Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-27-2016, 03:21 PM   #21

Hi has anyone though maybe to much weight in the back of rv ,it.will cause hitch weight to be less than 10/ percent.

Pop6 2015 f150 Eco boast 3.5 with 33rsks Whitehawk
Popcorn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 08:47 AM   #22

We had too much sway with the winds to and from the mountains on our last trip. After a lot of research, we order the Hensley Arrow Hitch. It arrives later this week. We stopped at the Camping World near Valdosta and the one at Lake City on the return. Both are Jayco dealers. After talking to two knowledgeable service managers, one told us the current set up we had was not good for aJayco. It was a good system but they do not recommend or sell them to Jayco owners. Strangely, this is the one our Jayco dealer sold us. Since we just went from having motorhomes to a TT, hauling a TT is new to us. CW does not sell Hensley but they recommended Equalizer, ProPride and the Reese System all which have great positive comments in the forum. They also said they have heard nothing but positive about Hensley. Since there was a little too much sway for this mama the last trip, I am excited to see how much difference it makes.

"Let the Reel Cool Times Roll !!!!!
ReelCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 05:58 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulman View Post
The complaint is that the trailer moves too much going down the road and is affected by the passing vehicles. So, since we've only been pulling this trailer for 4 years , I'm looking for help from more experienced campers.
The details:
Dodge 2500 Cummins 4wd shortbed
2013 Jayco 264BH
EAZ-Lift weight distribution hitch with sway bar - bought when we had a Jayco 17C and a 1500 Silverado
Truck tires are brand new - 80 psi max inflated to 70 psi
Camper tires 50 psi - inflated to 50 psi

Thoughts....run sway bar tighter? add a second sway bar? new weight distribution hitch? anxiety pills for wife? deal with it because nothing is wrong?
Am I missing something?
That brings back old memories.....
Only thing I can tell you is make sure the ball is 100% level when the truck is parked level (like in the garage)
Then start trying different adjustments......
When we first got our old 26' tt I could not drive over 45 to 50 mph. I kept trying different adjustments and finally got it where I could run 80 mph and had NO sway at all.
Not that I would two that fast, but I was able to.
There are a number of different adjustment on those hitches. Also make sure you have the CORRECT spring bars.
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote