Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-25-2017, 04:52 AM   #21

What I did to decide about a cover was went down to the storage lot and looked around. The ones who stored several years there told the story. Trashed units in my eyes. I've used covers ever since with excellent result. Usually I was one of the few who's covers held up. If I was going to use a ADCO I'd go without, been there done that. You get what you pay for. Once they start falling apart and the wind gets whipping you'll see what I'm talking about. I didn't rely on just the factory tie down either, I use additional strapping to keep cover tight to unit. But you do have the right to do what you think is best. Here's a example pic of what I see in the storage lots.
Attached Thumbnails
rsz_20170129_151146.jpg  

2014 Ram Dually 6.7 Diesel
2016 North Point 375BHFS
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 05:30 AM   #22

I USED to cover mine. Not anymore. I noticed "rub" marks from the wind ballooning the cover. I had tennis balls on the spouts and it STILL tore in two places! I figure, it sits on the lot without a cover so..
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 07:41 AM   #23

No. We are on our third RV. The first two were stored outside in desert SW (very high UV). The MH was 20yrs old when we got rid of it with no roof issues (faded paint and graphics). The fiver was 13yrs old and no roof issues (also bad graphics, paint was good). We are full time in the current one so, no, it will never be covered either.

If you think about it, many of us live in these things and sometimes for many years.

Yes, if you want to have like new paint and graphics after 10 or 20 years then a carport cover will probably be necessary, along with regular maintenance. A tarp or flexible cover won't do it, unless you spend a lot of time checking and it does not touch the rig. In some areas with high winds even well fitting covers will damage the surface. It doesn't take much movement to ruin the surface.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote