Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-16-2022, 09:07 AM   #21

Just looked at my Starcraft frame label and it has a Norco part#, but a BAL serial#. Nowhere on it says Lippert.
Old 01-16-2022, 11:43 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC_AZ View Post
snip...... Are they a Lippert company? I thought most of their frames were made by Norco/BAL?
Norco Industries (BAL RV Products Group), and Lippert (LCI) are two separate unrelated companies.

I believe JAYCO uses the Norco/BAL brand frames on its lightweight models.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 08:01 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1wayhighway View Post
Does anyone know if Lippert is the only manufacture of frames for RV's? Does Jayco exclusively buy from Lippert or are there others?

Just curious as I see many frame issues across the board with different RV manufactures but the common denominator is Lippert.
On my 2020 32RL, the manufacturer is B&L, so no, not always Lipert.
Spaceguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 07:36 AM   #24

Thanks guys. Just keep hearing about issues with suspensions (leaf springs breaking, brackets bending/breaking) and then been hearing about the frame issues on fifth wheels where the frame makes the bend to go to the hitch. Looking for a new trailer but makes one nervous. We like to travel so we don’t sit too long in one spot, need a unit that can manage the pulling. Our Whitehawk has been great over the years so again, a little nervous about getting a new trailer.
Old 01-23-2022, 09:28 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1wayhighway View Post
Thanks guys. Just keep hearing about issues with suspensions (leaf springs breaking, brackets bending/breaking) and then been hearing about the frame issues on fifth wheels where the frame makes the bend to go to the hitch. Looking for a new trailer but makes one nervous. We like to travel so we don’t sit too long in one spot, need a unit that can manage the pulling. Our Whitehawk has been great over the years so again, a little nervous about getting a new trailer.
I've only heard of issues with the Lippert built frames. Also heard that Lippert has addressed those issues with some design changes and reinforcements. I would think if you are buying a brand new coach that you should be better off than buying one in prior yers. I have a 19 321 RSTS and sit right in the sweat spot of having issues. I wont travel with all tanks full and try to minimize bad road travels, i don't use the Anderson hitch and try to keep weight down in the trailer. So far so good.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 10:54 AM   #26

So many talk about frame design hinging on cost when there is little additional cost to go to heavier gauge steel. Walk around any campground and see how many campers have “light” or “feather” etc. in their name. The engineering goes into weight savings so a customer can be up sold into a more expensive unit that his truck that is too light can “handle with no problem”. Think as more people already have a truck for a second vehicle, we have pushed manufacturers in this direction.
1973 IH 1210 CC
1975 IH Travelall
1979 IH Scout II
[SIGPIC]
bstannard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 11:14 AM   #27
Site Team

Lippert purchased Dexter Frame group in 2011. My 2011 has a Dexter frame so that year or 2012 were likely the last Jayco's made with Dexter frames.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 11:31 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstannard View Post
So many talk about frame design hinging on cost when there is little additional cost to go to heavier gauge steel. Walk around any campground and see how many campers have “light” or “feather” etc. in their name. The engineering goes into weight savings so a customer can be up sold into a more expensive unit that his truck that is too light can “handle with no problem”. Think as more people already have a truck for a second vehicle, we have pushed manufacturers in this direction.
True. Throw in trailer axle placement that lowers the pin/tongue weight so lighter vehicles can tow them without overloading.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote