Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-21-2018, 03:16 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
Do you have anything in your rv that makes you say why would they do that? I mean who decides these things and do they even thinks about it first? Two things that bug me in our new Seneca is the TP holder in the rear bathroom....love it just jabbin me in the ribs while I’m sitting there . I just removed it and the roll sets on the counter just like the last 2 RV’s....never had one that was located good. The other is in the front bathroom, why would they mount the towel ring right above the electrical outlet what are yours?
Ah the TP holder. When we go to RV shows I don't think I have ever seen one in a "Good" place - one we saw was so far away you would have to stand up and take a few steps to get some TP, the another was mounted so deep inside the sink cabinet that you would have to dislocate your arm to get to it while sitting. Our current trailer did not come with one at all and our previous one it was mounted so far back that you had to dislocate something to get to it. We ended up just getting a freestanding TP holder that stores a few rolls in the base and then you pop on the roll that you are using at the top. Then when you are not using it you just put it in the corner out of the way, shove it in the shower when you are moving, and then when you are doing your business it is where YOU want it.
WeRVoyagers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 05:33 PM   #42

28RLS (2016) light/switch panel, when looking at the panel, the awning switch is on the left, awning on the right, the slide out is the opposite too, light switches the same, left and right switched. Rear recliner on the door side, you have to pull it away from the back window to recline, when you do, the leg rest hits the cabinet, about useless. No long hanging storage for a dress (wife's compliant). ... different types of windows, I can see size differences but I have up and down opening, sliding left or right, crank out, lever/slide out, including 3 different types of emergency windows.
Old 07-21-2018, 06:47 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
They run a duct between the floor structure. Unlike a house where they can run ducting under joists or build joists to accept ducting, they can't do that in an RV. You can't cut the steel frame, and you don't have room under the floors. One duct is typically what you have, so every floor register will be inline with that one duct... They don't have options to place floor registers where is esthetically pleasing. it's easy for us to think why did they do that, but if we really think about it, it is placed where they are for logical reasons.

Happy Camping
Fair enough...but PLASTIC?? Make them metal!! (And I know some do).
Redhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 07:03 PM   #44

What bugs me is the lack of wall switches for the overhead fan in the bathroom and bedroom.

When on the "throne", it's nice to have the exhaust fan running, but during flushing, it's best to cut it off. After flushing, cut it back on again. My wife can't do that because she is way too short, and I have to really stretch to do it. The high ceilings are great, but because of that, wall switches are needed.

The same goes for the light over the bed in the 23RB. Too high. Need a wall switch.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 07:08 PM   #45
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
What bugs me is the lack of wall switches for the overhead fan in the bathroom and bedroom.

When on the "throne", it's nice to have the exhaust fan running, but during flushing, it's best to cut it off. After flushing, cut it back on again. My wife can't do that because she is way too short, and I have to really stretch to do it. The high ceilings are great, but because of that, wall switches are needed.

The same goes for the light over the bed in the 23RB. Too high. Need a wall switch.
I agree. Having to reach to nearly the center of the bed on the ceiling to turn on/off a light is annoying at best. A wall switch would be nice.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 07:44 PM   #46

My '12 Eagle has the fantastic fan /light switch in the bathroom mounted on the wall for easy access. Everywhere else you have to reach for the ceiling. Can't figure that one out.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 05:19 PM   #47

Hey Gloryb - here is my mod to deal with the blinds and window issue. I bought a cheap valance -mini curtain, a cheap extendable curtain rod and some suction cup eye hooks. I placed the suction cup hooks on the window, hung the rod on the hooks and then I hung the new-mini curtain just over the window handles. The blinds come to the handles, the curtain covers from the handles to the bottom of the window and top of table. I’ll try to post a pic.

Jayfeather 16 XRB
Ford Explorer V8
MagooIsBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 09:08 PM   #48

Blinds/valance mod pics

Click image for larger version

Name:	0B80DC23-F2FD-44B3-91D1-63AD532197E7.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	42283

Name:	15B74C7B-5906-4E6C-A264-A0DA10537579.jpg
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	42284

Name:	D7A000DC-8226-4E50-AA2B-5E841039C5F4.jpg
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	42285
My quick fix so I don’t damage my blind with the window handles and still have some privacy from my neighbours. Anyone know how to rotate my photos?....

Jayfeather 16 XRB
Ford Explorer V8
MagooIsBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:53 AM   #49

Oh so many

Toilet paper dispenser on the inside of entry door to the bathroom.
Vent in the floor in front of galley sink where lots of items fall into, and is hard to stand on
Floor Vent at back where the chairs sit and is covered most of the time. A couch that fold out to a bed that you can not use without removing the recliners. A Counter extension that make it impossible to get into the draw and is too unstable to use.

Eagle HT 26.5 rls 2018
Kinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:55 AM   #50

No access to the bathroom and bedroom without extending the slide-out? Total deal breaker for us.
harryjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:04 PM   #51

lol!
Kate Camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:07 PM   #52

Jayco put an emergency sticker on a window that was not exit window duuhh!
Attached Thumbnails
Jaco rear window.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:20 PM   #53

What were they thinking

The brackets that hold the drawer slides to the back are made of plastic. Bad choice IMO. I have replaced most with metal brackets.
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:26 PM   #54

I suppose the list of pet peeves could go on forever. In the five years we've owned ours, I've grown accustomed to most of my rig's oddities. But one still drives me crazy. The thermostat for the HVAC is right next to the door and that door has a window. Sure it's handy when I want to turn the system on or off while the rig is parked at home; I just open the door climb one step and I have access to the thermostat. But when the weather is either hot or cold, every time you open the door you let the hot or cold outside in and it triggers the thermostat. Being next to the door with a window the thermostat is affected by the heat coming in thru that window. Had they put the thing on the other side of the fridge it would have been sheltered and maintain either heat or cold better.
Old 07-25-2018, 12:28 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of 49° View Post
The fresh water tank vent/overflow. ‘Nuff said.
Ugh!! YES!!

And on mine, I have a storage compartment in the back, under a slide, and it opens UP and they didn't put struts on it? AND it has TWO slam latches! How is that supposed to work?! Why the heck wouldn't you make it open to the SIDE? The mirroring compartment opens to the side, and it works perfectly!

Hatchlift makes a kit for me, so I'll be installing that...

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:29 PM   #56

Both electrical outlets in Galley and Head on wrong side of sink, no place to sit anything that's plugged in, had to add surface mount socket in Galley and another outlet in the head. TP holder OK!, Switches for bath, shower, hallway lights, tank heater, and fan all in the head on the wall, had to re-arrange them as there was no rhyme or reason to their grouping.
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
The brackets that hold the drawer slides to the back are made of plastic. Bad choice IMO. I have replaced most with metal brackets.
Mine are 8 years old and no broken ones yet and I made the drawers bigger to hold more.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 07-25-2018, 12:36 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
I agree. Having to reach to nearly the center of the bed on the ceiling to turn on/off a light is annoying at best. A wall switch would be nice.
Same on my 2016 23RLSW. Wall switch and wiring, $5-$10?

They have a switch for all the other ceiling lights.

Common sense isn't a hallmark of RV designers.
Wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:40 PM   #59

Hatchlift kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
Ugh!! YES!!

And on mine, I have a storage compartment in the back, under a slide, and it opens UP and they didn't put struts on it? AND it has TWO slam latches! How is that supposed to work?! Why the heck wouldn't you make it open to the SIDE? The mirroring compartment opens to the side, and it works perfectly!

Hatchlift makes a kit for me, so I'll be installing that...
I have a similar issue and looked at the hatchlift kit but it says "not to be used with slam latches". I don't see why it wouldn't work. You just can't use the "slam" feature.
Idaho Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:41 PM   #60

Ugh!

Ours would be 1. Carpet in the bathroom/shower area. Really? We have since removed ALL carpet in the trailer and replaced it with peal and stick faux wood flooring. 2. There are 2 speakers over the bed that are in the way of opening the over head cabinets. Every time you pull open the door it hits the speakers. We have put up with it for 4 years but we just ordered replacement flush mount speakers. Thank god!
Thomason85238 is offline   Reply With Quote