Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-21-2015, 06:27 PM   #11

I know this is old thread, but hoping someone might still jump in. Does the Coleman Mach digital model allow the fan of the a/c to run all the time, even when the furnace or heat mode is on? We like to run the a/c fan all the time at night for white noise, even if we have the furnace on. The analog Coleman Mach that came on our 2016 28BHBE doesn't allow that to happen if it is in heat mode. So I'd like to swap it out, and the digital Colman Mach looks like the easiest option, but I don't want to end up with that same issue.

luv2drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:40 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2drum View Post
Does the Coleman Mach digital model allow the fan of the a/c to run all the time, even when the furnace or heat mode is on? We like to run the a/c fan all the time at night for white noise, even if we have the furnace on.
Nope. There was a post where somebody added another switch to do just that however. Hopefully they'll jump in soon.

Old 08-21-2015, 06:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2drum View Post
Does the Coleman Mach digital model allow the fan of the a/c to run all the time, even when the furnace or heat mode is on?
The Coleman Mach digital thermostat is a good thermostat, accurate and easy to install but would not allow you to run the A/C fan without the air conditioner being on.

However, a little custom wiring could make this happen. On this forum in the manuals section is a file showing the wiring of Coleman (Airexcel) thermostats. My non-professional reading of that information tells me that if the red wire is connected to the gray wire (through a switch) you could run the heater (using the thermostat) and the A/C fan by itself through a special switch. You could use any sort of switch you want to - one that matches what you have now in your trailer, or even a regular 115 volt light switch (note: the switch will only be turning on or off 12v DC current from the red wire to the gray wire, making the low A/C fan blow)

If anyone who is expert in this area has another thought, please add to or correct my idea (that might have been borrowed from someone else)
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2008 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:15 PM   #14

The one digit difference in the part number is the difference between the black and white color thermostats.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:00 PM   #15

glsimms If you still looking to change tour stat, the Honeywell pro 3000 works great and is a snap to install.