Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-10-2016, 10:10 AM   #41

I noticed that some of the 2017's are now fitted with a Simmons mattress, if I'm not mistaken. Has anyone taken delivery of a 17 as of yet to confirm this and if so, how's the comfort level?

I'm going to assume that even if the Simmons is the case and knowing the DW as I do , a memory foam topper will be needed anyway, know whadda mean? Hehehe!
(2) Yamaha EF2000is Inverter Generators
House of Harview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:39 AM   #42

We put a 4" memory foam topper over the Denver Mattress, still like sleeping on a hard board. I thought Denver Mattress was supposed to be quality. Guess I was wrong..

2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4.7 V8 trans cooler, elect fans, auto rear leveling system (bags) towing package. Rated to pull (according to dealer) 6700lbs.
Lakehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:35 AM   #43

Our 2015 Pinnacle came with a queen size Denver Mattress. First night was fine, by the 2nd night we had valleys on both sides and it felt like a 2X6 running from head to foot in the center. After about 14 nights and after trying to figure out what was causing it, shopped a couple mattress stores kinda near the campground and found one who would take the old (new Denver Mattress) and dispose of it. Bought a Beauty Rest. Very comfortable and we sleep good now.
16 ft.Nova Craft Prospector Canoe
2 12’ Old Town Loon angler kayaks
okraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 04:08 PM   #44

Anyone know the size of the Mattress?

David & Amy Adkins
2016 White Hawk 28DSBH
2011 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Zeus, Little (the pups)
DJ-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:51 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Harview View Post
I noticed that some of the 2017's are now fitted with a Simmons mattress, if I'm not mistaken. Has anyone taken delivery of a 17 as of yet to confirm this and if so, how's the comfort level?

I'm going to assume that even if the Simmons is the case and knowing the DW as I do , a memory foam topper will be needed anyway, know whadda mean? Hehehe!
I just ordered a 2017 Jay Flight 24RBS and was told it would be equipped with a Simmons mattress instead of the Denver. We also will probably end up with a memory foam topper as we have had them in our pop-up, our current travel trailer and even on our sleep by number bed.
NismoGriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:18 AM   #46

Our Denver Mattress in our 2016 Jayco was junk...sagged extremely bad after our first week long camping trip . I contacted Denver Mattress. Come to find out, it's not a true Denver Mattress but rather a Michiana Mattress outsourced to a company in Indiana. I put a piece of PVC pipe over it to show sag (see pic) and sent pics and they sent us a check under warranty as we had already bought a new Dynasty 10" Memory Foam mattress off amazon...IT IS AWESOME!!! I noted this in our Jayco Survey form...the only way it'll get better is if people speak up.

Amazon.com: DynastyMattress 10GEL-QUEEN-RV 10-inch CoolBreeze Gel Memory Foam Mattress-Queen RV Size: Automotive

20160411_184133_HDR (1).jpg  
Roosevelt008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:24 AM   #47

Standard Issue Denver Mattress is 75 X 60 X 8 I believe
Roosevelt008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:12 AM   #48

Our Denver was a pillow top on our 2015 38 FLSA, within 3 months, it was sagging in the middle. BUT, because of the pillow top, it would not show an indention... so they denied the warranty...Purchased a quality "home" bed, and it has been great
markk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 10:07 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosevelt008 View Post
Our Denver Mattress in our 2016 Jayco was junk...sagged extremely bad after our first week long camping trip . I contacted Denver Mattress. Come to find out, it's not a true Denver Mattress but rather a Michiana Mattress outsourced to a company in Indiana. I put a piece of PVC pipe over it to show sag (see pic) and sent pics and they sent us a check under warranty as we had already bought a new Dynasty 10" Memory Foam mattress off amazon...IT IS AWESOME!!! I noted this in our Jayco Survey form...the only way it'll get better is if people speak up.

Did the label on the mattress say Denver or Michiana?
Old 05-21-2016, 10:25 AM   #50

All of mine say Denver Mattress on them. My little girl who is not rough on anything sleeps on the bottom bunk and weighs only 40 pounds and is showing serious signs of wear after only a year with approximately 30-35 nights of actual use. Also the top bunk which nobody sleeps on is equally wearing (little one plays on that one when she's bored). The queen in the bedroom has had a 4" memory foam topper on it since the first night's sleep. Still very uncomfortable. I will have to take the toppers of to see what wear it has.

Would like to buy a new mattress, however, the good ones are so heavy.

2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4.7 V8 trans cooler, elect fans, auto rear leveling system (bags) towing package. Rated to pull (according to dealer) 6700lbs.
Lakehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 04:40 PM   #51

While visiting Camping World in Hammond, LA some two weeks ago, a sign caught my eye. It was the shelf with the Denver Mattress. I was surprised to see the mattress was folded in about three and placed in a box on the shelf.

My question: How can a great mattress be folded up in multiple folds, and placed in a box..???
Toad - '16 Subaru Forester (Pearl White - manual transmission)
Blue Ox (everything) for the TOAD
Boudreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 03:01 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethcb View Post
Did the label on the mattress say Denver or Michiana?
The sewn in tag said Michiana Mattress, however the large corner tag at the foot of the mattress was the signature Denver Mattress Co. emblem....kinda deceiving from a consumer standpoint....

Jayco even "sells" the Denver Mattress brand in all of their literature and online...not sure they should continue this practice...kinda gives all parties involved a black eye and just seems deceptive.
Old 05-24-2016, 03:09 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boudreaux View Post
While visiting Camping World in Hammond, LA some two weeks ago, a sign caught my eye. It was the shelf with the Denver Mattress. I was surprised to see the mattress was folded in about three and placed in a box on the shelf.

My question: How can a great mattress be folded up in multiple folds, and placed in a box..???
If it's anything like the standard issue Denver Mattress that came with our new Jayco it's nothing more than a few layers of fluff filling, not even a true mattress. We did order a really good quality memory foam from Amazon and it shipped to the house in a box. It was vacuum sealed and compressed extremely small and within a few hours filled out to normal size and works great. I put the link in a post a page or two back on this thread. I would stay away from Denver Mattress completely. Spend the money and buy a good one...your back will thank you and it'll make your trip more enjoyable.

Old 05-29-2016, 01:29 AM   #54

We upgraded to a eurotop mattress when we bought our trailer. After a few nights we added a two inch topper from Costco but even at that I was waking up with a sore back. Two months ago prior to going away for a extended holiday I added another two inch topper from Costco. That was the answer. I had read that someone had placed one topper under his mattress and another one on top and found he had a great sleep. We decided to just place the second on top of the first and it turned out really good.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 05:35 AM   #55

Has anyone tried this?

http://www.amazon.com/Serenia-Sleep-...9PQK1QAXFCK19M

We are to the boards and have only slept on it 6 nights. Deep valleys where we sleep!

Just bought the trailer I don't want to go 700 bucks! But I can't sleep!
Old 05-31-2016, 06:34 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnAllen02 View Post
Has anyone tried this?

http://www.amazon.com/Serenia-Sleep-...9PQK1QAXFCK19M

We are to the boards and have only slept on it 6 nights. Deep valleys where we sleep!

Just bought the trailer I don't want to go 700 bucks! But I can't sleep!
Okay, I'm an old critter that is over weight. The Denver Mattress did very unpleasant things to my spine such that I could hardly walk or move the next day. My DW bought a Serenia from Amazon. Now, We both sleep better while I function well at a new "normal". Note, The mattress isn't perfect but It's the best money I ever spent. Given the improvement in my activity, I bought this same mattress (different size) for my bed at home. Go for it.
2012 Horton Car Hauler
1997 F250 Light Duty - gone but loved
Catmike2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 06:30 PM   #57

Thanks we did, and hope you are right, it arrived today! Camper going back to dealer tomorrow for frig problems! No time to try out my new mattress!
Old 06-02-2016, 07:54 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnAllen02 View Post
Thanks we did, and hope you are right, it arrived today! Camper going back to dealer tomorrow for frig problems! No time to try out my new mattress!
I know you will prefer the Serenia Mattress. Because of my arthritis, no mattress is comfortable for me. But I do love the Serenia. I looked at it as an investment in my health. Good Luck and pls give feedback.
2012 Horton Car Hauler
1997 F250 Light Duty - gone but loved
Catmike2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:32 PM   #59

We are having pretty good night on the Denver Matress eurotop

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:38 PM   #60

It looks like "Denver Mattress" is a Lippert Controls brand.
If you look at this page you'll see all the things Lippert makes for the RV industry - it's probably about 1/2 your RV.
Recreational Vehicle
If you back up to the Lippert Components the leading OEM and Aftermarket RV Parts and Accessory Supplier page you'll find they make stuff for the Trucking industry, marine industry, home construction and much more.

There is no way this company makes all this stuff themselves. I bet them make a lot of the metal stuff (hitches, slideouts, etc.) and also the electronics (slideout controllers) since electronics appears to be where they started.

But most of this stuff is simply contract manufacturing.
Lippert has a great relationship with the RV industry - and when they see a need (like for a cheap mattress) - they go find a manufacturer, have it made and fill the need.
I don't doubt that they change their contract manufacturers as needed to cut cost or resolve objections from their customers (who is Jayco - not us).
Sounds like someone just left the original manufacturer's label's on the mattress Roosevelt.
But I don't think using contract manufacturers is deceptive - hell most of the stuff in your TV is made by a contract manufacturer working for Ford/Chevy/Dodge. In fact its frequently the same company - aka the airbag disaster from Tennaka.

That said - I'm glad to see that Jayco is using a real brand name mattress in many of their 2017 units - Simmons.
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote