Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #1

Thumbs down Town and Country Rv Clyde Ohio

TOWN AND COUNTRY RV
Do not purchase anything from them.... we purchased a camper from a dealer in Dayton over the winter. It has a few problems. I contacted town and country for service work.

I did get a call from Tom at T & C. We wanted to make a service appointment for late Fall. I told him I call him back. I did not call him I called Bill the owner and asked him why they would not service me until the end of the season. I worked with Bill when were looking, he could not meet the price I was able to get it at in Dayton at Mid West. Anyway Bill “I will not service you because you did not purchase it this shop.” I asked him if he was an authorized repair dealer? He said yes, but his customers come first. “I have been in business for 30 + years and have always done this and do not plan on changing it.”

I have been working with them and Jayco since end of May! We own a x23f
peach680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #2

I would share your experience with Jayco. While I am not sure how much control they have, they can certinally influence them

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:17 PM   #3

Unfortunately from what read here and other forums this practice is not unusual nor a violation of thier dealership agreement with Jayco. The RV industry is a long way from car dealerships, with regard to how service works. Jayco will approve service from non-jayco dealerships (or RV Service only shops) if necessary, I'd try to go that route if where you purchased from is prohibitively far.

I potentially could have the same problem. I tried to buy at my most local dealership (30 miles away) but they thought thier trailers were made with gold and diamond accents, so I purchased mine for 22% less from a dealership 120 miles away.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:49 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubhouse View Post
Unfortunately from what read here and other forums this practice is not unusual nor a violation of thier dealership agreement with Jayco. The RV industry is a long way from car dealerships, with regard to how service works. Jayco will approve service from non-jayco dealerships (or RV Service only shops) if necessary, I'd try to go that route if where you purchased from is prohibitively far.

I potentially could have the same problem. I tried to buy at my most local dealership (30 miles away) but they thought thier trailers were made with gold and diamond accents, so I purchased mine for 22% less from a dealership 120 miles away.
Talking to another dealer he confirmed what you say about common practice. He told me all dealers get paid the same 113.00 per hr for repair work. Many of them still run on the good old boy system.
peach680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:10 PM   #5

We have run into that dealer philosophy of only working on what they sell. If the dealer didn't sell it some wont do any warranty work and some will do warranty work when they have nothing else comming into the shop. Just this summer our trailer sat in a dealership in Washington state for 6 weeks. The work done could have been done in just a few hours and a lot wasn't done at all.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote