Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-23-2020, 12:07 PM   #41
Site Team

Moderator's Note

There is a specific section of our Community Rules that is applicable to this thread.

Customer Disputes
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to solely vent frustrations about services, products, vendors, or sales. Please settle your differences with the seller, provider, manufacturer, or dealer through other means but not through our community. You may post about problems you have with Jayco product in an effort to learn from others with similar issues however the use of the forums to repeatedly attack or bash Jayco, Jayco products, or Jayco owners is strictly forbidden.

A complete copy of our Community Rules are available here.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...ork&page=rules
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 01:13 PM   #42

Our Precept had issues and while under warranty I called Jayco Motorized division and got an authorization to take my coach to an independent RV repair and customization shop and had all my issues fixed that the "dealer" could not after several tries. Jayco spent $14,000 to pay to get my coach "right". I couldn't be happier with Jayco's dedication to customer satisfaction.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 07:21 PM   #43
bap

Quote:
Originally Posted by matlosz1 View Post
You can believe what you want. I put my experience out there, whether you agree or not. Trying to engage me with your undying loyalty to Jayco, doesn’t change my FACTS. I’ve only detailed one problem. There were several while it was under warranty and my dealer got Jayco to cover them. My dealer sided with me on the floor when it was only 3 years old. We went back and forth with Jayco for over a year. They changed management and service attitudes in the interim. Rather than argue with me, google Jayco floor problems and see how many complaints are documented. I am not alone in my opinion of Jayco. If you can’t see the evidence of others than I will assume that you are an embedded Jayco employee in these threads. Have a great day.
What brand RV company are you an employee of?
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 08:06 PM   #44

As one whose Jayco wasn't perfect, I do have to say this:

While under warranty, we had a soft spot in the floor of out White Hawk 20MRB. The dealer addressed it, along with some other issues including the water getting out of the shower stall and running under a wall into the kitchen area. The dealer made great repairs and we waited a couple of hours while one of the dealer's techs caulked every inch of the shower. Also, the wall was replaced that the water had leaked under.

Fast forward about 4 or 5 months after the warranty expired and we noticed a number of spots in the floor that had problems. We had the dealer take a look at the floor and asked if Jayco might offer some "goodwill assistance" in the repair of the floor. The service manager was less than optimistic but said there was no harm in asking Jayco. To our surprise and delight, Jayco agreed to cover the entire fix!

The dealer had us pick out a floor covering in a current trailer as they no longer used what we had from 2 years earlier. Once Jayco got the new vinyl flooring to the dealer, they called and scheduled the repair.

We dropped the trailer off, about 80 miles one way, and left it for a week. Once fixed, we were called to come and look at the finished job. SWMBO has a critical eye for detail and she went over the new floor and couldn't find anything wrong with what they had done. We asked to speak to the tech who did the work and when he came out, I asked if he did the repair from the top or the bottom. He replied, "both"!

We are happy to be customers of Blade RV in Mt. Vernon WA.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 10:00 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperdutyFord View Post
#2 the plumbing? I guess they had a little child crimping the tees with their Plumbing clamps because every T has leaks in it and I spent over $2,000 fixing the plumbing that wasn't done properly when they manufactured my unit.
Scratching my head on this one. I could have replaced all my plumbing 3 times (including buying tools) for that much.
Old 07-24-2020, 09:45 AM   #46

2018 28bhbe

We just bought ours this year and other than the smoke detector falling off and the 12 volt converter giving me issues (traced that to the bathroom exhaust fan) It has been amazing. We stepped up from a 12 ft popup and I couldn't be happier with ours.
Gfam2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 11:10 AM   #47

Had a 17 31qbds first and had only 1 small issue with it. Have a 2020 Eagle 357mDok now with only small fit and finish items to be addressed at the end of the season. Lukc of the draw I think for some.
Trigger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 01:11 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccso2213 View Post
Scratching my head on this one. I could have replaced all my plumbing 3 times (including buying tools) for that much.
I was thinking the exact same thing!
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 07:20 AM   #49

Love my Jay Flight

It’s unfortunate when people have issues with their trailer. My 2014 28BHSW has been fantastic. A few minor issues but nothing major. They’re all made cheap and sometimes you get a bad one. My in-laws paid almost twice as much for their Rockwood and have had nothing but problems.
jcarlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 01:25 PM   #50

Even something as simple and basic as a 'little red wagon' loses the new look after a while. Bent wheels, faded paint, etc.

It pays to be handy.
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 06:13 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAurand View Post
Same here.
Only issue I had was the Cheap China bomb Rainer Tires were shot and needed to be replaced after 4 1/2 years and 1 screw started to push up from the floor. Fixed this and have not had any problems since.
How did you get 4 years out of your Chinese Bombs? One of mine blew up on the first trip and another on the second. Replaced them with Good Years and 4 years later no problem.
Chet & Marie is offline   Reply With Quote