Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-07-2021, 12:06 PM   #21

Got the TireMinder 55 for towing our Whitehawk DSRL. Got them on the new Eagle HT CKTS. New 3500 came with RAM OEM trailer TPMS package, but haven't gotten the sensors installed yet. If anyone has that, would like to hear how it works. Tireminder seems fairly accurate when compared to my digital pressure gauge. The only thing is the sensors do seem to loose connectivity from time to time.
Nissan Titan <- Fleetwood Sea Pine Popup / JayFeather X23J / Whitehawk 27 DSRL
RAM 1500 HEMI <- Whitehawk 27 DSRL
RAM 3500 TD <- Eagle HT 30.5 CKTS
Highlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 12:28 PM   #22

I have the tire minder i10. It can monitor 20 transmitters so it you're running a class A with duals and have a trailer or toad behind you you can monitor every tire on the rig. It also can monitor pressures up to 199 PSI. The charge on the monitor can last up to 8 hours but if you have a USB plug for your cell phone you can charge it going down the road. It will give you an audible alarm as well as a visual indication on which tire has an issue, and monitors tire temp. Install was easy, took longer to get into my battery boxes then it did to install and set up the system. My only complaint is the screen has set brightness. Or at least if it can be changed, I haven't yet figured out how to do it. I will admit I screwed up and purchased a different unit from Tire Minder and kept it past the return window to Amazon. The first unit I purchased, the tire pressure limit was 70 PSI and my rig uses 80 PSI tires. I found someone to buy that one from me so I wasn't stuck with it.
2021 Keystone Cougar 27SABWE
Bandit12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 12:39 PM   #23

I have a 2018+ Seneca. I've read from a couple of others that since installing monitors they have experienced slow air pressure loss. Has anyone else experienced this?
EdwardOrmsbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 12:42 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardOrmsbee View Post
I have a 2018+ Seneca. I've read from a couple of others that since installing monitors they have experienced slow air pressure loss. Has anyone else experienced this?
I have a Tire Minder system. No air loss at all. O rings have to be changed on the sensor caps but Minder will send those if requested.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 01:56 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
Hello Everyone,

Anyone out there have a Tire Pressure Monitoring System installed on their RV? If so, do you like it and is it accurate? Any brand and models you would recommend and also stay clear of? Thanks, Steve

I have an Innotech with non flow through sensors. I use 8 for my rig and the trailer. Works great, had it for 3 years. Sensors. It act up occasionally you just have to put in fresh batteries.
rodpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 02:01 PM   #26

This one works...

This works: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085C2HMQP

Send it back if you don't like it.
kyleebrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 03:19 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingjw View Post
I have one, it is the TST brand. It works fine in regard to the alarm function and saved us a bunch of money when we had a blow out. What I don't understand about these systems is how accurate the PSI pressures are. I have 3 different measuring devices, the TPMS, a tire pressure gauge, and one of those pencil gages. It is very unusual for me to have all 3 show the same pressure. Having said that, I would buy a TPMS just for the alarm function. My blowout happened on the freeway and I was able to pull off with minimal damage to the TT.

If you do an annual system check, which you should do, you can confirm the sensitivity of each sensor.

If you had a tire failure occur before the TPM gave a warning of air loss you probably had a belt separation and not a Run Low Flex Failure. Suggest you review THIS post.
Belt separations cana many times be discovered before you have a catistrophic failure by doing a "Free Spin" inspection.
Old 04-07-2021, 03:52 PM   #28

I've been using the B-Qtech Wireless Solar Power TPMS from Amazon for three years without a problem. I haven't even had to change a battery and I leave them installed all the time. I paid $125 originally but just checked and they are $120 today for the 6 sensor package. I recently bought another package to carry as a spare in case my original ones stop working for whatever reason. I have a 40' class a and have never had a linkage problem, in fact I've never have any problem, screw them on and turn on the monitor. I was leery at first about the low cost but they do everything the ones do that cost 4X as much do.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
RoyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 04:24 PM   #29

I got this from amazon

GUTA Tire Pressure Monitoring System for RV Trailer - 6 External Sensor(0-188 PSI) tpms, 6 Alarm Modes, Backlight LCD Display, Auto Sleep Mode, Monito
GUTA Tire Pressure Monitoring...

It works well and shows pressure and temp. Easy setup.
JonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 04:30 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingjw View Post
I have one, it is the TST brand. It works fine in regard to the alarm function and saved us a bunch of money when we had a blow out. What I don't understand about these systems is how accurate the PSI pressures are. I have 3 different measuring devices, the TPMS, a tire pressure gauge, and one of those pencil gages. It is very unusual for me to have all 3 show the same pressure. Having said that, I would buy a TPMS just for the alarm function. My blowout happened on the freeway and I was able to pull off with minimal damage to the TT.
I found after doing research that digital gauges are the most accurate. I ordered 2 from Amazon, different brands and they both read exactly the same. One of mine had a small air chuck like from China I replaced it with a Milton brand, it fits better
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 05:33 PM   #31

+1 for the TST 507 with monochrome screen. Very happy with its performance.
Old 04-07-2021, 06:35 PM   #32

I have the Tymate system with 5 alarms. It's worked great for 2 years so far. It has a repeater fo long units mine is 35 feet and I haven't had any problems without it connected. My pressures go higher than the new one on Amazon
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 06:39 PM   #33

TST 507 seems to be the best one out there. Look at www.technorv.com and they have some really good videos there and download their info sheet and it usually comes with a $30 off coupon. You won't find it any cheaper anywhere else.
Bugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 08:44 PM   #34

We asked this same question a couple years ago and decided to go with EEZ Tire brand. It has worked flawlessly so far. Also have not needed an extender to read the TP on the toad.
One more thing, they have great Technical Support which I think is invaluable!

Good luck on whichever system you choose.

Mike
wrimda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 08:52 PM   #35

Tpms

Mike,

Thanks. you are the first person to comment on this brand and it sounds worth looking into. Appreciate it. Steve
Steve S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:34 PM   #36

I have TST on my FW and TV. Best $$ spent for RVing. Before traveling, turn on monitor and wait for it to pick up sensors (several minutes).
Armycamper24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 06:23 AM   #37

Hey Mike,

What model is your EEZ? Thanks, Steve
Steve S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 06:26 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuaz View Post
I bought an inexpensive one from amazon for the same purpose. I have a 37 foot Jayco Eagle 319MLOK and it works well for me sitting on the dash. I usually check it manually for longer trips, they are accurate within a few pounds. Also nice is that they show the tire temps, so even if your pressures are ok, you can see the tire heating up - kind of fun to watch when sun on one side, you can see the 10 degree difference on the sunny side.

I wanted it for blowout detection, and it serves my purpose. One quirk, maybe common to most, is that it goes into sleep mode (sensors) until the tire starts moving a bit, it takes 2-3 minutes to sync up all the tires once you start moving out - which is why I check before longer trips - but it is WAY cheaper than many of the options out there.

Good luck & welcome to the club!
(link here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
I just installed this one two days ago. So far I like it
crockettlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:18 AM   #39

I’ve used TST brand on my fifth wheel for 3 years. It just works great and is very accurate!
Cheetah053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:55 AM   #40

I've been using my system for 2 years called BlueSkySea T650 with 6 sensors for my 2016 31XL and have been very happy with it.
Solar powered with rechargeable battery back up.
Good piece of mind being able to glance at it on the dash especially in the dessert.
Fairly easy to install externally on the valve stem.
Amazon $120
Weatherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote