Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-26-2016, 12:32 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentB View Post
For those of you that have the TST 507, it appears that it displays info for only one tire at a time, is that correct? If so, does it scroll through them on it's own or do you do it manually?

Yes that is correct. It scrolls thru them automatically or you can do it manually

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 01:11 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by namusmc65 View Post
Where did you find this unit for $189????
Thanks.
I found it on Ebay for that with the standard 4 sensors, had to purchase the other 6 separately.
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 01:33 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseS View Post
I found it on Ebay for that with the standard 4 sensors, had to purchase the other 6 separately.
If you're talking about the TireMinder TM55C, note that the manual at the TireMinder website appears to say that this unit supports monitoring of only 5 tires.

Roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 04:38 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3'senough View Post
I went with the TST 507 Flow Through system and it's been great. Saved me once so far with a low tire. I changed over the valve stems to metal as the rubber factory were leaking when you added the sensor. Some have success running stock stems others don't. It's different for each rim. You might loose 2-5 psi over the course of a day running with the rubber stems. If I flexed my rubber stems without the system you could hear it leaking so I went to all metal.

With my unit I do not need a repeater and it's every bit of 40ft ft from the unit to the rear most sensor. Also with the 507FT I take off the sensors when parked to save the batteries. The 510 have a 5-7 year battery that is sealed and must be replaced by TST for $20.00 each.

Mine was ordered from Plug it Right who extended the warranty to 3 years on the system.
I have had the 507 system with standard sensors for over 5 years. I too take the sensors off the tires when parked for an extended period of time to save the battery life since pressure turns the sensors on. My 5'er is a hair under 38' and no booster has ever been needed. I have had one sensor fail in during this period and TST replaced it even after almost 5 years. I purchased a 2 pack of sensors so I will have a spare if needed.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 04:40 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentB View Post
For those of you that have the TST 507, it appears that it displays info for only one tire at a time, is that correct? If so, does it scroll through them on it's own or do you do it manually?
It scrolls automatically and you can turn off the trailer display when you are away from your rig so it doesn't beep at you. If a problem develops it beeps immediately regardless of where it is in the scroll. Another nice feature is when you have a battery that needs replacing it tells you which sensor it is before it completely dies.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote