Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #1

Too harsh or nitpicky maybe? oh well already sent

I emailed this to GM and CEO...

To whom it may concern,

Let me first say thank you for taking the time to read my letter. I am writing you today in hopes that it saves a future customer of Lazy Days a little frustration. This was our second RV purchase, the first having been with Camping World Kissimmee. We purchased a used pop up camper from them a little while ago, an “as is” unit. We were treated to an entire walk through with a tech that kindly showed us how everything works and answered any questions we may have had. Unfortunately that is where the customer service ended for us. We decided to go with Lazy Days our next go around thinking surely the treatment would be superior. I work for Suncoast Schools Federal Credit Union and got preapproved through our financing department. I called Lazy Days in Seffner FL, right down the road from where I live. I was put in touch with Laura Janocek, who was very nice over the phone and eager to help me. I ended up finding the unit I wanted, Jayco Jay Feather exp19h, on your website and calling her back to place the unit on hold.
When we arrived on that Sunday to see the unit for the first time and turn in our trade in we were very excited. We were taken to the unit to see it for the first time. This is where some of the aggravation started. We had several questions about the unit (we understand an “as is” unit typically has no known history) but the questions were standard operating questions (bunk ends, TV antenna etc.) we were told she doesn’t know about these units because she usually sells class A motorhomes. This almost felt like an insult to us. As we were walking around the exterior we asked if there was a way to get a ladder or anything to see the top of the unit and were promptly told no. We asked if there was a way to check out the propane appliances (furnace, water heater etc.) and was told “oh the techs do a safety check”.
We decided to go ahead and take the unit because she said she had many other inquiries on the hybrid, this was on Sunday March 3. We were told we couldn’t take possession until our truck was outfitted with a WDH and brake controller. Due to the difference in price (497.00 different) we told Laura that we were having the work done next door at camping world. She told me that she was off Friday, March 8, but would arrange to have it towed over before our appointment at 8:30am Saturday Morning March 9. I received a call from Laura on Tuesday March 05 saying that everything had been set up and that even though she wasn’t working on Friday she would call to check in with the delivery department.
So the day has finally arrived and we are excited to take home our new to us unit. We get to camping world at 8:30 Saturday Morning and they take the truck back to install the brake controller. We decide to walk to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. While there Camping World calls me and asked if they delivered the trailer I say yes (as I was told). I hang up with them and call Lazy Days Delivery Dept. and explain the situation to them. The lady on the phone takes my info and tells me she will find out for me. I do not hear anything back from her. This part may be my fault but because I do not hear anything back I ASSUME everything is fine. Imagine my surprise when at 11:30 am (2 hrs. after placing the call) I ask my husband to check on the status of our unit because we have made plans for later that day, and he proceeds to tell me Camping World can’t locate our trailer and they have not even started. I immediately call over to Lazy days and cannot get ahold of anyone who knows what’s going on so we just decide to walk over and try to find someone. When I explain what is going on we are finally whisked back to the delivery department and they page Laura. Now I am really upset. Meanwhile the lady in the delivery department calls our Delivery advisor Ken and he informs her that Laura is doing the walk through with us. So now I am stuck with a walk through without a qualified tech. She rushes in the side and I tell her how aggravated I am and she proceeds to tell me “oh we needed to do the walk through first”. I am guessing this was said because there were other customers in the room and she did not want to admit Lazy Days dropped the ball in front of them, because as soon as we were outside in the golf cart she just “couldn’t believe what happened and was apologizing profusely saying she takes off one day and nothing gets done” etc, etc. None of this was getting us out of there any faster. We are rushed to the unit to do the walk through as she stays outside and we still cannot check out the roof. I ask her if the LP tanks are filled and she says yes I told them to do that for you. Well the tow guys get there and luckily I ask them to check the tanks because now I don’t believe anything I am hearing. Guess what they are not filled!!!!
The tow guy gets there and we need to get out of the unit so they can move it. She then carts us over to camping world so they can hurry up and start on our unit. My husband then says where are the keys to unit? Laura says ‘They aren’t in there?” Nope they aren’t. So now she has to go on a key hunt. This is getting ridiculous. I am starting to believe if we had purchased a 100000.00 coach the service would have been MUCH different. We ended up not leaving until 4pm that afternoon, day wasted, plans cancelled, very unhappy with Lazy Days “great” service.
So we finally get home and cannot figure out how to work the fridge (it was different than our previous unit) and low and behold when we finally get on the roof the whole TV antenna is destroyed. Would have been nice to know this ahead of time. Maybe it’s our fault for not being more pushy. We finally figure out the fridge from the lovely people on the Jayco forums we are a part of. They cannot believe the service we received, better yet didn’t receive from, Lazy Days.
After all this we love our unit, we just wish the experience would have been more enjoyable but maybe this letter will create a happier environment for another “non Class A” buyer.
Regards,
Jessica and John <snip>
Plant City, Florida

Well?????

08 Jayco JFeather 19h
06 Toyota Tacoma

jdesiano1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #2

Wow! Sorry to hear you had such a rough time with the dealer.

I googled "Lazy Days in Seffner FL + reviews" and here's a couple of the sites that came up. You may not be the only unhappy customer
http://lazy-days-rv-center.pissedconsumer.com/
http://www.bbb.org/west-florida/busi...ner-fl-6078071
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #3

Sometimes "sales" is the only consideration. There is a big difference between "I don't know" and "I don't care", but neither one is appropriate in that situation and you got both.

You sound like reasonable people. I hope the story has a happy ending.

Edit: I hope your letter doesn't go "on the stack".
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #4

Its a shame that some companies act like that and have no integrity. It appears that it is really hit and miss out there with RV dealerships. We had some trying times with our order last year of a new 2012 Jayco that because of the issues became a 2013 and nothing really got resolved until my wife spent 2 hours on the phone with the president of the dealership. We went in to fill paperwork out before we pu unit due to schedule issues, the new finance guy screwed up and we had to resign on the day we pu our unit anyway. Service was great with out walkthru but because of the issues we had, I'm nervous to take it there should it need service...

I think your letter was fine, let's see if anything comes of it.
Welcome to the forums and good luck with the new to you unit.
Dogfather to Yoshi our rescue German Shepherd
and Alley our husky mix rescue
Lsuduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:00 PM   #5

I wouldn't have been that nice.....
"God looks out for the stupid, so I keep Him pretty busy"

2005 Dodge 2500 Diesel in proper Purdue gold and black (the Coally Roller)
2013 Jayco Swift 264BH
Soulman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #6
Site Team

Please let us know what response you get.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:45 AM   #7

Lazy and Dazed seems to be their motto...
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seann45 View Post
Lazy and Dazed seems to be their motto...
Lazy and Hazy maybe....

At least they had the first part of their name right!
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #9

Well I still hadn't heard anything as of yesterday so I went to the Lazydays website to their contact us page and filled out the form there. I summarized the situation and submitted the form. The Director of Customer Service Emailed me and asked me to explain the situation. She was very nice and in the end they are sending me a gift certificate. I do not know how much it is for but she was very nice and sympathetic so I consider it a win. Anything is better than hearing nothing right???

i will update with an amount when we receive it.

08 Jayco JFeather 19h
06 Toyota Tacoma

jdesiano1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:40 AM   #10

I don't think you're being nitpicky. Check out this website.

http://rvservicereviews.com/ReviewDe...h=&CategoryID=
Reese straight line dual cam
17k wd hitch
2005 GMC diesel
Crew cab long bed
:Flag:
bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #11

Sorry you had such a bad experience but you had so many red flags on this tt that you should have walked, no run away.
bayleightucker is offline   Reply With Quote