Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-06-2017, 08:55 AM   #1

Tpms

I'm looking for input on TPMS I have a tt and do not need one that monitors more than 5 tires. I have done some research on the internet but it confuses me some what. I would like input from actual users if possible. My goal is to have a TPMS before we hit the road this spring. I have researched on this forum but the information on TPMS is kind of scattered, no fault of anybody.
Regards
Bob
380 watts of solar
2013 1500 Silverado 5.3 4x4 ext cab
Equalizer hitch 1,000/10,000
Firestone Airlift airbags
geezerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:29 AM   #2

OK here is a nickles worth of free advise. I have the EZEE system on my Precept and monitor 10 tires. However, almost ever brand has different size kits. All you want is four, so the cost will be less. I found this system to be easy to understand and easy to put on and take off. I remove it each time I store the motorhome for more than a month. I also remove it from my dingy vehicle when not towing it. I would certainly recommend it. But, ask five people and you'll get at least 3 different answers. Good luck

Bob
2015 Equinox, Blue Ox Avanta LX
Bobs A Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:39 PM   #3

I also have the Eeze. It is expandable to something like 28 tires. You can show the tow and towed vehicles. It is easy to use and set up.
The only down side I have found is that when I opened the box I had a bad sensor. Usually not a huge deal, right? They want me to pay for shipping of the bad part back to them. Yeah, it's only $6 but it was bad out of the box. /soapbox

ROOF REPLACEMENT

PARTIAL FLOOR REPLACEMENT
Scott91370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:59 PM   #4

I have had the TireMinder A1A.
Love it.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:57 PM   #5
Site Team

My guess is if one does not like his TPMS he would not be bragging about it. It's to important to go the inexpensive route.

Mine is made by TST Technologies.
Basic is 4 sensors but it can handle 24. They have a number of choices. Mine is the older RV510 with non user changeable sensor batteries . My first set of sensors lasted 5 years.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:00 PM   #6

Tpms

I have the Tiretrakker & it works OK but if I was buying today I would look at the others - having to go thru 20 screens to look at 10 tires is crazy

Les & Sandy
2016 Seneca HJ - Scangauge D - Truma Comfort
560 watts solar - Blue Sky 3024iL -IPN ProRemote - Trojan T-105RE
Good Sam Life Member - FMCA Member - Passport America
Les7h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:02 PM   #7

TST 507SE. I have factory TPMS on my tow vehicle so I use 4 sensors for my 5er. Replaceable sensor batteries last 1 year. Works as designed and gives me peace of mind.

2021 Coachmen Freelander 29KB
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
NSA Ready Brute Elite II tow bar
Springhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:57 PM   #8

I too,have the TST 507 with 5 pass-through sensors( 4 on the ground and one on the spare) Thus for, it has done the job. I've had it several years and have yet to replace the batteries but plan to do so before next season.
Shorty Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:03 PM   #9

I've got TireMinder. Their support is excellent, getting back to me whenever I have a question. The only exception was when they were locking things down and evacuating for Hurricane Irma. But even then, they called, explained what was happening and called me a few days later to help with a question I had. Some of the best customer service I've had in years.

They also will ship you batteries for the sensors at no charge for life on request.
ifallsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:17 PM   #10

TireMinder and TST seem to be the most popular. I have a TM and think it’s great. Like Norty says, it’s too important to go cheap on. Same thing with a surge suppressor or EMS.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:19 PM   #11

Send a message via Skype™ to jamaddox
I have the tireminder that communicates with my iPhone so 8 use that as a monitor. They even replaced a bad Bluetooth monitor and no charge

2016 WhiteHawk 27DSRL
2017 F250 (Diesel)
Equalizer WDH with 10k bars
jamaddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:46 PM   #12

I also have the EEZ and put 8,000 mile on them this summer with no issues. The one I purchased came with 4 sensors for the tires. Yes, more can be added if you wish by purchasing the sensors. Took the anti-theft part off the sensors and just screwed them on in place of the valve cap. It scans through each tire on the monitor and displays the temperature and pressure. You set the approx. location on the display for that specific sensor on the display and it flashes when that specific tire pressure and temperature is being read. This is so you know which tire it's reading. It has a low pressure and high pressure alarm that you set on the display that's suctioned cupped to the windshield. Runs off of battery or plugged into a 12V source. I'm sure most brands do this and are comparable. Hopes this helps. For sure it gives me a piece of mind monitoring the tires as we travel.
T&M_Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:14 AM   #13
Site Team

As everyone knows and have expressed, the ones with the best customer service are what makes them successful.

If they don't have it, they aren't around long.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 06:32 AM   #14

TireMinder TM55c here and it's worked well. Great support and I prefer the display screen to any of the others, it's simple and easy to read in my opinion. Since we only have a single axle it's perfect for us, it monitors up to 5 tires.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Minder-Resear...EDF1651GMDJCKR

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ome-41831.html
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 06:42 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaddox View Post
I have the tireminder that communicates with my iPhone so 8 use that as a monitor. They even replaced a bad Bluetooth monitor and no charge

2016 WhiteHawk 27DSRL
2017 F250 (Diesel)
This is what I use and love how easy it works in conjunction with my phone! I've had no problems for the last year of use. However, I did not know that they will send you free batteries...learned something new here yet again!
Old 12-07-2017, 07:16 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
This is what I use and love how easy it works in conjunction with my phone! I've had no problems for the last year of use. However, I did not know that they will send you free batteries...learned something new here yet again!
The battery replacement is part of registering your TireMinder.

From the owner's manual:

TireMinder® Limited Warranty
In order for Minder to extend its’ award winning customer service, it is extremely important that you complete and mail the enclosed warranty card along with a copy of your bill of sale. In addition to the warranty, this will register you for the FREE battery exchange program (CR1632 transmitter batteries only) valid through the end of 2018.

I'm not sure, at this point, if they will continue replacements past the end of 2018, but it would at least cover 1 replacement, if not more.
ifallsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:48 AM   #17

This is exactly the type of information that I was looking for. I don't put a whole lot of faith in the reviews that manufactures put on their product.
This is where the JOF is valuable on these kind of topics. For the most part members who post reply's do not have a dog in the hunt just their experiences.
With this input in mind and maybe more to come I will do some more research on tpms.
Thank you.
Bob
380 watts of solar
2013 1500 Silverado 5.3 4x4 ext cab
Equalizer hitch 1,000/10,000
Firestone Airlift airbags
geezerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:35 AM   #18

Geezerbob, a few years ago I researched TPMS systems and decided to go with the internal Dill system. I liked the fact that like automotive systems the monitoring system is mounted inside the wheel. That not only provides security from theft but also from brush or something else catching on an external unit mounted on a valve stem. Plus I have no worry about valve stem failure. The downside is that a tire shop must mount the units. I sold my first trailer with the Dill system on it and just purchased another Dill unit for our 2018 Jayco HT 28.5 RSTS. The unit cycles through each tire with a TPMS showing the tire pressure and temperature. The pressure warning system is adjustable for both a low and high pressure; the temperature only has a high setting. Battery life is listed at 5 to 7 years.

Dill is a US made product, high quality and is sold by TireRack.com
https://www.tirerack.com/tpms/catego...market+Systems

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Dwayne
DNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:11 PM   #19

I have the TST 507 sensors for 4 years and no problems.
I have a 36' 5th wheel and I did have to add the repeater because my R/R would not read all the time. I just mounted it in my battery compartment which is at the front of 5th. Be sure you have metal tire stems and at the same time have the tires balanced. Done at Discount tire in AZ.
I started with the pass through but traded them with the TST because I thought they were too long. I just take them off when the 5th sits for a while that way it does not use up the batteries.
TST main business if with 18 wheelers so you know they have to be good.
putz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:54 PM   #20

Send a message via Skype™ to jamaddox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post

No batteries but the unit that receives the WiFi signal and converts to Bluetooth went bad after a year. They sent me a replacement

John Maddox
2017 Ford F-250
Jayco WhiteHawk 27DSRL
Equalizer WDH with 10k bars
jamaddox is offline   Reply With Quote