Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-06-2014, 07:00 PM   #41
Site Team

Bumped for new members.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 08:18 AM   #42

I, obviously, did not start this thread, but as a new member, and as a member who has not even picked up his 27.5 rlts yet, I want to say thanks for all the great info. We already had a lot of the list from using our R Pod, but lots of other great stuff listed here that we will want to pick up.
Thanks
Rhizoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 01:50 PM   #43

Keep this in mind for year 2. Pull everything out of the storage area and take inventory of the kitchen stuff and living area cabinets. Dump your tool box.

Now after picking up 2 or 3 plastic totes sized to fit in the storage area, go thru all the must have stuff you acquired during your first year. Sort the stuff into 3 piles 1] stuff used regularly 2] stuff you used occasionally & 3] stuff someone told you you needed or gave you as a gift that you almost never used. Hint: if its still in the original packaging, it goes in the 3'd pile. Kitchen and cooking stuff is usually the wifes domain but check out the knives, pots and pans, and plates/glasses. Do you really need an 8 place setting of eating utensils? Same with the other stuff.

If you skipped the above project after the first year, you definately need to give it a go the following year. We all tend to accumulate stuff. We get it, throw it in a drawer or cabinet, and then forget we have it. As a personal note, I did this when we bought our new White Hawk and sold our older TT. I eliminated over 20 lbs of hand tools, 2 large boxes of kitchen stuff, and a camp box filled with old holloween and outside junk.

Never saw the need for tow mirrors and some of the comfort items are a matter of personal preference. If you're not a trinket kind of person, most of what you need can be bought at Wally World or in the elec/plumbing section at CW. Collapseable trash can??? Pile 3.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 02:00 PM   #44

Thank you Bassdog(s). I laughed a little at the list you threw away, but that sounds like sage advice to me. Even in our little R POD where storage was very minimal, I accumulated some for pile #3. But I did not have a water pressure regulator, and would probably benefit from one. I researched the levelers and liked the looks of those, and I liked the idea of cutting some gutter to help aid in supporting sewer lines. I will shop for my tubs and get to work next week when we empty the Pod for trade-in and go pick up the Eagle.
Rhizoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 08:52 AM   #45

We started our adventures with the great outdoors by tent-camping in Europe and the US, graduated to a Coleman tent-trailer when I finally refused to sleep any longer on the ground (with the dogs nesting on top of me), and 30 years later agreed we were ready to camp year-around in comfort with a TT (White Hawk 25bhs). Although our method of "camping" has matured over the years - our "Top 10 Must Haves before your First Outing" has remained pretty constant:
1. Curiosity (the purpose of a shake-down outing confirms things happen that you'd never expect ~ uncovering the 'unknown unknowns')
2. Great recollection (of what you were taught by the vendor about how your rig works)
3. Glasses or magnifier (so you can read the plethora of small-text instructions and relearn what you didn't remember)
4. Checklists - set-up, take-down, food & clothing, etc. ('cuz something is ALWAYS forgotten and you certainly won't remember it next time)
5. Paper, pencil, and clipboard (to create new checklists of things for the vendor to fix and for you to buy)
6. Sense of adventure (what will go wrong next, because it will)
7. Positive attitude (even if it does get worse, eventually it will get better)
8. Ability to laugh (as you stumble through "oops" moments, and find humor after-the-fact)
9. A sense of peace - and acknowledge this isn't home (accept some degree of 'roughing it')
10. A staged budget (without a doubt, you'll go broke if you buy all your "must haves" at once)
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 04:07 PM   #46

Saltymick, congrats on the TT and welcome to the forum
fielro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 07:12 PM   #47

6-7-8-9 have served us well from newbie to semi-oldbies.
SecretCoveDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:45 PM   #48

And keep an eye on the bathroom cabinets. Wifey stocks that like its a bloomin Walgreens!
doonkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:26 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by doonkin View Post
And keep an eye on the bathroom cabinets. Wifey stocks that like its a bloomin Walgreens!
+1

The cabinets in the bathroom are the only cabinets in my entire trailer that are consistently full.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:39 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by doonkin View Post
That's ok.. I was going to put a "Fallout Shelter" sign on ours. We have enough supplies in there to last a looongg time....

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.
Tex1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 01:40 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkuzme1 View Post
A small power meter to check the quality of the power from the power pole. Trust me, I lost a microwave because the pole was putting out too may volts.

I would carry a small brass "y" coupler for the for the water. I have been at camps that had one water supple per 4 campers but you had to supply your own divider.

Something to look at for the future.... A blue tote to carry excess black/grey water. Some of my favorite camps to do not have sewer.

A torpedo level.

A refrigerator fan to improve the cooling ability.... Might even consider a kit to improve it.

A water cooler. Cuts down on water bottles and cooler space.

A good cooler.... Pre-freeze your ice... Don't just buy that bag and put in in your cooler.

A good easy to clean grill. I have this one and I love it http://reviews.basspro.com/2010/5847...ws/reviews.htm

Tool kit

First aid kit

Fan

Zero gravity chairs are SO much better than bag chairs

Bucket light. You'll love it!

Small entry way carpet.

Dollar store fabric softener for the toilet.

45 clear bend for the potty hose

Small fire starter logs. $.99 at Walmart per log.

Small broom and pan pan

Baby wipers are gold

That are just a few things to start thinking about.
So being a newbie myself I have been reading a lot of " must have" threads. I need some explanation on those, what is the pine sol for?
98volfan is offline   Reply With Quote