriousness, I realize that having an outdoor cat isn't possible for all of you. But if you live on a farm or in a rural area like I do, they really are an asset in pest control. I was never a cat person and really upset when I found this little guy thrown out in front of our barn. However, I almost want to thank the people who dropped him off at this point. He really is that good.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG950663.jpg  
Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 11:05 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Bobcat pee will keep them away from ur RV. Try it
Dunno, I think mouse turds in my trailer would be less of a problem than a bobcat peeing in it. Seriously, though, where do you get bobcat pee? And how do THEY get it? Inquiring minds...
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 11:38 AM   #53

According to my wife, the turds only tell you that they're peeing all over your silverware and anything else you touch!....and you don't see it once it dries.

"We'll be friends until we're old and senile,....then we'll be new friends."
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 12:05 PM   #54

Bobcat pee comes from zoos by washing down the floor, etc.

I still prefer putting out mouse blocks in safe bait stations and killing the mice before they come in. Plus, of course, blocking every opening with metal and foam.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 02:07 PM   #55

The last bottle of bobcat pee came from western lure. I have tried my best to seal every opening but they find a way in. On my one slide that has the under floor rails I even stuff steel wool in the frame holes when it is extended. I have a tag hanging under the slide rail and spray that. I have tags on all jacks, where dump hose connects and power cord real. I spray water hose and around tires. Anything they can climb on I spray including the stairs. Smell goes away in a few days. Got the idea from a local upstate NY in the Adirondacks. Everybody gets mice in there houses. He used the bobcat method and no more mice.
Rock
Old 11-20-2020, 03:23 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice1951 View Post
This thread is a year old but I wanted to update that I had no signs of mice this past April. The previous year I had mouse turds in every drawer when I parked it for the winter in the same location for the same length of time without the flashing. So needless to say I am a believer.
The ground surface must be solid and level without any gaps or openings. The surface of the flashing itself prohibits mice from being able to climb it. So this will be my mouse prevention solution for this upcoming winter also.

I have heard about this, I think that I will try this.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 10:39 PM   #57

Doubt you can keep them out but this thing is amazing!!!!! Auto kills up to 25 on a single CO2 cartridge
Attached Thumbnails
2D0BEDA8-9476-469A-8F51-069BB8FBECB9.jpg  
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 10:45 PM   #58

https://youtu.be/W2zMQuERWvo
Old 11-20-2020, 11:28 PM   #59

Lol not 5 min after posting I got one under the sink. Love this thing!!!